Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE
    #2151136 - 12/02/03 06:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, so i moved in with some long time buddies. I always knew they were kinda messy.. but I never understood the scope of it from random visits. This place is FILTHY. I mean, beyond what i can stand.. and I can stand a lot, there is cat litter in every corner of everything, there are dishes and dirty mushroom jars that were on the counter from LAST new years. (they havent grown any shrooms since last new years.) There are halloween, christmas, and birthday decorations everywhere.. ballons popped and hanging all over, garbage.. food wrappers, fast food bags, lighters that dont work, empty packs of matches, literal DIRT and GRIME on everything.. sticky spots everywhere.. mountains of pizza boxes (I'm talking like over 30 boxes!), SHIT stains all over the freaking toilet. The counters are so full of empty bottles and dirty dishes and random stuff that should have a place but doesnt and dirt and gunk and peices of melted candy and gum and dried out rotten peices of food =(
=(

The thing is, even though its 1/3rd my place now.. I dont feel right telling them to put the bong down, get the fuck off their asses and clean up a little.. since I just moved in.. I cleaned up a bunch, but theres just too much to overcome =(

Theres cat shit mashed into the bathroom carpet, man. I mean. =( Laundry piled up so high in front of the washing machine that you have to walk on it to get through the hallway. Ash trays surrounded with enough ashes to fill them twice over. Its not temporary, either.. I remember seeing it all everywhere, but i didnt realize how bad it was until i actually lived in it.

=(
=(

How do I get them to not be such stoner slob fucks, without actually saying it straight up?. Should i just say it straight up? I would feel really wrong about that, since I just moved in... god damnit.. and I can't listen to my music loud anymore.. city life is just shit. FUCK its PAssed 8.. I gotta move my car beforeI Get a ticket. FUCK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE [Re: Jared]
    #2151145 - 12/02/03 06:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i had this problem with my old flatmate. she was quite messy(she's a frenchie frog what do u expect :tongue:) and i'd constantly be hot tempered regarding the fact that she never cleaned up after herself. i mean you're in a totally worse case scenario..i would definately not want to live in a place like that.

i talked to my old flatmate about her being messy but u know what...didn't work at all. she was still a messy slob. don't start cleaning up their mess cause you don't deserve to have all that stuff piled onto your shoulders (i cleaned up after her cause i was tired of living in a shitty environment). if i were you i know this is going to sound a bit extreme....move out. i know they're your good friends and all but a friendship can actually change if you confront them about it and they talk amongst themselves saying oh jared seems bossy blah blah blah. if u catch my drift

have fun moving your car hope my advise sort of helps you

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE [Re: boO]
    #2151158 - 12/02/03 06:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Trust me, I wouldnt be living here if i could help it.. but finding a place in montreal is impossible. The vacancy rates are rediculously low.. apartments go the same day they come on the market. Its only for 6 months, I'm basically living here while I find a place o_O Your advice is spot-on.. I didn't want to live with friends at all, even if they were clean. Everyone I see moving in with people who are not their very best friends end up hating each other.. I don't want that to happen here, and it wont. I would leave before it ever reached that point.

I think im going to just tell them straight up, but be reasonable about it.. and ask them if they disagree with any of what i have to say, and if they do hear them out, etc.. Our other friends won't visit anymore because of how bad it is.. =( They(my roommates) were talking about having a new years party, and several different friends said to me that they are not coming, because of how disgusting it is here.. Yes. I'll just tell them straight up. If they get mad, ill smoke them on a joint... they cant be mad after that. =P

Car moved, paper of death escaped.

Jared:1
Montreal:1

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
    #2151172 - 12/02/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

At least do (and try to get your friends to do) something about all the organic waste there, it's really unhealthy. Could the three of you afford to byu a cleaner to visit you once a week?

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE [Re: ummikko]
    #2151195 - 12/02/03 07:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I can see several bongs and pipes from where I'm sitting.. not one of those ashes is from a cigarette, and the bottoms of my socks are covered in weed.. While we could afford to have a lady come and clean some each week.. it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do =|

I know its unhealthy.. im going to bring that up, as well. Im in the process of cleaning at least the kitchen.. I need a sanitary place to make my food, otherwise im really fucked. =\

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#2151224 - 12/02/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

that all sounds nasty.

I never really had this problem this extreme before but like the only thing I can suggest doing is cleaning it. Like seriously clean. Take some diet pills or any other stimulant of your choice and just clean. While they're gone. Then they will come home and everything will be cleaned. Hopefully they'll realize how nasty it was and be embarrassed. I mean there was one time my cat knocked over an ash tray and I didn't vacuum it up right away. and I got home from work the next afternoon and my roomie had vacuumed and left a note that was snotty but it looked polite. I dunno, girls are good that shit... writing letters that can be interpretted 100 different ways but you know it was meant to be snotty and she was pissed but since it can be interpreted as 'just doing my GOOD friend a favor I'm not mad' you can't say shit about it. BUT my point is I was embarrassed that I was a grown up and other people felt that I was soo slobby they had to clean up after me. Even though I'm clean and it was just an ash tray with a few ashes from a couple joints and my tweaked-out roomie was probably looking for something to clean anyway.

oh uhm anyway yeah. Clean it up and if you have a digital cam or polaroid take pics of the nasty stuff you had to clean. When they get home spark a joint with them and show them what you had to clean. then see if you can get out of some money for your rent. Be like "it would cost cleaners $xxx to come in and clean this place, so take it off my rent"

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2151674 - 12/02/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

heh, reminds me of a friend's place that was out of state for me. we nick'd it "Squalor" or "Squalor Holler". Fucky nastiness just like Jared is describing. thank god I only visited and didn't have to live there. cat piss, human piss, vomit, spilled beer/soda/bongwater, dirt, grime, fleas, aaaah! i don't see how people do it. I like StonedShroom's idea... you get a cleaner place and lower rent if they go for it.

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE [Re: debianlinux]
    #2151899 - 12/02/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

oh dude thats so gross, I didn't realize you were moving in with friends, I thought you were just moving in general. I'd just tell them to clean up. Or you could always just do what my dad does, get a couple of garbage bags and just start throwing everything away...like everything in your path until its clean.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

InvisiblejohnB`
Mountaineer
Loc: The Rocky Mountains
Re: Garbage.. trash.. dirt.. cat litter.... EVERYWHERE [Re: Gillette]
    #2152117 - 12/02/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not a huge fan of roommates....I have three right now. I honestly cannot wait until I am living by myself again. I definitely miss it.

--------------------
The greatest form has no shape.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies