Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Organic Chemistry bitchez
    #22236897 -

Little backstory I took chemistry a couple years ago and barely passed, didn't try to learn cause I never thought I'd use it but since I've joined shroomery I've regretted doing that cause I'm really interested in it and am thinking about trying it in college. Problem is I would go into it knowing nothing. But I found an organic chemistry book in my house today! It's called Organic Chemistry A Short Course by Hart Craine Hart Ninth Edition. I was even more excited when I saw Organic because I have been getting alot more interested in LSD and it would really help me understand some of the chemistry behind it. 

Not sure how to go about this but I was just planning on starting in chapter 1 and just teaching myself through it.


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater] * 2
    #22236915 -

Found an organic chem book! Wants to make LSD. :facepalm:


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22236919 -

hey, gotta start somewhere!:lol:

I benefit from perusing h.s. textbooks.
They seem to be more readable, and easier to digest.
I mean if you're just getting started and 'warming-up' for a real class.

Also, have you checked out psychopharmachology?
I got a textbook on that. Very interesting...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22236921 -

It wouldn't hurt to retake some of those courses.

Chemistry means the world to me now.  I have lots of fun with it and I soak up information like it's nothing, and I only crave more.

Six years ago, however, I would not be saying this.  I hated school back then.  But my attitude has changed since then.

Actually wanting to learn something makes a world of difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: koods]
    #22236925 -

koods said:
Found an organic chem book! Wants to make LSD. :facepalm:



He'll be surprised at how easy it is to make and how easy it is to get caught :haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #22236946 -

Haha no I'm legitimately interested in chemistry. I'd really like to study in it college maybe something pharmaceutical


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22236954 -

There's lots of different types of jobs you can pursue with a degree in chemistry.  Get a masters at the very minimum if you want the really good ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #22237049 -

My grandfather was a chemical engineer and I think he worked for a few companies that made detergent


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22237053 -

What would you start with organic chemistry? Get the basics first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: ONE OZ SLUG] * 2
    #22237060 -

ONE OZ SLUG said:
There's lots of different types of jobs you can pursue with a degree in chemistry.  Get a masters at the very minimum if you want the really good ones.



Lol. Chemistry is a dead end career path.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: koods]
    #22237063 -

You can go to med school.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22237068 -

koods said:
ONE OZ SLUG said:
There's lots of different types of jobs you can pursue with a degree in chemistry.  Get a masters at the very minimum if you want the really good ones.



Lol. Chemistry is a dead end career path.



:justno:

LoveNaborFuckHater said:
Little backstory I took chemistry a couple years ago and barely passed, didn't try to learn cause I never thought I'd use it but since I've joined shroomery I've regretted doing that cause I'm really interested in it and am thinking about trying it in college. Problem is I would go into it knowing nothing. But I found an organic chemistry book in my house today! It's called Organic Chemistry A Short Course by Hart Craine Hart Ninth Edition. I was even more excited when I saw Organic because I have been getting alot more interested in LSD and it would really help me understand some of the chemistry behind it. 

Not sure how to go about this but I was just planning on starting in chapter 1 and just teaching myself through it.



As someone who's completed general and organic chem sets, you're not really going to understand shit in organic without taking general first. Valence and bonding are crucial to understand carbon skeleton structures and other basic Ocher principles


--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22237070 -

LoveNaborFuckHater said:
My grandfather was a chemical engineer and I think he worked for a few companies that made detergent



My dad sold a detergent-related patent to Bayer back in the day.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: The Moose]
    #22237075 -

The Moose said:
You can go to med school.



Yes. That isn't a career in chemistry though, is it?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: The Moose]
    #22237080 -

This is all I have and I'm gonna try to teach myself it first and if I like it and want to keep on then I'll get another book


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: koods]
    #22237082 -

There are plenty of positions in research and development for companies like Kaiser pemanente, J&J and a fuck ton of other pharmaceutical companies


--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #22237099 -

Kaiser permanente? The hmo?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: koods] * 1
    #22237104 -

Almost every cleaning, feul, lawns, pest control, and tons of other companies need chemical scientists I'm sure


--------------------
"They told me drugs were bad, oh man, oh man, they had me fooled"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22237126 -

Alexander Shulgin worked for Dow Chemical and even patented his own pesticide that's still in use today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Organic Chemistry bitchez [Re: LoveNaborFuckHater]
    #22237189 -

LoveNaborFuckHater said:
Little backstory I took chemistry a couple years ago and barely passed, didn't try to learn cause I never thought I'd use it but since I've joined shroomery I've regretted doing that cause I'm really interested in it and am thinking about trying it in college. Problem is I would go into it knowing nothing. But I found an organic chemistry book in my house today! It's called Organic Chemistry A Short Course by Hart Craine Hart Ninth Edition. I was even more excited when I saw Organic because I have been getting alot more interested in LSD and it would really help me understand some of the chemistry behind it. 

Not sure how to go about this but I was just planning on starting in chapter 1 and just teaching myself through it.



Go to https:/www.wdrestored.com


--------------------
These are not the droids you're looking for :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* About to take Organic Chemistry..... Afroshroomerican 1,531 12 05/18/07 06:14 AM
by downforpot
* So organic chem I wasn't so bad....
( 1 2 all )
Afroshroomerican 1,911 26 06/23/07 09:47 PM
by Afroshroomerican
* Does anyone want to learn some chemistry? RedNucleus 1,247 8 06/13/05 07:22 PM
by Viaggio
* I MADE A B IN ORGANIC!!!! Cracka_X 688 14 05/07/07 04:10 PM
by freddurgan
* Is it me? Or do Organic Chemist like to get high? Phychotron 863 7 10/22/06 07:35 PM
by thatiAM
* Good schools offering organic chemistry? earlyxsunsets 253 0 09/17/04 11:53 AM
by earlyxsunsets
* Poll: GMOs or Organic food?
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 4,337 32 09/24/05 01:42 PM
by dr0mni
* Giving organics a shot (updated).
( 1 2 all )
Scratcher 2,728 23 04/20/05 01:07 AM
by Yoschie99

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,613 topic views. 3 members, 19 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.