Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Increasing potency of mescaline-containing cacti.
    #2274880 - 01/26/04 02:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hello,

I am aware that adding tryptamine (or derivatives such as DiPT) can add potency to 'shrooms (search forums and site).

Anyways, I am pondering... would feeding [Peyote, San Pedro, Peruvian Torch) perhaps 'water + phenethylamine' increase levels of mescaline within the cactus?

later,

ergot

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Increasing potency of mescaline-containing cacti. [Re: ergot]
    #2275907 - 01/26/04 09:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Many people practice doping of their cacti with dopamine. You could probably get tyramine and L-dopa from the healthfood store and dope with that. I believe that will work too.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Increasing potency of mescaline-containing cacti. [Re: neuro]
    #2276118 - 01/26/04 10:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Feeding tryptamines to shrooms won't make them more potent per se, the shrooms will just 4-hydroxylate whatever tryptamines you add (ie. DiPT -> 4-HO-DiPT)

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2276244 - 01/26/04 11:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i dont think it would be as easy as addy a phenylthamine. perhaps adding teh chemical the plant sacreats when its under stress.such as in draught.

cacti as well as most plants produce more alkaloids under stress. maybe someone can elabirate on this but i have no clue what chem it might be.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Increasing potency of mescaline-containing cacti. [Re: the man]
    #2277302 - 01/27/04 10:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

there have been discussions per injecting, or topically applying solutions (solvent = ??? dmso?) into or onto cacti in genus Lophophora & Trichocereus for years & years (first (?) suggested in adam gottlieb's little book on psychedelic cacti...)
it _should_ be possible to introduce precursor chems (amino acids & amines such as phenethylamine, phenylalanine,tyrosine, tyramine, DOPA, dopamine, 3,4,5-trimethoxy-benzaldehyde (?)... etc.) to the living cactus flesh & have it incorporated into cellular biochemistry, but...
few reports of actual experiments seem to have surfaced...
(might be an intersting lab experiment: a few dozen "clones" (sister cuttings?) & identical growing conditions (& fertilizer, etc.), control group, experimental groups (w/various precursor chems & delivery systems), harvest, extraction, alklaloid profiles & yields...
~
real science, eh?
(or has it already been done & published quietly in some professional journal like "biophysics monthly" or "economic botany" or "the journal of natural products" or some such magazine? )

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Increasing potency of mescaline-containing cacti. [Re: gnrm23]
    #2277572 - 01/27/04 12:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if it has been published or not, i've never come across any such articles that were even close to testing the theory.

Though i've thought about doing the same exact methodical prep and testing. If i only had an unlimited amount of free time. (I'd probably waste it on something else though) As well as access to assaying equipment.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2277734 - 01/27/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard of people taking licorice root tea with san pedro and it doubling it's effects.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Increasing potency of mescaline-containing cacti. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2277950 - 01/27/04 02:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i still say adding a stress hormone or somthing would be teh best way . or just do it teh old way and dont water it much.

later

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates