Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Yin v. Yang
    #2279577 -

Yin and Yang.  Male and female.  But what about inside ourselves?  There's a bit of "yin and yang" going on there, too.

When I was going through premarital counseling with my ex :grin:, we each took a personality test at the behest of our counselor.  I turned out to be more male in my thinking than female. 

How about you?

http://gcruse.typepad.com/the_owners_manual/2003/08/_how_male_or_fe.html


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Frog]
    #2279596 -

yeah, what is male thinking and female thinking? That sounds like white person thinking verses mexican thinking.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2279603 -

There is absolutely a difference between the way men think and the way women think. Some of the differences lie in how we are raised, and some are just plain and simple genetics, or biology, or whateverthefuckitscalled.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Frog]
    #2279737 -

heh I'm "Extreme S"

I scored disgustingly low on the first one, and surprisingly high on the 2nd one... actually neither of those is really a surprise..

was interesting time-kill though, Frog - thanks, "Man!" :smile:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Frog]
    #2279769 -

in the empathy quotient, I scored a 48

on the sq i scored a 54

heh dunno waht that means as far as me being male or female brained


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Frog]
    #2279801 -

First test i got 17, next one i got 30


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: barfightlard]
    #2279814 -

what is asperger syndrome?


eq:47
sq:57

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: skoomaguitarist]
    #2279835 -

"what is asperger syndrome"

I'm not sure but I'll find out right now (Ctrl + N)

hmm lol this sounds like ME http://www.asperger.org/asperger/asperger_as.htm


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2279839 -

in the traditional taoist sense of the terms male and female, yin is female and yang is male. likewise, traditionally, yin represents so-called "negative" attributes and yang so-called "positive" ones.

For example, some positive emotional characteristics on the yin (female) side are relaxed, calm, imaginative, creative, artistic, sensitive, caring, and receptive; some positive emotional aspects of yin (male) are enthusiastic, alert, quick, focused, precise, accurate, confident, and determined.

Some negative emotional characteristics of yin are depressed, insecure, lonely, worried. A couple of negative emotional yang are aggressive, violent, tense.

From these examples, we can see the pattern of yin representing the more passive, subdued traits, and yang conveys the active, dominating aspects of being.

There is a bit of yin in everything yang, and a bit of yang in everything yin (that's what taoist "yin-yang" symbol is all about). And according to this philosophy, "male" and "female" are not biological labels, they are simply attributes of yin and yang. A woman could just as easily be more yang than yin (i.e. be more enthusiastic and alert, confident), as a man could be more yin than yang (i.e. be more relaxed and calm, sensitive).

Hope this helps!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Frog]
    #2279864 -

Hmmm... only took the first one... Eq: 42 (average for men).  I really didn't like a lot of the questions... for example:

I dream most nights.

Everybody dreams, but not everybody remembers them.  So are they asking if I dream, from a scientific standpoint, or are they asking if I remember having dreams?

Got a 52 on the second one.  I could relate to the second test much easier... whatever that means.  :grin:

Edited by Seuss (01/28/04 04:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Frog]
    #2279879 -

EQ Score: 55.
SQ Score: 47

I am not very meticulous when I carry out D.I.Y <-- wtf does that mean?


--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: MrGrib]
    #2280739 -

50 on the empathy thing, but what was up with the question on fashion?  Hold on, there's one about cars in the SQ test...  :wtf:  No, you're a car, you stupid test!  Yeah, that's right...  Wait, what's D.I.Y.?  Hmm, I got a 36, but I have a feeling that should be lower, Year of the Pig and all, but a lot of those questions were just about curiosity.  That was a fun test, though, Frog.  I'm not so sure the differences between men and women are any less a societal construct than the tension between the two. 

Anyways, I thought creativity was more of a yang thing?  Yeah, nothing bugs me more than when people assume that yang, white, creativity, light, heaven means good and yin, black, receptivity, dark, earth means evil.  They're both good.  Actually, didn't Lao-tse advise 'Being Yin and acting through the Yang'?  I always thought of it as Yang as the seed that would be pointless without Yin as the soil in which it may grow.  Yin is the great mystery and mother of all the myriad things.


--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Panoramix]
    #2280868 -

I received an 11 on the first test.  :grin: 

I already knew that I had Asperger's, so it was funny to take that test and see my score and be told I might have Asperger's.  :lol:


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yin v. Yang [Re: Strumpling]
    #2280889 -

Nice link. Here's another one: http://www.aspergia.com/whatisas.htm


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yin Yang and Balance
( 1 2 all )
gettinjiggywithit 3,238 30 10/01/04 10:03 AM
by gettinjiggywithit
* My journey to the yin-yang
( 1 2 all )
johnnyfive 1,795 29 04/23/03 03:38 PM
by tekramrepus
* yin/yang CleverName 878 10 10/23/03 07:18 AM
by Seuss
* the yin/yang of relations and independence CosmicJokeM 555 2 11/10/03 05:02 PM
by adrug
* is the world really too masculine/yang? Malachi 1,502 16 07/21/03 11:44 AM
by infidelGOD
* Ying Yang sign is over rated djtetsu 1,144 9 10/11/06 05:20 AM
by redgreenvines
* Do you think yin and yang are accurate descriptions of the two dominant forces in the world?
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 1,838 39 11/22/09 08:27 PM
by kcobra15
* Yin and Yang
( 1 2 all )
KickleM 1,258 34 04/03/10 02:04 PM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,414 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.