Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Trippy anime's
    #22361865 -

Just started this interesting one called No Game No Life about a brother and sister who are shut in video game addicts who are switched into an alternate dimension/ universe or something that is ruled by the god of fun and everything is decided by games. I am halfway through the first episode and am pretty impressed so far, really colorful beautiful and trippy animation and they have thrown out some cool concepts so far.

If you dig anime and or videogames check it out, very well animated and the story seems pretty creative as well.

There are a ton of really creative and or trippy anime's out there though, I love finding new ones :heart:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420] * 3
    #22361868 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #22361882 -

There are some weird ass random old anime's on youtube :lol:

I love anime's that have super colorful vivid animation, some can be so artistic :drooling:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22361888 -

the cowabunga highway patrol squad


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Shroomopotamus] * 2
    #22361935 -

Paprika was trippy too



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: FrozenHappiness]
    #22361937 -

:confused:

I just googled that and nothing came up. Here are some of my favorites:

Fooly Cooly (was like the original super over the top trippy anime)
Space Dandy
Spriggan
Akira
Fullmetal Alchemist
Welcome To The NHK
Steins; Gate
The .hack series
Animatrix
Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo
Campione
Cowboy Bebop (a few episodes are very trippy)
Hellsing
Kino's Journey
Mushishi

Those all come to mind, there are tons of others though.

Also No Game No Life is getting a bit weird, some serious anime cliche's. As long as there is more trippyness and amazing animation its cool though.


FrozenHappiness said:
Paprika was trippy too




:thumbup:

I always forget about that one, definitely trippy. It was the og inception.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22361969 -

There are quite a few in that list that I havent seen yet. It looks like I have some stuff to add to my winter viewing list. Thanks for sharing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22361982 -

There's a few on Netflix similar to this.  There's Sword Art Online where people get trapped in a VR RPG game.


--------------------
:nyan: <-- Clicky Clicky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #22361989 -

Check out "(Escape from) Dead Leaves (Prison)"

Nevermind the music, but here is a vid to get an idea of the animation style. I for one dig it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqhIixYa2k


--------------------
This and that for tit for tat
Gobbledygook in my top hat
Bricks for breakfast what a feast
Will you join unleash the beast?


HiRes Sig

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: ShroomerInTheRye]
    #22361994 -

You are welcome :cheers:

Some of the shows in that list are super over the top ridiculous shows but some are more serious as well. I will try to think of more to add as well.

I am pretty sold on No Game No Life now, it is getting more of a fantasy vibe to it now but also has a nice scientific/ logic angle to it as well.

ShroomerInTheRye said:
There's a few on Netflix similar to this.  There's Sword Art Online where people get trapped in a VR RPG game.



I watched sword art and have seen most of the .hacks which is almost the same plot :lol:

This show is pretty damn different so far, though I am only 3 episodes in.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #22361996 -

Have you seen Attack on Titan?


--------------------
:nyan: <-- Clicky Clicky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: ShroomerInTheRye]
    #22362006 -

I watched a few eps on adult swim but I have yet to get into it fully.

Seems a bit overly violent/ agro for my tastes, though I can look past violence in shows if I dig the concepts enough.

I guess I should give it another chance at some point :shrug:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22362278 -

Jin Roh
Pretty colourful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Beanhead]
    #22362542 -

Sounds pretty intense.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22362558 -

musiclover420 said:
There are some weird ass random old anime's on youtube :lol:




Devilman is the shit. if you haven't watched Devilman part 1 and 2 (not Devilman 2 which is different), then you're missing out.

they go into a bar and bust a beer bottle over a naked chicks face, glass gets all in her face and shit....

badass.

don't worry, the chick deserves it. oh yeah...then he grabs her face and breaks her head to smithereens with brute force squeezing....YA!!!

violent as fuck. oh and the brother dudes vertical double barrel shotty is awesome...and the story is pretty fucked too, about the devil mask artifact.

musiclover420 said:
:confused:

I just googled that and nothing came up.



Paprika and...

Mind Game.

these two are this is a gem too.

Mind Game, son.

Edited by akira_akuma (10/11/15 10:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: musiclover420]
    #22362732 -

musiclover420 said:
Sounds pretty intense.



Sorry I messed up, that one is way too gloomy to be trippy.

I actually ment -Summer Wars


^trust me you'll be kissing your screen when the acid kicks in

Edited by Beanhead (10/11/15 11:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Beanhead]
    #22362793 -

I very much enjoyed No Game No Life. Had all the right wrongness. I don't mind anime cliches, as long as they are done right.

It really deserves a sequel too. Can't wait.

:heart: Hanz.


--------------------
Small scale alternative parties rich in empathy and extravagance. Happen to know of one in the vicinity of Amsterdam? PM me my dear fellow. I love to meet some other freaks.

Oh and, if you can,.. embrace the nyctomorph. It needs you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: Hanz] * 1
    #22362859 -

I will try to remember to check devilman out, seems interesting.

Really dug summer war when I saw it awhile back, very well animated and great story too.

Hanz said:
I very much enjoyed No Game No Life. Had all the right wrongness. I don't mind anime cliches, as long as they are done right.

It really deserves a sequel too. Can't wait.

:heart: Hanz.



So are they making a part two then? I just finished episode 12 and am going to start the specials. Damn, of course they are super short.

They definitely did the cliches pretty well, was a pretty funny show. Slightly creepy at times but they did it pretty will :lol:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: FrozenHappiness]
    #22362876 -

FrozenHappiness said:
Paprika was trippy too





THIS.
Most of ppl I have shoved this loved it.


--------------------
From tundra with love!


FREE HAMHEAD 2020!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trippy anime's [Re: LeningradCowboy]
    #22362937 -

Quote:
I will try to remember to check devilman out, seems interesting.



and Mind Game. trust me, you'll like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Some trippy movies which never seem to get mentioned
( 1 2 3 all )
Mystic_Cannibal 6,278 55 02/25/07 05:41 PM
by bobjones
* Trippy flash site Edame 763 2 09/24/03 12:59 PM
by Grovesk8ter
* Very trippy game Slooch 563 2 04/06/06 06:36 PM
by Slooch
* The demo scene - Trippy animations. mikeyboy 360 0 02/01/06 06:06 AM
by mikeyboy
* Nausicaa
( 1 2 all )
FeedingMyDreams 1,639 27 02/21/10 02:53 PM
by Envix
* Who here likes Anime?
( 1 2 3 all )
LuNaTiX 5,762 50 08/06/06 10:58 PM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* What should my next NetFlix moive be? LethalX5 729 12 09/05/05 01:08 AM
by king_cobra
* anime recommendations. Vvellum 443 2 12/12/05 09:19 PM
by theuser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,545 topic views. 4 members, 312 guests and 122 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.