Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Phred]
    #2260303 - 01/21/04 03:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
DoctorJ writes:

I love how most of the people who say Bush had nothing to gain from 9-11 then immeadiately point to 9-11 as justification for all the campaign promises he broke.

Which promises would those be?

I'm sure there must be at least one, since virtually all politicians routinely break campaign promises (even without an excuse such as 9-11), but I must admit I don't remember offhand every campaign promise Bush made so I can't immediately think of one he broke. Perhaps you can help me out -- could you give us a brief list of all the campaign promises he broke? Thanks.

Didn't he promised to cut federal beaurocracy or something? He certainly spoke harshly of "big government," but that didn't stop him from becoming Big Brother incarnate.

Also, although it's not so much breaking a promise as just doing a complete 180 on his positions, during the election he said he was against nation-building, though Iraq and Afghanistan have shown that not to be the case.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2260689 - 01/21/04 05:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
Bush is the biggest spending President ever, and has done by far the most to alienate our international relations and to encourage and ignore terrorism rather than fight it

it would be foolish for the junta to actually fight terrorism..given how much they have profited from 9/11...

I love how most of the people who say Bush had nothing to gain from 9-11 then immeadiately point to 9-11 as justification for all the campaign promises he broke.  :smirk:

thats not what i meant..maybe this will help clarify it ..

Quote:

The war on terrorism as pursued by the Bush Administration cannot be won. On the contrary, it may bring about a permanent state of war. Terrorists will never disappear. They will continue to provide a pretext for the pursuit of American supremacy. That pursuit, in turn, will continue to generate resistance. Further, by turning the hunt for terrorists into a war, we are bound to create innocent victims. The more innocent victims there are, the greater the resentment and the better the chances that some victims will turn into perpetrators. [george soros]

a prime example of the race to the bottom that neoconmen call "self-sustaining growth"...

Anonymous

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2260721 - 01/21/04 06:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The war on terrorism as pursued by the Bush Administration cannot be won. On the contrary, it may bring about a permanent state of war. Terrorists will never disappear. They will continue to provide a pretext for the pursuit of American supremacy. That pursuit, in turn, will continue to generate resistance. Further, by turning the hunt for terrorists into a war, we are bound to create innocent victims. The more innocent victims there are, the greater the resentment and the better the chances that some victims will turn into perpetrators.

if you read the mission statements, training manuals, propaganda, etc., of islamic terrorist groups, their beef with the great satan is mainly that we support israel and are a bunch of hedonistic infidel heathens. if their hatred was caused exclusively by our wandering military, then the solution would be quite simple. however, it is not. we cannot just sit at home and allow terrorists to be trained and equipped by foriegn hostile governments. that would present far worse risks than going after them with our military. at the same time, we must be extremely cautious and precise in the military force we do apply, lest soros' statements become manifest. basically, there is a middle ground that must be reached. keeping the troops at home is not a good option. nor is taking over the entire muslim world.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: ]
    #2260793 - 01/21/04 06:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

we cannot just sit at home and allow terrorists to be trained and equipped by foriegn hostile governments.

emmanuel goldstein..er..i mean bin laden..and al-Q..werent trained and equipped by a foreign hostile govt...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Anonymous

#2260810 - 01/21/04 06:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

no? they weren't harbored by the taliban?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2260819 - 01/21/04 07:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

check mate.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: silversoul7]
    #2260878 - 01/21/04 07:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

silversoul beat me to it.

those were the two big ones I was thinking about.  I also believe he promised to reduce spending. 

Plus the PATRIOT act is completely against classic conservative values.  I cant believe anyone that calls themselves conservative voted for that.  Libbies, I can understand, but conservatives?  The patriot act was what turned even my father against the republicans,  though he has a large personal intrest in Bush's financial agenda. 

And also, i know this has nothing to do with Bush, but where the fuck is the balanced budget amendment?  Republicans bitched about it all through the 90's, and I see nothing keeping them from passing it now, except, oops, all the damage 9/11 did to the economy (but of course the repulicans had nothing to do with that, right :wink: )  Whether they had anything to do with it or not, republicans are treating 9/11 as a blank check which they use to break not only campaign promises, but the very ideals on which their party is supposed to be based. 

I grow tired of the republican party's schizophrenia.  Today, they are a libertarian lassiez faire capitalist, tommorow they are a fascist religious zealot.  They plead both cases to two entirely different demographics and yet somehow come out with all the votes.  Are conservatives unaware of these contradictions, or do they see them as a necessary evil used to win the loyalty of idiots and make their vote stronger?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2260914 - 01/21/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

how has he gained from breaking campaign promises? that's typically the sort of thing that costs you votes.

dont twist my words. I simply will not stand for it.

All I'm saying is that 9/11 has given Bush exhoneration from most of his campaign promises in the minds of millions of voters.

The particular promises he broke have netted him and his posse some mad cash. Haliburton, the various American war profiteers who are connected to the Bush family, and even OPEC and the Saudis Bush is so friendly with have profitted.

I would call that a gain. I would even go so far as to call that a motive. But I'm a pretty suspicious person by nature, and i could be wrong. I would absolutely love it if someone could conclusively prove to me otherwise.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #2261039 - 01/21/04 08:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

we cannot just sit at home and allow terrorists to be trained and equipped by foriegn hostile governments.

no? they weren't harbored by the taliban?

they were *harboured* by the taliban..after the CIA under reagan *trained and equipped* them in the 1980s...

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2261334 - 01/21/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I hate beginning some good, well-thought out liberal arguments on a thread that I started to come back 24 hours later and find that Mushmuster and Innvertigo teamed up to tear open 2 pages of liberal asshole while I was gone. Jackasses. Wait for me.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2262136 - 01/22/04 05:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wait for me.

well you're here, say something.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: BadEnglish]
    #2262141 - 01/22/04 05:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see how Clinton could run....

At any rate, I wish he could, because he would be the one with the power to remove this fucking yahoo named Bush and all of his policies that will end the world. Or something. :grin: Clinton was the best president we have had in a LOOOOONNNGG time.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Anonymous

#2262340 - 01/22/04 08:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

they were *harboured* by the taliban..after the CIA under reagan *trained and equipped* them in the 1980s...

but they were actually at some point training and plotting with the knowledge and support of the taliban government, right?

when was al-qaeda aided by the CIA?

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2262603 - 01/22/04 11:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I want to write a lot more, but I'm at school, only have a minute....

Quote:

when was al-qaeda aided by the CIA?

I don't think Al Qaeda was aided by the CIA, but CIA definitely helped Osama Bin Laden and others in fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2262846 - 01/22/04 01:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think Al Qaeda was aided by the CIA, but CIA definitely helped Osama Bin Laden and others in fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan.

That would be correct but Osama was not a threat until after the Gulf War (1991). (pissed aboot our presence in Saudi Arabia)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2263060 - 01/22/04 02:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Clinton was the best president we have had in a LOOOOONNNGG time.

Ummm, drugs are bad.... mkay?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinetubularscar
Stranger
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2272973 - 01/25/04 09:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and irrelevant "hip" people are. Bill Clinton was a great president (see above)?, yeah right! Let's see, 1)he left us more bitterly divided then at any time since Viet Nam, 2)his domestic accomplishments were nonexistent - let's not forget his own party nixed his and Hillary's socialized medicine program, and his chief domestic claims to fame were a balanced budget and welfare reform both of which came out of the Republican Congress' playbook (thanks Newt),3)he left the economy tumbling into a recession (fall of 2000 folks before George took office), 4)and in foreign affairs he left us vulnerable to the worse attack in our history. Oh yeah, and let's not forget that he lowered by his lies and his behavior as a whore dog the esteem with which the presidency was held more then at any time in our history. What a great president, not even a good liar!
John Kerry may not be the criminal that Clinton is, but he is still a liberal elitist clown who wants to return power to the likes of Jesse "cash-the-check" Jackson and Ted "the Toad" Kennedy. All of which is not to mention the fact that he has a face that belongs on an iodine battle, he is truly Dr. Death incarnate. George will win, screw the rigged polls by the elite media and the games they play, George will win - Thank God!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: tubularscar]
    #2272980 - 01/25/04 09:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

George will win - Thank God!

Ummm, drugs are bad.... mkay?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: tubularscar]
    #2273866 - 01/26/04 05:01 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and irrelevant "hip" people are. Bill Clinton was a great president (see above)?, yeah right! Let's see, 1)he left us more bitterly divided then at any time since Viet Nam,

how did he do that exactly? all i can remember us fighting over is how much we should care whether he was having an affair considering past presidents and present world leaders do it and still do a fine job leading their country.

Quote:

2)his domestic accomplishments were nonexistent - let's not forget his own party nixed his and Hillary's socialized medicine program, and his chief domestic claims to fame were a balanced budget and welfare reform both of which came out of the Republican Congress' playbook (thanks Newt)

non-existant domestic accomplishments? how about leading a booming economy and creating millions of jobs (i.e. the opposite of what bush has done). and hey, at least he tried to create a NHS. finally, dont take credit for the balanced budget when republicans have control now, yet cant do it. look at the deficit under clinton and then under reagan and GW bush. actions speak louder than words.

Quote:

3)he left the economy tumbling into a recession (fall of 2000 folks before George took office)

after 8 years of massive success...

Quote:

4)and in foreign affairs he left us vulnerable to the worse attack in our history.

right...im sure past meddling in the affairs of the middle east before clinton had nothing to do with it....most of his affairs had to do with the former yugoslavia anyway.

Quote:

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that he lowered by his lies and his behavior as a whore dog the esteem with which the presidency was held more then at any time in our history.

was waiting for that ad hominem attack on his sexual practices. focus on his politics please. oh, and other countries thought it our reaction to it all was crazy, not the act itself.

Quote:

George will win, screw the rigged polls by the elite media and the games they play,

yeah, damn fox news trying to push the liberal agenda!!

Quote:

George will win - Thank God!

more like god forbid. he's seriously the worst president in our history. bad economy, no jobs, horrible foreign relation practices angering all our allies (including the english populous), dividing the country, disregarding civil rights with the patriot act, and the always understated complete denial of the fact of global warming (a fact admitted by his own commissioned-study not to mention 99.9% of all climatologists on earth).

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineSaviorSix
Stranger
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Tao]
    #2274182 - 01/26/04 09:10 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The Taliban was in fact supported by the CIA in their war against soviet occupation in Afganistan

The game changes, and alliances shift. It's just the nature of things. Get over it

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies