Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Psytrance in FL?
    #22758014 -

Having just spent 4 months in South Africa, arguably the psy capital of the world right now, I was re-exposed to an old favorite and under-appreciated genre of music.  I don't know if I'll ever see another psy party like Vortex, but I was hoping someone knew of any shows that happen in South Florida.  I've been looking around, and the only big events in the Southeast are in North Carolina.  Wondering if one year I'll have to make a road trip up there.


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22758032 -

OMFG how are you?


Lemme know when youre in FL if you end up going!!


theres an annual autumn music fest in Ft laudy thats pretty sweet but im not too good on subgenres and what not so idk if its what you are looking for but it was generally electronic music and pretty fun event.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Apostle]
    #22758149 -

Yeah, I am back in FL now.  I used to live in Ft Lauderdale, but I moved to boca to go to FAU.  Still that would be a much closer drive than North Carolina :tongue2:

I'm doing pretty good, and you?  Going into my second semester in my behavioral neuroscience bachelors and just going with the flow, I guess.  I'm pretty broke, as I quit working to go to class full time.  Finally got off all the crazy opiates, and getting my priorities in order.  I was only working to fund my habit anyway.  But either way, I'm living on student loans and fafsa and scholarships.  I should have some spending money come April though.  Or i could probably dip into the loan money if I really have to come next month.  But only for actual psy.  I'm not a very big fan of dubstep at all (re:hate), and I've done that whole florida breaks/drum and base thing to death.  There's something very special about psytrance, at least for me, when combined with LSD :aweoverdose:


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22759442 -

We should kick it. I am in pbc right now n regularly travel through boca to get to ft.


I'm soooo happy u got clean:)

As for me I'm gonna do the methqdone thang for a bit while I buy my first home. Its a mobile home n I can afford the payments if ink n ni8lllllllp.

I'm pretty poor too but id love to get u a coffee or a joint:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Apostle]
    #22759558 -

Yeah, for sure :biggrin:  Yeah, it seems everyone is in the red these days.  I'm eating 2 meals a day and living of MLK blvd.  I keep the house super pretty though, so when you're inside, you can't tell.  So you're not on methadone yet?  Or did you mean methqualone?  Cuse if so.... I'll see you in 20 minutes.  :rofl:


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22759582 -

I've lived  in cental Florida for almost 15 years now and never heard of a psytrance fest in the area. Maybe you could collect some shroomerites and throw an intimate psytrance party in the woods somewhere. I would be down for something like that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #22759644 -

Yeah, I wasn't finding anything either.  Sad that the country is just bathed in shitty dubstep.  No one in the country cares about intellectual music anymore.  Gotta be about hookers or something.  I might be stuck roadtripping up to NC.  That's going to SUCK.  What might be cool is if we formed some kind of carpool roadtrip from FL -> psychedelia.  My car's a 2 door and kinda cramped.  4 seats though.  Sucks up gas though.


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22759788 -

NC is awesome!!! I would be up for a shroomy road trip to NC for good music, with good people, but I'm moving to San Francisco  in 2 weeks. One of the main reasons I'm moving is for a much better music scene. Florida has some good musicians come through, but it seems like they all  come around the same time. Usually November is flooded with good music in FL then there's hardly anything going on for the rest of the year. Probably because all the musicians want a break from the cold weather in November.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #22759811 -

Did u go to the 3 day new years campout at the farm?


--------------------
:mushdance:  :dancingbear:  :feelspokeman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: DOBAS]
    #22759837 -

Are you talking about the place near ybor? No, I haven't been to that one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #22760211 -

Check out Fractal Beach in March in Miami!


--------------------
A Pretty Big Grizmatik Undergroundzies Conspiracy

Too weird to live.
Too rare to die.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: EnemaOfState]
    #22760720 -

That looks pretty interesting.  I'll have to check out a few of the acts online and see what I think :biggrin:


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22761656 -

BothHands said:
Yeah, for sure :biggrin:  Yeah, it seems everyone is in the red these days.  I'm eating 2 meals a day and living of MLK blvd.  I keep the house super pretty though, so when you're inside, you can't tell.  So you're not on methadone yet?  Or did you mean methqualone?  Cuse if so.... I'll see you in 20 minutes.  :rofl:



yea i meant methadone and nah im not on it yet.


i never tried ludes :sad:



Im checking out Davie trailers today and gonna hit up the clinic tommorow.

Personally, i like hookers and dubstep but we've always had our differences, no ? :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22761922 -

You ever check out ektoplazm?

http://www.ektoplazm.com/section/free-music


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #22766444 -

Rollin on molly atm


could go for a edm event of any kind right now. music is orgasmic!!!!


I just like to dance in general :datass: :aliendance:


:vibin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Apostle]
    #22767431 -

Where you at the apple farm in Cape Town?


--------------------
:mushdance:  :dancingbear:  :feelspokeman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: DOBAS]
    #22770689 -

No, I went to pheonix fire, which was a vortex event in riviersonderend.  It was incredible!  I stayed in oranjezicht while I was there, and then the guy I fell in love with at the show stays in Woodstock.  So we saw each other a bunch afterwards.  It was the best.


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22770881 -

The only event I know of thats going on in Florida this year is the Tipper & Friends thing in Suwannee. Which isn't at all psytrance...though I'd still totally go cuz Tipper (and his collab project Crunch, which I've NEVER seen happen anywhere in the US before) + Shpongle. http://www.tipperfullmoongathering.com/lineup/


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: Cj-B]
    #22771000 -

I haven't listened to Shpongle, except for a song or two.  It was decent, for sure.. But I'm in South Florida, and it looks like that show is practically in Georgia.  It's right on the border.  I may as well take the extra few hours to NC.  If I drive up the coast, it probably won't even be much longer than making that turn and driving all the way west down the panhandle.  I think it's pretty established that I'm fucked lol.  Honestly, I would rather go see Phil and Friends or something than most EDM, but psytrance just has that special little spot in my heart.


--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psytrance in FL? [Re: BothHands]
    #22771391 -

going to my first psytrance party in a long while this month! been living in the yukon for a couple years and literally zero psytrance up there

wish i could help you, but unless you plan to make the trip to toronto...

just wanted to share in the excitement that is psytrance!


the headliner!! vvv



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Operation Pangea V said to go down Sunday September 30th Ogla 829 2 09/27/12 11:49 PM
by The_Ghost
* operation Pangea V Synth Ethics 177 0 09/30/12 10:52 AM
by Synth Ethics
* Official Psytrance thread.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 106 107 )
Psy Baba 142,284 2,124 03/10/26 02:27 PM
by nor
* Vernal Equinox (March 20th) mozartvicious 295 0 02/11/09 10:10 PM
by mozartvicious
* Panhandling
( 1 2 3 all )
fung_us_among_us 5,868 44 09/27/11 04:23 PM
by LobsterSauce
* Psytrance party All We Perceive 965 8 09/29/07 11:55 PM
by bert
* STS9 festival, in Deerfields, NC blissedout 1,059 16 05/01/07 11:09 AM
by ToolTroll
* STS9 presents RE:GENERATION at DEERFIELDS KerbouchardS 1,220 10 04/30/07 11:33 PM
by Kerbouchard

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
660 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.