Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Rapture
    #2429639 - 03/13/04 10:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What do you think about the Rapture?

The Rapture is supposed to come when? At the beginning of tribulations? In the middle? At the end?

Who is raptured?

If someone is raptured, does his body get left behind or does it go with him?

I think rapture occurs sort of half-way through the purported tribulations, or 3 and 1/2 years into it. It's supposed to last 7 years.

What's everybody think?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrothytooFlacid
Too Many Oils
Re: Rapture [Re: Frog]
    #2430209 - 03/14/04 01:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What I'd like to know is who the hell gets raptured. I know in another thread, someone quoted the bible and it said something like "the dead while rise first". Something along those lines. To me that sounds like no earthling is in heaven yet. After people screw things up enough, all of their history and past experiences will rise together. Then maybe someone will let us in on what the hell is going on.

Also it says that Christians will go next. What the frock is a Christian? Believe in Jesus? What does that mean? I wouldn't call myself a Christian... although I see trying to lable my beliefes a limiting and futile task.

Escaping reality would be fun. Eternal reality would be fun too.

--------------------
There is more.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2430337 - 03/14/04 02:43 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My husband has a theory that the Rapture will come in the form of a disease, and nobody will even know it is happening.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Rapture [Re: FrothytooFlacid]
    #2431448 - 03/14/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Frothy, no offense, but supposedly only those who believe Jesus came and died for their sins will be raptured.

So really, this conversation would be for those who believe in Jesus. Because if you don't, then none of this matters, because you also then won't be believing in the bible, either, which makes all of this a moot issue.

I'm just asking, assuming the bible is true, and there is a rapture, when will it come and how will we go, etc.

Ellemy: Someone I know said he believes something similar to what your husband believes. He said that is we just suddenly disappeared all over the place, it would then be too easy for those who hadn't believed so far to say "I believe! I believe!"

He thinks that we will be leaving our bodies, but that there will be the appearance of a reason for the cause of death. The only clues that will prove it was the rapture is that everyone who dies for this cause of death will have been Christians.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2431468 - 03/14/04 01:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm just asking, assuming the bible is true, and there is a rapture, when will it come and how will we go, etc.

it already came and went, and all the true christians were taken. all three of them.

so.. why are we still here?

OfflineFrothytooFlacid
Too Many Oils
    #2431553 - 03/14/04 02:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jesus, huh? Well, I believe in the man, don't quite understand the whole 'dying for our sins' bit though. We were all screwed for eternity unless some philosopher gets crucified? hah I guess there is cause for respect there....so maybe they'd let me tag along with them. I mean no harm, really.

That rapture thing sounds a lot like that 5th density acension talk I've read about. More like a version of the rapture theory spiced up with psuedo-science. There was a thread here I read the other day where a kind gentlemen used bible quotes to devise his own theory on the rapture. That was a good one, and it was what reminded me of that density shift crap. Both ideas make me feel the same way, and whether or not if they are true, they can still be very positive things with the hope they bring. Hope can be quite helpful. I would much like to see some weird ass plot twists in human history. I'll probably get to see some messed up things in my lifetime (and already have...), so a rapture/density shift would just be icing on the cake.

--------------------
There is more.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#2431800 - 03/14/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

When they come for me I'm fighting tooth and nail and beak and claw. :cool:

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
Re: Rapture [Re: falcon]
    #2433818 - 03/15/04 03:10 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The Rapture comes at the beginnig of the 7 year tribulation.  It starts with all the believers disappearing, :eek: leaving no trace of them except their clothes.  Then a treaty is signed with Israel, and that starts the 7 year tribulation.  So if one day thousands of people just disappear, and nobody knows what happened, then it supposedly Christ.  Then Judgements are sent, their are a lot of them to.  Many will die, and some will wish to die.  At one point during the tribulation a 1/3 of the sun, and the stars, and moon light will be darkened.  So we would only have 2/3 the light we get during the day, and at night.  Swarms of  :devil: locusts will swarm the non believer for punishment.  Yet you can make everything better by accepting Jesus into your heart, and acknowledge him as you lord and savior, and you will be saved from hell.  But not death.  That my Shroomerites is what we like to call a born again christian.  IF you find the end of the world interesting, by the bibles standards, there is a pretty good book series called Left Behind, and it goes through all seven years of the tribulation.  Also another good book about Heaven and Hell is Dantes Inferno.  A guided tour through both!!

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Rapture [Re: SporeX]
    #2433943 - 03/15/04 06:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How can our physical bodies disappear? We won't need them in heaven, right? And if we suddenly disappeared, wouldn't everyone become a Christian? Would people really still refuse to believe in Jesus in the face of disappearing people and horrible deaths? It would seem everyone would want to believe, then.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Frog]
    #2434095 - 03/15/04 08:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2434542 - 03/15/04 10:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

for funsies about judgement day (& beyond):
check out heinlein's way-too-funny _JOB: a comedy of justice_

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Rapture [Re: ]
    #2435999 - 03/15/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bloodflower6 said:
I don't want to sound rude to anyone, but I've always appreciated some sort of scriptural backing in these sorts of conversations. The chances of you believing in the Bible are pretty high if your into the whole rapture thing so it seems reasonable to me to ask for a little scriptural backing.

Mainly Frog since he started the thread, could you post a few scriptures to back up your theory on the rapture?  :smile:  Most of my thoughts on the rapture are in my last thread "ARE YOU WAITING FOR IT"...

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

bf6, as I stated on another thread, I am really, really busy for these next few days, but I will work on getting a response here as soon as possible.  I will find all my resources on this issue and present here as soon as my schedule permits.  Should not be longer than 2 days.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

#2436032 - 03/15/04 05:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Revelations 1
1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Rapture [Re: SporeX]
    #2436045 - 03/15/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the head start, SporeX.  :grin:

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2436446 - 03/15/04 07:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think the tribulation has already begun... the rapture : around the corner..........I think alot of the people catching on to the spiritual movement are realizing the end really IS coming soon(within the next 500 years, for say), and that when "god" destroys the earth, its really humans doing it, which are really a part of god, so technically, we are killing a part of the whole, or god.... err getting kinda jumbled here... anyways, i think alot of the stuff in the bible is in a meaning that we dont fully understand, and the rapture and tribulations can be interpreted in MANY ways.... the most important thing here is to find what You think about the subject from personall spiritual experience/contact with god and apply that to whats going on in todays world.... its not hard to see the "truth" sometimes, yet in areas like this, I find it hard.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2436593 - 03/15/04 07:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jesus was(is) a Pleiadian, he represented a certain level of consciousness. That is (christ-consciousness) of the 10th dimension.
Rapture, or Oahspe, is the Great Soul Harvest.
It is when a planet and citizens reach a certain level in their evolution that the planet must shift in densities, when this occurs those who are residing solidly in the physical third densities are "harvested" to be transplanted for reincarnation in another world that is currently 3rd density.
The planet in this example becomes 4th density, and so do all those that move with it. Compared to the 3rd dimension, the 4th is heaven. You have a direct and conscious link with God and All That Is, because all your chakras are open, balanced, and functioning perfectly. The universe is perfectly within as it is without.
Soul Harvests usually come in the form of massive global cataclysms, as the planet shifts into the next density, the lower physical density is 'recycled', and begins anew.
None of this was in the Bible because people couldn't comprehend that kind of thing 2,000 years ago. We can now.

There is such a thing called a "Lift" when a person is physically "lifted" into the higher density as the shift occurs, thus preventing any physical death at that time, but the only 'believers' this is true for is those who believe in aliens, not all christians :frown:

But oh yeah, the point is, Jesus is an alien.
An so am I

But forget about all that for a second and focus on the one thing that is most important, that ALL humans and animals have a soul, and the physical body is merely a vessel for experiencing physical reality.. the reason we come to Earth to experience physical realities, all at the same time, is so we can all experience DIFFERENT realities, for which to contribute to all of creation's perpetual evolutionary wisdom. Thus, all aspects of reality are valid, as they contribute to the whole. Our soul is the essence of God, the essence of Creation, and it is our Life Force that keeps us experiencing and evolving, THUS, we are all god, and we will all (eventually) be there again, at the source, there is no select groups.

For Creation and Evolution work in cycles, just like everything in the universe...you know.. the cycle of All-That-Is?

Your beliefs do not determine where your soul goes in the afterlife, I'm afraid to say. At the end of the day, it is your experiences, your life decisions, and your orientation that determines whether you want to continue on the torturous and joyfull thrillride of the reincarnation cycle, merge with creation and bask in the bliss of its eternal light, or cower alone in the cold darkness... that's the beauty of free will..you get to choose. Going to church or reading a certain book does not save your soul for eternity. Life is just a test, a schoolyard. We are all eternal by the very essence of our nature. Souls do not die.

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Rapture [Re: Shroomism]
    #2437071 - 03/15/04 09:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, it's like blondie hath told it... the rapture will come whence the man from mars goes bar to bar, eatin' cars....

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Rapture [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2437078 - 03/15/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Rapture? Isn't that part of the second coming?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Re: Rapture [Re: Evolving]
    #2437667 - 03/16/04 12:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I still think I would feel fucked up to feel the "wrath of god".  To know how many times I've spit at his name, and mocked him.  He supposedly forgives you if you are a beleiver, does that mean you forgive me for smoking that  :spliff: out of bible paper. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Rapture [Re: MOTH]
    #2437685 - 03/16/04 12:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"My husband has a theory that the Rapture will come in the form of a disease, and nobody will even know it is happening."

What you mean like a brain disease where all we can think about is our toys? Its already happening :wink:

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder