Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Revelations... Could it mean...?
    #2201577 - 12/26/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe it's not an apocalyptic tale.
Maybe it's not about the literal or figurative destruction of the earth.
Maybe it's not even about objective reality.

What if it was about the end of something closer to us that the earth?
What if it was a first-person view of this end?
What if it was a colorful tale of a first-person's view of the end of one subjective account of reality?

What if it was merely about the death of ONE person... the I?

Nah... the metaphor didn't exist back then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Revelations... Could it mean...? [Re: Sclorch]
    #2201783 - 12/26/03 07:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It could definitely be carrying the true meaning of a lot of different things...

I just don't understand why people take the Bible so damned literally. Its like they only acknowledge the metaphors IF it says "Parable" right before it...  :shake:

Perhaps it is an elaborate story of one's Level 5 psychadelic experience... :mushroom2:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2201949 - 12/26/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have studied Revelations from time to time. The scenes of the "end of times" were shown to John. Supposedly, 1/3 of the earth will be destroyed by fire. I've personally had a difficult time not taking the story literally, so I've gone to bible studies that focused on Revelations.

John wouldn't have understood how 1/3 of the world could be on fire. It would have to have been a bomb.

After I learned about 2012, I was thinking that Revelations isn't that far from the 2012 theory. If 1/3 of the earth was destroyed, that would certainly change life drastically from the way we know it today.

If 1/3 of the earth was destroyed, the fall-out would affect the rest of the planet, wouldn't it? Crops might not grow, animals and people would die. Wouldn't there be a food shortage?

So 2012 isn't exactly saying that the world "ends". Neither does Revelations. There's just major change. Of course, according to Revelations, the major change occurs and then ultimately Jesus returns, but the world never "ends" per se.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Revelations... Could it mean...? [Re: Frog]
    #2201963 - 12/26/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Supposedly, 1/3 of the earth will be destroyed by fire.

I think it was 1/3 of Southern California. Wait! Didn't that just happen?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2201968 - 12/26/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe it's not an apocalyptic tale.
Maybe it's not about the literal or figurative destruction of the earth.
Maybe it's not even about objective reality.

Was it a bird, a plane? No it was a mushroom trip. Thought most everyone here would recognize that!  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Edited by Swami (12/26/03 11:30 AM)

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2202045 - 12/26/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think there is more to it than that, at least from what I have read.

Jesus Christ is going to come back and save all the Christians (the rapture), which will be 2 million people if I remember correctly, and they will literally disappear into thin air (hence those bumper stickers: When the rapture comes I won't be driving this car).

Following this, the Anti-Christ (or the New World Order) will try to establish itself, and fool everybody into believing they are God-like, and that man is God-like, by performing miracles and such (false prophets- the New Age movement may be considered false prophets as well, but I am not sure if they are specifically the false prophets of the revelations). The anti-Christ will rule the world (one world government). Some people at this point will begin to realize that Christianity is the true way, and they will be saved, but only if they refuse the mark of the devil (micro-chips). Those that take the mark will have no hope for salvation. At this point Jesus (or God, I am not sure) will also save the true Jews, who will be hiding on some mountain somewhere after avoiding destruction of their city.

After this, the one world government led by the Anti-Christ will continue, and then finally deteriorate into a Hell on Earth, and it will be hell for all, because by this point Satan will have fooled the world into accepting what he always wanted, his own kingdom on Earth.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Revelations... Could it mean...? [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2202067 - 12/26/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hence those bumper stickers: When the rapture comes I won't be driving this car.

This seems just plain irresponsible to me!

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Revelations... Could it mean...? [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2202070 - 12/26/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TrueBrode said:
Following this, the Anti-Christ (or the New World Order) will try to establish itself, and fool everybody into believing they are God-like, and that man is God-like, by performing miracles and such (false prophets- the New Age movement may be considered false prophets as well, but I am not sure if they are specifically the false prophets of the revelations). The anti-Christ will rule the world (one world government). Some people at this point will begin to realize that Christianity is the true way, and they will be saved, but only if they refuse the mark of the devil (micro-chips). Those that take the mark will have no hope for salvation. At this point Jesus (or God, I am not sure) will also save the true Jews, who will be hiding on some mountain somewhere after avoiding destruction of their city.

After this, the one world government led by the Anti-Christ will continue, and then finally deteriorate into a Hell on Earth, and it will be hell for all, because by this point Satan will have fooled the world into accepting what he always wanted, his own kingdom on Earth.

The second paragraph could be expounded on a bit further. The anti-Christ will only rule for 7 years, or maybe it's 3.5 years. Then Christ comes back and battles Satan one last time and throws him into a pit for 1000 years. Then God will rule on earth for that time. I don't know what happens after that.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2202084 - 12/26/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The anti-Christ will only rule for 7 years...

Nah! Bush Lite will be in for the full 8 years *sigh*.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Revelations... Could it mean...? [Re: Swami]
    #2202095 - 12/26/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I don't like Bush, but if he's the best they can offer as the anti-Christ the apocalypse is going to be a breeze.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract