Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Kay: WMD never existed
    #2267385 - 01/24/04 01:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Saddam's WMD never existed, says chief American arms inspector
By Andrew Buncombe in Washington
24 January 2004

David Kay, who stood down yesterday as head of the Bush administration's hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, said that he did not believe that any stockpiles of such weapons ever existed.

Mr Kay, a former UN inspector, said that most of what was going to be found in the hunt for Saddam Hussein's WMD had already been uncovered. The returning of sovereignty to the Iraqis would make the search more difficult, he added. "I don't think they existed," Mr Kay said, referring to Saddam's alleged stockpiles of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons. "What everyone was talking about is stockpiles produced after the end of the [1991] Gulf War and I don't think there was a large-scale production programme in the Nineties."

Mr Kay's comments will be an embarrassment for the Bush administration. Earlier this week the Vice-President, Dick Cheney, one of Washington's most outspoken hawks who led the rallying cry for war insisting that Saddam possessed WMD, said the outcome of the search was not clear. "I think the jury is still out," he said. "It's going to take ... time to look in all of the cubby holes and ammo dumps in Iraq."

Despite having the resources of more than 1,000 personnel dedicated to the hunt for such weapons, an interim report issued by Mr Kay in October conceded that no weapons had been found, even though there was evidence Iraq had retained the "template" of a weapons programme.

The Bush administration appears determined to continue its public stance that such weapons could be discovered.

Donald Anderson, the Labour chairman of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, said that Mr Kay's comments posed serious problems for British and American intelligence agencies. "My understanding is that the President and the Prime Minister were acting on intelligence then available [at the time of deciding to go to war]. So this raises very important questions about the quality of that intelligence," he told BBC's Newsnight.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "It is important that people are patient and we let the Iraq Survey Group do its work. Their work is continuing and we should await the outcome of that. Our position is unchanged."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=484185

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Xlea321]
    #2267491 - 01/24/04 02:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well duh. weed is still illegal too. oh and you're a blue pill.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2267729 - 01/24/04 06:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Blue pill?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2267804 - 01/24/04 08:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible, and no one can now doubt the word of America."

The US and UK governments are a fucking disgrace, a joke, a world embarrassment. Thousands of people are dead because of their lies and manipulations and yet they still have the gall to claim that they, in their righteousness were justified in this slaughter.

I can only hope that the Hutton report will finally bury Blair and get him booted from No.10 in disgrace. I'm not so sure what can be done about Bush.

I'm absolutely sure that there are weapons of mass destruction there and the evidence will be forthcoming. We're just getting it just now.
Colin Powell, Secretary of State
Remarks to Reporters
5/4/2003

There can be no doubt that Saddam Hussein has biological weapons and the capability to rapidly produce more, many more. And he has the ability to dispense these lethal poisons and diseases in ways that can cause massive death and destruction. If biological weapons seem too terrible to contemplate, chemical weapons are equally chilling
Colin Powell, Secretary of State
Addresses the U.N. Security Council
2/5/2003

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.
Dick Cheney, Vice President
Speech to VFW National Convention

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.
Ari Fleischer, Press Secretary
Press Briefing
12/2/2002

In Iraq, a dictator is building and hiding weapons that could enable him to dominate the Middle East and intimidate the civilized world -- and we will not allow it.
George W. Bush, President
Speech to the American Enterprise Institute

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.
George W. Bush, President
Address to the Nation

We are asked to accept Saddam decided to destroy those weapons. I say that such a claim is palpably absurd.
Tony Blair, Prime Minister 18 March, 2003

Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction
Jack Straw,
Foreign Secretary 2 April, 2003

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Edited by Edame (01/24/04 11:55 AM)

InvisibleEdame
gone

#2271269 - 01/25/04 10:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

*bump*

It's awfully quiet in here.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Edame]
    #2273878 - 01/26/04 05:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My heart bleeds....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Edame]
    #2273887 - 01/26/04 05:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

unfortunatly you have to add the australian government to that list. :frown:

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineSaviorSix
Stranger
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Hanky]
    #2274156 - 01/26/04 08:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Don't take one man's words (opinionated) to be the absolute truth.

I dont like U.S. foreign policy right now, but I'm wondering if all of you would change your tune if WMD were in fact found.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: SaviorSix]
    #2274253 - 01/26/04 09:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Mr. Buncombe misquotes (in the title of his article and in the body of the article) Kay, either deliberately or through sloppiness. Kay doesn't say Iraqi WMD's never existed, he states that in his opinion it is very unlikely any large stockpiles will be found in Iraq now.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/01/25/sprj.nirq.kay/index.html

"My summary view, based on what I've seen, is we're very unlikely to find large stockpiles of weapons," he said on National Public Radio's "Weekend Edition." "I don't think they exist."

There is a difference between "exist" and "existed".

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Phred]
    #2274575 - 01/26/04 11:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe he gave more than one interview? The BBC cite an interview with Reuters.

In an interview with Reuters news agency after his resignation was announced, Mr Kay said he did not believe there had been large-scale production of chemical or biological weapons in Iraq since the end of the first Gulf War in 1991.

"I don't think they existed," Mr Kay said.

"What everyone was talking about is stockpiles produced after the end of the last Gulf War and I don't think there was a large-scale production programme in the 90s."

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2274987 - 01/26/04 02:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Seems Kay thinks they do exist but were moved to Syria.

Saddam's WMD hidden in Syria, says Iraq survey chief
By Con Coughlin
(Filed: 25/01/2004)

David Kay, the former head of the coalition's hunt for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, yesterday claimed that part of Saddam Hussein's secret weapons programme was hidden in Syria.

In an exclusive interview with The Telegraph, Dr Kay, who last week resigned as head of the Iraq Survey Group, said that he had uncovered evidence that unspecified materials had been moved to Syria shortly before last year's war to overthrow Saddam.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," he said. "But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD programme. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."

Read the rest here.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2275631 - 01/26/04 06:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Alex Jones, that fucking lunatic has been saying this all along

They're going to follow these non-existent WMDs to any country they wish to squash.

"oh gee they may have been moved to syria....... oh fuck now that we've destroyed syria we don't see them.... I think I saw them being moved into Iran, lets go bomb them now too because they have WMDs......

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Strumpling]
    #2277589 - 01/27/04 12:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hasn't Elvis has got them in the basement at Gracelands?  :laugh:

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2277731 - 01/27/04 01:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Bush is going to have to invent some other reason to invade Syria.

NY Times

New York Times: Kay denies evidence of moved Iraqi unconventional weapons to Syria; or WMD in Iraq
Iraq-USA, Politics, 1/27/2004

The former Chief of the Committee for hunt for the alleged Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, David Kay, denied any the existence of proof that Iraq had moved unconventional weapons into Syria.

In an interview with New York Times published simultaneously by British " Financial Times " on Monday, Kay said that the allegations of some US administration's officials have no real proof.

"Iraq was totally free of weapons of mass destruction at the beginning of 1999 year, that is to say, four years before launching the US war on Iraq under the pretext of its possession of the said weapons," Kay added.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2278025 - 01/27/04 03:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Judging by your twisted fascination for Elvis, if he's anywhere, it's in your basement.

Let the memory go PinocchiALPO, let it go.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Learyfan]
    #2278034 - 01/27/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Perhaps Kay should make up his mind.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2278338 - 01/27/04 04:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Kay speaks again!

Kay: Bush Was Right to Attack Iraq

Critics of the Bush administration have seized on Iraq weapons hunter David Kay's pronouncement over the weekend that Baghdad didn't have any WMDs immediately before the U.S. attacked last March.

But Tuesday morning Kay gave President Bush a full-fledged endorsement on his decision to go to war.

In an interview with NBC's "Today Show," Kay told host Matt Lauer that the U.S. decision to attack was "absolutely prudent."

"In fact," said Kay, "I think at the end of the inspection process, we'll paint a picture of Iraq that was far more dangerous than even we thought it was before the war."

Kay described Iraq's government as "a system collapsing."

"It was a country that had the capability in weapons of mass destruction areas, and ... terrorists, like ants to honey, were going after it."

Meanwhile, Saddam Hussein "was putting more money into his nuclear program, he was pushing ahead his long-range missile program as hard as he could," Kay said.

Although Baghdad wasn't successful, Kay said Iraq "had the intent to acquire these weapons," adding that Saddam had "invested huge amounts of money" to do so.

The chief weapons hunter also debunked the notion that the White House pressured U.S. intelligence to exaggerate the Iraq threat.

"The tendency to say, well, it must have been pressure from the White House is absolutely wrong," he told "Today."

Link

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Learyfan]
    #2278550 - 01/27/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

cool so they'll have to come up with some other reason.

dude what ever happened to THE TRUTH?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2279040 - 01/27/04 08:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure someone will find an article in two days where he'll say he's against the war.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Kay: WMD never existed [Re: Strumpling]
    #2279521 - 01/27/04 11:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The truth from Bush and the crazies in the whitehouse? It would be easier finding WMD in Iraq.

Looks like the excuses are running out fast. Lets hope Bush and the crazies are put on trial for crimes against humanity as fast as possible:

No humanitarian case for Iraq war, says rights group
By Kim Sengupta
27 January 2004

The United States and Britain had no justification for invading Iraq either on the grounds of alleged threats from illicit weapons and terrorism, or as a humanitarian mission, an international civil rights group said yesterday.

The failure to find Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction has left President George Bush and Tony Blair claiming that the invasion was on humanitarian grounds, said a hard-hitting annual report of Human Rights Watch. It said that the West had done nothing when Saddam massacred Kurds and Shias in the past, and there was no evidence of any continuing mass killings at the start of the war in March 2003.

The report claimed that the US and British occupation forces had "sidelined human rights... as a matter of secondary importance. The rule of law has not arrived and Iraq is still beset by the legacy of human rights abuses of the former government, as well as new ones that have emerged under the occupation." The reasons given for war by Mr Bush and Mr Blair - WMD and Saddam's alleged links with international terrorism - hadnot been proved, said Kenneth Roth, executive director of the organisation.

He pointed to recent statements by David Kay, the departing head of the Iraq Survey Group, that WMD were unlikey to be discovered, and said it was unlikely that the Hutton report into the death of David Kelly would say anything different. The document praised the American and British forces for striving to minimise civilian casualties during the air campaign, and also for being much more careful in the use of cluster bombs than in previous conflicts. It condemned the Iraqi resistance for indiscriminately bombing public areas.

The report maintained that it was "irrelevant" that the US had "unclean hands" in its support for Saddam in the past, or that there were other countries which suffered worse internal repression. Neither were good enough arguments against military intervention on proper humanitarian grounds.

However, Human Rights Watch said the US-British attack on Iraq failed to qualify on a number of grounds normally used as a test of justified humanitarian military action.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom