Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

a couple WBS questions
    #2264012 - 01/22/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

is Penningtons WBS(finch seed)with "bird kote" good for growing...i wasnt sure about the kote shit, is that why you have to soak it and rinse it so much? and also i could not find any coir, and have a bunch of vermiculite left over from when i did cakes, would it be wise to case the WBS with straight verm? how would that be, does anyone know from experience? would it be better fine fine or leave it normal sized?

thanks a lot

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineatomic1
enthusiast

Re: a couple WBS questions [Re: ]
    #2264028 - 01/22/04 10:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

straight verm works fine

Anonymous

#2264048 - 01/22/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

the penningtons you described is what i have used for 2 years. You jus wanna get the sunflower seeds out its really easy they float when you are soaking make sure you stire it so all of them reach the surface so you can strain them off. Rinse soak rinse soak. Its not the brand it what you do with WBS and the the verm should be atleast medium grade fine will work but the medium or course works better any more questions?

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2264055 - 01/22/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeh I think the idea is to get all the bird kote off before sterilizing it. many people case with straight verm with good results. www.dansgardenshop.com has coir. :biggrin:

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: a couple WBS questions [Re: simplemachine]
    #2264063 - 01/22/04 10:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i think the presoak is to germinate endospores so you can kill them in the pc

Anonymous

#2264067 - 01/22/04 10:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If you pay me for the coir which is $5 and the shipping I will do it for ya I am allways here to help

Anonymous

Re: a couple WBS questions [Re: fee]
    #2264157 - 01/22/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the help homies, i figured straight verm would be fine, but i see great results with straight coir and wanted to go with coir but couldnt find any, i dont wanna fuck around with ordering it off the net when i got plenty of verm sitting around anyways, i will just use the verm.  Do you moisten the verm before you microwave it?(for about 10 minutes, stirring it at 5 mins, like coir?)  im just not certain if your supposed to mist before or after sterilizing or both?

what do you recommend i do for sterilizing verm?

The pennington i bought only has small bits of sunflower seeds, it doenst have whole ones at all, thats why i picked this bag up instead of the other bag they had that did have whole sunflower seeds, i read the tek that said you can pick em out if you want to but dont have to.  thanks again, i really appreciate the replies

im stoked, i got everything i need now besides the syringes, so its time to give ralph dawg a money order again :laugh:, oh and i finally got a fishtank heater which will speed shit up, when i did my cakes they incubated at 68 - 75(i know. ridiculous, but with some prayers they seemed to colonize pretty fast for shitty temps, cant wait to see what the incubator can do for me)

peace

Anonymous

#2264182 - 01/22/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you need a syringe and coir? what will you give me for both I will make it in your favor since you funds are on the low side

Anonymous

Re: a couple WBS questions [Re: fee]
    #2264222 - 01/22/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

im from the states man, are you sure you want to ship some coir and a syringe to the states? If you are, then hey man, i will go through you, i checked your ratings and i like what i see.

Just let me know how you want to do this...PM me

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation