Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas?
    #22449396 -

You go on places like pet MD and they say its cancer or serious organ disease. You go on forums and they say its eating too fast or eating too much, or eating poor quality food. People say healthier food, well I've been buying healthier food. Not ideal food by a long shot though..

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2014/03/31/cat-chronic-vomiting.aspx

Have any of you had this problem and solved it? I'm thinking outside the box right now. I'm thinking perhaps a totally natural diet is the proper course of action. My brother already breeds mice for his snake, and the addition of bones to the diet would be awesome for the cats as far as I know.

Perhaps I need to research exactly what a wild cat eats and start breeding that. I'm fucking sick of the pet industry, even all the supposed good brands that claim to be grain free often still contain grains or other non-meat ingredients! Fed up.

Any advice or thoughts on my natural diet idea??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22449413 -

How suddenly do you change your cats diet when attempting a new food? Do you give it one bowl of something, and than when you change it immediately give it the new food in it's next bowl?

If that's the case, you might be causing your cat an upset stomach, as far as I know, they need to be gradually introduced to a new food source because a sudden change in food can fuck them up a little bit...it wouldn't do any real harm but could cause upset stomach and vomiting a lot. My dog had this problem and once I started gradually introducing new food it seemed to go away. Might not be that but worth a shot :shrug:

some cats/dogs seem to be fine with a sudden change, others need to be slowly introduced sometimes. like instead of a full bowl of one type, mix it 7/8 of it's usual food and 1/8 of the new for a few days, than 3/4 normal and 1/4 new for a few days, than 5/8 old and 3/8 new and so on until it's fully the new stuff

Natural diet isn't a bad idea either, but gradually switching it over to that might help too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #22449428 -

You may be right..I have been getting him wet foods, sometimes switching brands on a whim. And also new brands of grain free kibble to make the wet food last longer.

And on top of this I go back to his old brand of kibble when I run out since I still have it around.

Perhaps he has a sensitive tummy. Thank you for pointing out the obvious!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22449431 -

I'm wondering if medicinal fungi might help. Maybe test it on mice first or something :lol: that sounds pretty dangerous though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #22449541 -

Bring it to the vet.

Isn't that extremely obvious?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Patlal]
    #22449543 -

How's the cat with getting out the hairballs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #22449547 -

XLCaps said:
How's the cat with getting out the hairballs?



I never really notice hairballs. it seems to be mostly food

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22449554 -

So the cat NEVER has hairballs? If so then get a treatment, unless it's like..

:patlal:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #22449758 -

Feel the cats nose, if its warm it might be sick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #22449782 -

Don't smoke around your cat .


--------------------
:strokebeard::strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: AquaticPuzzle]
    #22449856 -

I was just snuggling with him, his nose felt normal. :thumbup:

I do blow smoke at my cats sometimes...not very often anymore though.

Poor guys brother just passed away a couple days ago. You can tell he's sad about it too. He'll usually comfort me during sad times, but this time is different. He's comforting me but he needs to be comforted just as badly. I've never really seen a sad cat before, its interesting.

(my cat is not old. His brother just had serious health problems and died young. we were lucky he lived as long as he did really.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22450044 -

Not to scare you but my very old cat right before she died of cancer couldn't hold any good down and became extremely skinny. Not saying that's what's wrong but definitely take her or him to a vet. I know how hard it is to loose a companion :sad: she was almost 20 when she died


--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22450111 -

My cats both had chronic vomiting.

We found out it was stomach worms.

Have you checked their vomit? Does it have any small, tan colored worms in it?


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22450173 -

One of my cats has a sensitive stomach . She pukes from shredded or chunks food and can only eat pate.

You need to take it to a vet.

I hope everything is ok !


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22450240 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
My cats both had chronic vomiting.

We found out it was stomach worms.

Have you checked their vomit? Does it have any small, tan colored worms in it?



boy would I be stoked if it was just worms or some other easily solved stomach issue. So stoked that it might be worth poking through vomit for worms :lol: (oh the things we do for love)

So these worms I'm looking for, do I need to worry about the age of the vomit? I assume fresher is better for finding them. how small would you say the worms are? the size of a cat hair perhaps? thicker, shorter, longer, what?

In response to moonshoe: It doesn't seem to be a pure texture problem. He was on wet food only for a while and it still happened.

Seemed like something that could be solved with diet alteration so I wasn't even really considering a vet honestly. Now I am strongly considering it :hatsoff: Cat vomit is just so commonplace in the cat owners I grew up with that somebody actually had to point out to me "dude, thats not normal or healthy." :facepalm: I'm such a bad pet owner at times..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #22450250 -

rbalzer said:
I'm wondering if medicinal fungi might help. Maybe test it on mice first or something :lol: that sounds pretty dangerous though.



Google All Organic Pet SuperFood.  It's a mushroom supplement and I'm pretty sure they have one for digestion... You are welcome, I have seen that stuff kill cancer in animals


--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: SnowDaze]
    #22450319 -

SnowDaze said:
rbalzer said:
I'm wondering if medicinal fungi might help. Maybe test it on mice first or something :lol: that sounds pretty dangerous though.



Google All Organic Pet SuperFood.  It's a mushroom supplement and I'm pretty sure they have one for digestion... You are welcome, I have seen that stuff kill cancer in animals



:bow2:

I declare this thread a success! Thanks to all involved. (not that I consider it over)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #22450345 -

XLCaps said:
So the cat NEVER has hairballs? If so then get a treatment, unless it's like..

:patlal:



Wait, so hairballs are a good thing? I've got this cat, and he's my first cat so I don't know much, and he's never had a hairball.


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #22450352 -

Yeah all cats have hairballs bro... Imagine if you were covered in hair and licked yourself all day


--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chronic cat vomiting: The internet is no fucking help. any advice or thoughts on my ideas? [Re: SnowDaze]
    #22450368 -

So, should I be worried?


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does your cat like to get high?
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 5,521 29 02/05/03 11:44 AM
by BladeLSD
* Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE Jared 1,173 8 12/02/03 02:31 PM
by johnB`
* My cat; the bum......
( 1 2 all )
DazedSol 3,381 29 01/24/03 01:09 AM
by
* Need advice(about a girl)
( 1 2 all )
Requiem 3,539 20 03/16/04 09:29 PM
by Zwieback0
* My cat is so good to me
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 3,262 24 03/01/04 10:48 PM
by Kingkole
* girlfriends and cats otis5 2,424 13 11/18/03 08:42 AM
by Anonymous
* To give a Cat a Bath *funny* Cryptic 3,202 11 01/05/06 04:22 PM
by Le_Canard
* Projectile Cat Vomit Repton 524 0 10/08/04 10:19 AM
by Repton

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,969 topic views. 6 members, 15 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.