Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22369970 -

musiclover420 said:
Those two vids both look cool, I watched all of one of the fate/stay nights on netflix recently and got pretty into it.

Definitely some cool n trippy concepts in it but it does get pretty intense, a lot of anime's do though. I love how many blend lewd comedy with dark concepts.



Indeed. The Fate series tend towards the darker end of the spectrum. Stay Night is comparatively tame to Fate/Zero or Kara no Kyoukai (which is the same universe as the Fates). I'd say the Stay Night anime is the objectively worst of the 3, though it's still a pretty awesome show.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Cj-B]
    #22371752 -

I have been meaning to check the other ones out, I think netlix doesn't even have the full series of the one I watched so I need to finish that.

There are a few random anime's I still need to finish...


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22371784 -

musiclover420 said:
Well I watched all the episodes of the 2000 Jojo's Adventure and was getting pretty into it tell it stopped towards the climax of the arc....

:facepalm3:

Now I don't want to check the others out, I tried one and it was only 3 episodes and covered the same plot as the one I watched.....

Anyways I just started Jyu Oh Sei: Planet of the Beast King and am in love with the animation so far. I may need to get it on dvd if I can.

Here is the only pic I could find depicting some of the beautiful nature art:


Seems full of that style with some sci fi stuff too for balance, partway through the first episode and figured I would recommend it.



whooaaaaaaa I will watch it definetly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: g00ru]
    #22371796 -

My favorite Animes were:

Nausicaa valley of the Winds
HOWL's MOVING CASLE (YOU MUST WATCH THIS ONE ON DRUGS- KETAMINE AND THIS MOVIE IS INSANE)
Spirited Away

Also loved Samurai Seven, Balsa the Spearwoman, Death Note (not as visual but highly cerebrally intense)


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Moonshoe]
    #22371808 -

I just finished it and was pretty impressed, certain parts bothered me a bit but I loved the animation and the plot was pretty cool too.

Reminded me a lot of Nausica And The Valley in its nature animations but it had some heavy sci fi stuff too.

Moonshoe said:
My favorite Animes were:

Nausicaa valley of the Winds
HOWL's MOVING CASLE (YOU MUST WATCH THIS ONE ON DRUGS- KETAMINE AND THIS MOVIE IS INSANE)
Spirited Away

Also loved Samurai Seven, Balsa the Spearwoman, Death Note (not as visual but highly cerebrally intense)




Pretty much all of myazaki's work is amazing, Princess Mononoke is one of my favorites, so is My Neighbor Totoro :lol:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22372081 -

I just finished Agent Aika which is one of the weirdest and perviest anime's I have seen in awhile. Has a funny secret agent/ sci fi spin too.

Some of the voice acting on the dub is the worst/ funniest I have ever heard. One of the main guys sounds like a retarded version of the Fonz :lol:

Literally one scene had 4 panty shots at once, and the last episode had like 6 consecutive ones :rofldrunk: and that is not an overstatement...

It was not overly trippy but it did have some bizarreness to it like many anime do. Super ridiculous plot. Overall I enjoyed it though.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22377338 -

You should check out Ranma 1/2,if you haven't already.It's an earlier series from the woman who did Inuyasha.


--------------------
Ayahuasca recipes

Mescaline Albums


PKD is to acid as H.P.Lovecraft is to shrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: AcidAstronaut]
    #22377543 -

I still need to finish inuyasha too, I watched all the netflix episodes awhile back but never finished it online.

Got pretty into it though as well as some nice nostalgia from watching it as a kid so I should get around to finishing it soon.

Will try to remember to check Ranma out too as I like that womans style for sure.

Speaking of nostalgia I re watched FLCL the other day finally and was very impressed. Love the soundtrack and animation, if only it was longer :sad:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22380061 -

Yea I agree.


--------------------
Ayahuasca recipes

Mescaline Albums


PKD is to acid as H.P.Lovecraft is to shrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: AcidAstronaut] * 1
    #22380075 -

Sky Blue (Wonderful Days)
Mind Game
Tekkonkinkreet
anything by studio 4°C
Ponyo
Paprika
Summer Wars
Metropolis


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Edited by Envix (10/14/15 06:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Envix]
    #22380164 -

Quote:
Tekkonkinkreet



I need to re watch that, pretty sure I saw it as a kid but have yet to watch it again.

Thanks for reminding me.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #22380172 -

Definitely one of my favorites :awesome:

As far as sound tracks go, it might be my favorite of any movie I can think of...



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: twighead]
    #22380400 -

There are a ton of great anime soundtracks man, I don't know how I could pick a favorite.

Started watching Darker Than Black earlier and have been getting pretty into it, has a nice jazzy soundtrack too that I have been really :vibin:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Some trippy movies which never seem to get mentioned
( 1 2 3 all )
Mystic_Cannibal 6,279 55 02/25/07 05:41 PM
by bobjones
* Trippy flash site Edame 763 2 09/24/03 12:59 PM
by Grovesk8ter
* Very trippy game Slooch 563 2 04/06/06 06:36 PM
by Slooch
* The demo scene - Trippy animations. mikeyboy 360 0 02/01/06 06:06 AM
by mikeyboy
* Nausicaa
( 1 2 all )
FeedingMyDreams 1,639 27 02/21/10 02:53 PM
by Envix
* Who here likes Anime?
( 1 2 3 all )
LuNaTiX 5,762 50 08/06/06 10:58 PM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* What should my next NetFlix moive be? LethalX5 729 12 09/05/05 01:08 AM
by king_cobra
* anime recommendations. Vvellum 443 2 12/12/05 09:19 PM
by theuser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,545 topic views. 10 members, 338 guests and 189 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.