Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
the yin/yang of relations and independence
    #2089848 - 11/10/03 05:38 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

so, i live my life by ideals. when i decided it was time to go West to Seattle to live, I hardly expected my emotions to get so stirred up by a boyfriend i had spent the majority of time with for the last 8 mo. being such a wonderful man, spending the last night together my throat choaked up and tears just streamed down my eyes. i didn't have any bad thoughts or regrets towards moving away, we'll both be o.k. without one another, it's just that i could undoubtably feel my attachment to him deep down in my gut. it was powerful! i have another relationship in the works with a wonderful man out West that I look forward to, we have great chemistry. i have a lot to look forward to with this move. i guess i've never left a relationship on really good terms with somebody before, in fact so much so that it's not leaving a relationship, it's just one that is being redirected into a friendship.

what do you know about the dynamic between one's ability to decide where one's life should go and the relationships one shares with others? they're the big yang/yin in my life right now.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: the yin/yang of relations and independence [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2090038 - 11/10/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Well, I'm jealous... I wish I had at least ONE relationship that's been redirected into a friendship.

Hmm....
*thinks of a new thread topic*

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisibleadrug

Re: the yin/yang of relations and independence [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2090080 - 11/10/03 07:02 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

This is a tough one. If you do what you think is best for you, following the path you feel you were meant to follow, are you being selfish? If you're doing what is best for you and another person, but not what is best for a third, is it still the right thing to do?

I have a relationship with a close friend and fate has brought us together several times. I've been deeply in love with this person ever since I first met them years and years ago. So much so, you could probably even call it unconditional. We've had to part ways more than once, but have remained extremely close through it all and we still talk to this day. I suppose I'm still holding a shred of hope for the future when it comes to this person, but I have a feeling that its one of those things where we just weren't meant to be together, no matter how right it feels. At least not in this lifetime. But I can just appreciate the fact that he exists, that he is and always will be a big part of my life, and wish him the best no matter what he does, where he's at, or who he is with. :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology