Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses
    #2254954 - 01/20/04 01:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

So John Kerry pulled out the most delegates in the Iowa Caucuses, followed by John Edwards, Howard Dean, and then Dick Gephardt (who dropped out, realizing his fate.... Kucinich and Sharpton, your turn!). What's going to happen now? Is John Kerry the front runner again? I personally think Dean still is... unless he loses in New Hampshire, which would be a major upset. Caucuses are just weird and unpredictable.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2255776 - 01/20/04 10:41 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Kerry is one ugly Mo-Fo. I was surprised that he won by the margin he did. I want Dean to win because he wouldn't have a chance of winning, Kerry though not much better has a better chance of beating Bush.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2255973 - 01/20/04 12:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

at this point its still too early to tell..but at least gephardt's out..he would have been a repeat of bob dole in 1996...pushing aside the fact that the junta has already guaranteed its reelection via falsified electronic voting (among other constingencies)..my own gut feeling is that it would have to be dean or clark to beat the junta..which will no longer be a junta come next november...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2255996 - 01/20/04 12:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I was surprised that he won by the margin he did. I want Dean to win because he wouldn't have a chance of winning, Kerry though not much better has a better chance of beating Bush.

I'm pretty sure my 12 year old brother could beat Bush in a debate. That lady from 20/20 sure cleaned his clock. Most of the recent interviews I've seen with Bush were heavily edited. I dont think he's gonna have that luxury in the debates.

the democrats need someone who can beat bush but not look like an asshole while he's doing it (like Gore did )

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2256069 - 01/20/04 12:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'm pretty sure my 12 year old brother could beat Bush in a debate

Tell that to Gore, he lost his debates. Not that Gore is much better than a 12 year old.

Quote:

the democrats need someone who can beat bush but not look like an asshole while he's doing it (like Gore did )

There isn't a democrat that can win, period. Like Bush or not, he's still better then the field we have to choose from.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #2256143 - 01/20/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There isn't a democrat that can win, period. Like Bush or not, he's still better then the field we have to choose from.

pls explain to the audience why you think bush is better than any of the democratic candidates...i agree that no candidate can beat bush..but not because bush is better...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2256179 - 01/20/04 01:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I Dont think Bush is doing a good job,and id love to vote for a democrat,but first i need to see one that is worth anything.IMO the closest in John Edwards and as much as i dislike bush,i will vote for him before any of the democrats that are running.Its simply a case of who will do the LEAST amount of Damage,and right now we need a president with a little experiance under his belt.Kerry is a pompous,trash throwing jerk,and Dean is not far behind.I admit that about 2 years ago when i first saw an interview with Dean i was very impressed.If the election was held that day i no doubt would have voted for him,but he has changed not only his policies and the way he stands on issues but he has changed his personalty.And i cant ignore the fact that he has no experience at all with foreign Policy(not that he would do much worse than Bush).
I liked Gephardt,but now he is gone,so really i have no choice but to vote for Bush.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2256184 - 01/20/04 01:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tell that to Gore, he lost his debates.

well I guess it depends on your point of view. I watched all the 2000 presidential debates, and I would say Gore won them, but he came off as such a cocky asshole while doing it that it cost him PR points in the long run. Remember that winning the presidency is more about personality appeal than political appeal.

I notice you didnt respond to my comments about all the underpublicized bush television interviews in which bush made himself look the fool. My contention is that bush cant go 5 minutes on camera without saying something that makes him look like a complete moron. He's gotten away with this because all the massive tools that have interviewed him have been really forgiving (not to mention the editing process). But, in a live TV debate, a clever democrat who possesses the cognitive ability to call bush on his stupidity could expose him for the brain trust that he is. Not to mention all the campaign promises he broke. (no nation building, reducing the federal beurocracy, etc...)

anyway, I'm looking forward to the debates, as I think they will be quite entertaining.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: BadEnglish]
    #2256193 - 01/20/04 01:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You say we need a president with a little experience under his belt, but Bush rarely seems to know what he's doing. He basically lets his Cabinet run things, and that's the way it's been with many past presidents. I imagine it will be similar with any Democratic candidate. Hopefully whichever Democrat wins the primary will pick a better Cabinet than Bush has(I can't see how it could get much worse).

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2256196 - 01/20/04 01:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It might be my great dislike for liberals or that many from the left do nothing but complain and do nothing. True Bush isn't the greatest and has made me mad from time to time but c'mon be serious, Kerry? Dean? Clark? It's sorta cute in a way, don't ya think?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2256203 - 01/20/04 01:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kerry? Dean? Clark? It's sorta cute in a way, don't ya think?

Bush?

Funny how just saying their name with a question mark somehow makes them look ridiculous. :smirk:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: silversoul7]
    #2256211 - 01/20/04 01:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Could be but apparantly you may be in the minority. Give me a Libertarian to vote for and i'll jump ship.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: silversoul7]
    #2256291 - 01/20/04 02:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ok i agree with alot of what you are saying,but is this isnt a time when we can spend a year working out the kinks in a new administration.Bush is an Idiot,agreed,and he never should have been president,but as i said i dont believe any of the democrats that are running would do much better.and even if it is the presidents cabinet that is running things,thats alot of experiance right ther.Cheney,rumsfeld(sp),powell.And no i dont think they are doing a good job but as i said in these times it seems the only option is to go with who causes the Least harm.
I believe that in todays world a strong Military is an absolute must,and although Bush abuses that,he does believe in a strong military policy.
I am thinking seriously about John edwards but he really doesnt stand a chance .The only 2 who really do are Dean and Kerry and they both are worthless IMO.

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2256345 - 01/20/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'm pretty sure my 12 year old brother could beat Bush in a debate. That lady from 20/20 sure cleaned his clock. Most of the recent interviews I've seen with Bush were heavily edited. I dont think he's gonna have that luxury in the debates.

Bush cannot debate or think for himself for that matter. He is just a friendly-faced spokesperson with name recognition after all.

I often wish someone would sabotage Bush's teleprompter. I bet he'd continue to read whatever was displayed (as he does anyways).

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: Xochitl]
    #2256361 - 01/20/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

word.

every time they ask him a tough question, he justs falls back on rhetoric, repeating it over and over like a mantra. fuckin lame. And you can tell the answers arent even his own. The only thinking he does in interviews is trying to remember the "official line" on whatever issue he's been questioned about.

Diane Sawyer asked him some deep questions about his faith and his answers were really fucking weak. Plus they seemed rehearsed.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2256374 - 01/20/04 02:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's going to really kill you guys if he wins i bet. This is how i felt during the Klinton years.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

#2256449 - 01/20/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Bush makes me wish Clinton could run for a 3rd term!!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: BadEnglish]
    #2256461 - 01/20/04 02:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i think he can.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #2256487 - 01/20/04 02:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's going to really kill you guys if he wins i bet.

that should be taken literally if "he" means bush...and your in line too..if you use drugs...

--------------------

InvisibleBadEnglish
Chief Of Staff

Re: John Kerry wins Iowa Caucuses [Re: ]
    #2256504 - 01/20/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldnt hesitate to vote for him,and 10:1 says he would kick Bushs ass.But even though it is technicly possable,he wont ever do it.Hillary is running in 2008!Then everyone will be saying,boy i wish bush was president he may have been stupid,but come on hillary is.............well its to far away to worry about now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]