Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestara
addict

bulk spawn
    #2200997 - 12/25/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Can I spawn on with a bulk substrate?Thanks:
(I spawn rye grain to spawn poo+straw+verm by using 1:5 ratio and I thought may be not case the whole bulk but 4/5 and add some more pasteurized bulk to the left saved 1/5 to have a continues bulk substrate for a later time so is this possible to add new bulk to a bulk to have more and more every time...what's the function of grain in the bulk substrate ?English!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: bulk spawn [Re: stara]
    #2201100 - 12/25/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Dont use verm in your mix. Its only purpose is to airiate the mixture. Thats what straw does, not only does it airiate the bulk substrate but it also contains nutrients. Get rid of the verm.

Case your bulk substrate. I like using Jiffy Mix.

saving alittle bit and continuing to add more bulk to it for the purpose of prolonging the growth of the mycelium is reasonable. It would work....but, you have better options. If you're just lazy and dont wanna reinnoculate another set of jars, maybe you shouldnt be doing this in the first place. Saving that extra mycelium for another batch is a good idea however incase the big batch gets contaminated, you would still have something to work with. Id say, get confident in your growing ability, get confident in making spore prints and dont bother with growing an endless block of mycelium. (it would work though)

You innoculate grain because you can sterilize the grain and give the spores the best chance of getting a foothold and colinizing the grain. Your bulk substrate is mearly pastuerized, which means it still has goodies and maybe a couple badies. By the time you are ready to mix to two, the ratio of strong mycelial growth in the grain compared to how much bulk you are mixing it with is hopefully big enough to colonize the bulk as fast as possible and elimante or kill of any bacteria that tries to take a foothold.

Offlinestara
addict

#2201785 - 12/26/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

so I can use the same myce for years by transfering it again and again to new bulk substrates ,right?And then may introduce you some archeological myce...
2)Can we use a casings substrate after several flushes to spawn bulk substrate again,like spawning straw with spended cakes,has anyone tried this before?(probably the alkalaid amount is also more but does it have any benefits....)
Peace.

Offlineforevrgrounded98
Stranger

#2201890 - 12/26/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, i've asked these questions before so i'll give ya the answers I got.....1. yes you can keep spawning mycellium from one casing to another to another to another but someone answered me that it will cause genetic de-generation and the quality and quantitiy of ur harvest will drop dramatically. 2. You can use spent casings to spawn but it'll act the same way. Everyone says you should just use em to spawn outdoor beds and i think thats because its just a maybe chance that they'll reproduce again if you feed them water in nutrients, and maybe they wont, so it wouldn't really be an effective spawn source. Best of luck.
-matty

--------------------
"If I don't see ya before the end of this one, I'll meet ya in the next one and don't be late" - Jimi Hendrix

Offlinestara
addict

Re: bulk spawn [Re: forevrgrounded98]
    #2201942 - 12/26/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks ,you hit my thoughts!

Offlinetrkgsy
e-mail bomber
Loc: Mid-atlantic US
    #2204425 - 12/27/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I just tried this for 3 generations, and am on the 3rd flush of the result.
I tried this with straw+poo, grain spawn was used. The first bag spawned with rye colonized in 6 days completely. I prepared 3 more bags and spawned them with the first, they were slower, but did fruit.

After 10 or so generations, senescence sets in(mycelial aging).
It does not come all at once, strain degeneration takes some time.
trkgsy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract