Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21972276 -

Stone to me is a wrecked IPA.. I think they missed the IPA mark


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: DustBunny]
    #21972280 -

I had some Goose IPA the other day. It wasn't bad. I really like Back in Black which is a black IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery. One of my favorite beers though is Magic Hat #9. They call it almost an IPA. I'm not sure what that means, but it is delicious. God, I love beer.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: stratocast]
    #21972291 -

Almost IPA is similar in hops to pliney


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: DustBunny]
    #21972304 -

DustBunny said:
Think I liked the original better, but fortunately they released the recipe a long time ago.




It is a pale wheat, and it's an IPA too. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/lagunitas-a-little-sumpin-sumpin-ale/103006/ . 
Quote:
Way smooth and silky with a nice wheaty-esque-ish-ness. Just the little sumpin’ sumpin’ we all need to kick Summer into full swing! Ingredients: Hops, Malt, Hops, Hops, Yeast, Hops, Water, and Hops.



Based on that ordering, they are saying that it has a lot of late hop additions (adding aroma) and is dry hopped twice. Similarly, Sumpin' Wild! is a Belgian/Wild IPA and Sumpin Extra an imperial IPA. Personally, I might call them all pales (Wild a Belgian pale), because I like the minimalist approach.


Stone IPA was one of my first favorite IPAs and I could never get tired of it; I am definitely partial to old school resinous piney IPAs over contemporary fruit cocktail IPAs. Obviously I'm not knocking those either, what with the Lil Sumpin's and Ruination 2.0 and all :lol:


--------------------

Edited by DustBunny (07/20/15 06:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: rackem]
    #21972310 -

Fun fact for all you Hop-heads out there;
the human tongue can not discern the different between anything above 75 IBU.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: rackem]
    #21972327 -

Here's an idea for a party for you beer lovers. Tell all your guests to bring a six pack or so of beer that they don't think most others have tried. Then, when everybody gets there, everyone shares and tries the other guests' beers. I've tried tons of different beers this way.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21972343 -

I'm sure that fun fact is an average


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: SARAtonin]
    #21972353 -

Most tongues might only be able to discern*. We most definitely gain tolerance to bitterness. Firestone Walker's (Who brew possibly my favorite year-round IPAs) head brewer on how beer has changed in the last 10 years (at the time)- "Our Lupulin threshold has shifted" :lol:


Also, IBU while an indicator of how much lupulin a beer contains is not the only aspect determining  bitterness. The astringency of alcohol, richness of malt flavors, and bright dry hop flavors (which don't add bitterness) can/will totally hide bitterness. For this reason many find the 4-5%, 40-50 IBU session IPAs to drink much more bitter and resinous than an 8-9% IPA, and a 6-7% to a lesser extent. A hops flavor can make a big difference, too- Chinook (Stone IPA and Arrogant Bastard) is downright offensive to a lot of people, its pineyness seems very sharp and woodsy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #21972365 -

I am currently drinking my favorite bottled IPA, Deschutes Inversion.

The best one I have ever had though was Amnesia Desolation, an unfiltered IPA which is only available in kegs (last I checked anyway). Every place here (PDX) has an IPA on tap so I often don't even check which one, but just order "pint of IPA" when out. I loves 'em all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #21972391 -

Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Brooklyn Brewery East India Pale Ale,  Flying Dog Brewery Raging Bitch, i like these a little too much


--------------------


my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Void_Hawk]
    #21972402 -

icy bay ipa im really diggin' lately

anyone tried it?:paperbag:

very crisp and refreshing

haven't tried ballast point sculpin

hear a lot of good things about pliney elder

I actually prefer sn pale ale over lauginitas ipa

and ive had sumpin sumpin..twas ok but too thick for my liking


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Void_Hawk]
    #21972442 -

I'm  really liking their new "Pine Drops"
Exactly as advertised, super piney and resinous with little-no bright flavors. Reminds me a lot of the wet cascades used in their old hop harvest beer "Hop Trip".


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: DustBunny]
    #21972684 -

Threat sounds nice I had a good beer the other week from new Holland Brewery called mad hatter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21972715 -

Most ipas depend on freshness I think really

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21972862 -

just picked up stone delicious ipa and 2 icy bays


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #21972885 -

I was drinking uintna hop nosh b4

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21972931 -

that's a good ipa ive had a lot of those lately

I still like icy bay better but hop nosh is in my top8 'pa's


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #21972967 -

U no an ipa thats always around always pretty solid I feel like people sleep on sometimes Tröegs propetual :sadyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21972983 -

I like ipa's but I just refuse to pay over 9 bux a sixer for anything lol

if you wanna pay 15 bux a sixer well that must be nice


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lets talk IPA's [Re: Doctor Sponge]
    #21974334 -

Decent "argument", but one IPA is roughly equal, in my opinion, to 2 domestic beers. At least in terms of my intoxication.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* dogfish head 60 minute IPA Krishna 736 11 06/14/09 10:00 AM
by TrancedShroom
* Red Hook Longhammer IPA sui 376 1 04/05/07 09:19 PM
by sui
* Which shroomerites to you talk to?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 7,671 80 02/07/05 03:26 PM
by BigNerd
* OMG IM TALKING WITH GOD
( 1 2 3 all )
Stonerguy 6,204 47 08/22/11 07:13 PM
by Yheringaan
* Anyone like to talk with strangers?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,133 32 07/06/05 10:03 PM
by flowstone
* My talk with the racists at stormfront.
( 1 2 all )
JiminiCricket 11,357 28 04/19/15 10:31 AM
by zappaisgod
* Starting small talk Corporal Kielbasa 1,201 12 10/19/04 11:52 AM
by ChingChong
* Talking in sentences TheCow 597 4 08/27/05 01:39 AM
by TheCow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,093 topic views. 6 members, 14 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.