Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: SunnyD]
    #22800160 -

Damn, $10,000 in 19 days is pretty sweet, haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Fletcher]
    #22800192 -

Not enough, too much, unfulfilled

Yes in that order

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: SunnyD]
    #22800193 -

I stock stuff at Walmart,whatever they tell me
I make 9.50 an hour, work a bit over 30 hours a week, 4 days, but they usually keep me an extra hour lately
What is happy? Not financially, no. I stand by that. I work hard and am tired by the end of the day, and that is not a living wage.
Fuck whatever you say about me being a looser. If I didn't have help I'd be working and living on the street
The job is tiring,my coworker worked too hard and just about passed out
They gave full time to some lazy girl instead of him though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #22800210 -

Currently on gov't assistance at 415 a week. Easy as all hell.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #22800227 -

Boat mechanic, work for myself, in Florida. roughly 1000.00 a day,
Do I like work, NO! But I like the money, 40-60 hrs a week,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #22800264 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Algo]
    #22800612 -

1 about 30, some shitty weeks more like 50
2 about 50k a year but this is california so inflated
3 bartender/server
4 most of the time, learning to appreciate things helps, for a long while i felt a stigma of not being more quote un quote. but i realize im making 25 to 50 an hour because i can work people and there is nothing to be ashamed with that working honest.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Algo] * 1
    #22800653 -

Algo said:
The thought of working for someone else makes me depressed as shit.



I am the polar opposite of you.  I feel "secure" working under someone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: nice1returns]
    #22800699 -

nice1returns said:
1. How much do you work?
2. What do you earn?
3. What do you do?
4. Are you happy with your job?

I will start...

1. 40 Hours per month
2. $750 USD per month
3. Clean offices
4. Yes



Ey, look nigga, I ain't got to do nothin', my momma take care of me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: nice1returns]
    #22800861 -

nice1returns said:
1. How much do you work?
2. What do you earn?
3. What do you do?
4. Are you happy with your job?



Just gave notice to my corporate slave lords last night. Was working 65+ a week. With the ridiculous amount of OT I was making almost 80k a year.

Found another position making a slightly better hourly rate, but with less OT I'll end up bringing home less at the end of the year. I don't give one single solitary fuck.

Moneys a helluva thing but it's not everything. I'd rather take the cut and spend time with my wife and kid.

I'm an Industrial Automation Tech. I enjoy the work, just didnt enjoy the sociopaths I worked for.


Fucking quote fail :crankey:


--------------------

Edited by Angus McAxeHandle (01/19/16 08:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: WAN]
    #22800970 -

WAN said:
Algo said:
The thought of working for someone else makes me depressed as shit.



I am the polar opposite of you.  I feel "secure" working under someone.



Yea, I'll take being told what to do over sitting awake at night wondering if your business will fail and you'll lose everything. That shit would eat me up inside


--------------------


A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 2
    #22801451 -

ReposadoXochipilli said:
1 about 30, some shitty weeks more like 50
2 about 50k a year but this is california so inflated
3 bartender/server
4 most of the time, learning to appreciate things helps, for a long while i felt a stigma of not being more quote un quote. but i realize im making 25 to 50 an hour because i can work people and there is nothing to be ashamed with that working honest.



That's cool. The reason people say "quote, unquote" though is because they aren't sitting at a keyboard. At the computer, we can just do it like this: "more".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Epigallo]
    #22801475 -

Between 8 and 12 hours a day. Sometimes up to 18 hours a day.

Between 5500 and 6500+ a month. Depending on overtime.

Sailor. Tanker ships.

Not always!

The three month on/one month off schedule is sometimes debilitating.
It very much depends on the crew you work with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Gotlib]
    #22801513 -

1. 38 hrs a week with no overtime, up to 50 with overtime
2. No overtime around $800/week after tax
3. Sheetmetal worker (mainly welding and making thingymajigs out of metal)
4. Some days yes, some days no. I live for the weekend so it doesn't really matter :lol:


--------------------


The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Gotlib]
    #22802047 -

Gotlib said:
Sailor. Tanker ships.




That sounds pretty exciting!  What a cool job too.

Interesting repsonses here.  Seems to come down to money VS happyness.

I'm happy with my shit job anyway :cool::thumbup:

I hope you guys find your balance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: nice1returns]
    #22802215 -

i have two paths to cash that i take:


1. ~10hrs per week /// ~30hrs per week
2. always under 10k (made about 5k in 2015)
3. busk/tattoo/sell my zines /// various piecework (mushroom picking, fruit picking, trimming, etc)
4. heck yes! every year i get better at earning my living and can dedicate more and more time to enjoying my life--i tend to do the piecework for a couple months in summer, and then coast on my tradeskills the rest of the year--mi love mi life!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #22802254 -

I left my job at the of December to move across the country.

I'm an Electrician
I worked anywhere from 10 - 60 hours a week
I made $30,000 to $40,000 a year. It doesn't sound like much, but its pretty good because the cost of living here is low. I have a really nice life and I am usually happy.
I like the work I do, well most of it anyways

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Gotlib] * 1
    #22802256 -

Gotlib said:
Between 8 and 12 hours a day. Sometimes up to 18 hours a day.

Between 5500 and 6500+ a month. Depending on overtime.

Sailor. Tanker ships.

Not always!

The three month on/one month off schedule is sometimes debilitating.
It very much depends on the crew you work with.



That doesn't sound that bad. Do they drug test? Anyone turn gay on long voyages? I assume you are going all the over the world, could you hide like 10 pounds of hash on the ship? Do you get to get off and walk around when you dock?
Sounds interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: bloodsheen]
    #22802271 -

bloodsheen said:
WAN said:
Algo said:
The thought of working for someone else makes me depressed as shit.



I am the polar opposite of you.  I feel "secure" working under someone.



Yea, I'll take being told what to do over sitting awake at night wondering if your business will fail and you'll lose everything. That shit would eat me up inside



That's why I worked a full time job doing construction for the first 5 years of my business until I knew I would make it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: my3rdeye] * 3
    #22802284 -

asking all the important questions


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happy Saturday Pub
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 2,012 33 04/25/04 08:54 AM
by Krishna
* happy birth day to me!! (5-26-86) Why the fuck didn't my dad get me anything?
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 3,206 27 03/22/06 04:23 PM
by Help on the Way
* How do people earn money?
( 1 2 all )
Ego Death 2,634 30 02/28/05 04:16 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* See me earn $15 in less than 2 minutes... ToTheSummit 1,044 7 06/23/04 02:51 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Happy Birthday BIGNerd!! Todcasil 1,372 7 03/07/05 04:16 PM
by Liz
* happy with what you have to be happy with JonnyOnTheSpot 1,439 4 03/10/03 09:25 PM
by zeta
* too happy? too friendly?
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 5,616 29 08/16/04 07:00 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Happy Birthday HELLA_TIGHT
( 1 2 3 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 5,072 52 05/30/13 09:13 AM
by Abuse

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,777 topic views. 7 members, 19 guests and 164 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.