Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Loc: In a van down by the rive...
worried about HPPD
    #2188779 - 12/18/03 10:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm probably just being a hypochondriac here, but I'd like to see if I could get some feedback. Going on two weeks ago I had a pretty strong bad trip with some ego loss... afterwards I read up on HPPD and noticed that I sometimes seem to have vague symptoms of it... some of which I seem to remember having forever... and they never bothered me before. Today at school I noticed I was having a little trouble reading and concentrating (also symptoms listed on the website HPPD ) I'm just a little worried that the strong trip could've given me a little HPPD...
Anyone have any insight on this? Does HPPD tend to dissapate after time?
I suppose I sound a little over paranoid, but I'm just concerned. Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.

Edited by zer0vega (12/19/03 01:29 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: worried [Re: zer0vega]
    #2189014 - 12/19/03 12:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

umm i haven't read up on hppd or ever had a bad trip, but i know after most of my mushroom trips, especially the strong ones, i had residuall effects for a week or so. you'll be alright, be careful smoking weed. Start small cuz it tends to entensify it.

--------------------

Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Re: worried [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2189018 - 12/19/03 12:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i'm kinda taking a break from weed... i kinda have static-y vision and i see the crap on the surface of my eye sometimes... and trouble concentrating - kinda depressing

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
    #2189035 - 12/19/03 12:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldnt worry about it too much, the symptoms could actualy be due to a chemichal imbalance, generaly you wont suffer from from it unless you do heavy doses for an extended period, I dont trip often on LSD but when I do it's usualy 10+ hits, a max of 25 so far <running from the cops when I was 20> I have a permanent case of trails and on occasion I do have to take a second look at some things and at night things can play hell with my little brain.

keep in mind I've been tripping for 20 years and always with heavy doses as dreamer said, there are some residual effects, it's basicly a flashback, they are few and far between, generaly come in conjunction with the use of other drugs or sleeplessness.

Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Re: worried [Re: Granola]
    #2189074 - 12/19/03 12:51 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

but the symptoms do go away after a while...permanetly?

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#2189081 - 12/19/03 12:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

mabey, tell us how it goes. And the shit you see on the surface of your eyes, those are just little germs and bugs and things floating on your eyeball i think, i'v been seeing those all my life even before the drugs

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2189193 - 12/19/03 01:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

those are just little germs and bugs and things floating on your eyeball i think

uhm, no. they are a fluid in your eye that you will sometimes *see* as a change in depth in that area as it shifts.

as far as persistent visual distortions, they do go away eventualy. depending on the person, the substances used, the frequency and dosages, there is no way to really say how long they will persist for, but i don't really have them anymore, and i haven't used LSD in over a year. i have eaten mushrooms, mescaline, morning glory seeds and a few other things in that time, but not frequently. i usualy have persistant visual distortions for about 24 hours or so after eating mushrooms. with indevidual LSD uses, they sometimes stick around for a week, but are not permanent, they just come and go.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Re: worried [Re: canid]
    #2189196 - 12/19/03 01:40 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Im gonna have to stick to my germs and bugs theory, if i consentrate really hard i can make out squiglly sperm lookin things, and no its not cuz i caught a load in the eye.

--------------------

Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

#2189253 - 12/19/03 02:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

from HPPD Online
Floaters: Some people with HPPD become acutely aware of the material that floats on the surface of the eye. These floaters may look like bacteria and appear to be jelly-like in form. They are often seen when looking up at a blue sky.

Thanks for the replies guys. It just really worried me that I'd fucked myself up permanetly. Kinda makes me think twice about doing hallucinogenic substances. I'm sure that a lot of my problem is anxiety and hypochondriasis; some other things I need help with.

Edited by zer0vega (12/19/03 02:29 AM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

#2189282 - 12/19/03 02:43 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well there are a few people in whom there is a preexisting psychological disorder that is brought to the surface with hallucinagens, if you have a family history of crazys your more at risk. In fact i have distant relitive who ate some acid and spent his life in the crazy house which puts me in even more danger but, its a risk im willing to take

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: worried about HPPD [Re: zer0vega]
    #2189323 - 12/19/03 03:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have had a few flashbacks, but I have never had one more than two months after a trip. IMO it will go away.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2190457 - 12/19/03 02:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Floaters: Some people with HPPD become acutely aware of the material that floats on the surface of the eye. These floaters may look like bacteria and appear to be jelly-like in form. They are often seen when looking up at a blue sky.

in people with HPPD, they look to be bacteria, or other coherent objects because they trigger subconscious paranoia and thus, a minor hallucination. they are not actualy anything more than this fluid in the eye. i can try to find documentation about this phaenonenon[sp?] if anybody insists.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: worried [Re: canid]
    #2190649 - 12/19/03 03:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've heard that the squiggly lines are small blood vessels that were used during the formation of the lens and cornea, but which detached when the eye was complete. Now they float around in your eyes and are sometimes visible.

I've always been able to see these things, including well before I ever tried any drugs (psychedelic).

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: worried [Re: trendal]
    #2192010 - 12/20/03 01:08 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

seriously floaters have nothing to do with tripping except your just paying more attention to your visual field

i also had them before i ever tripped
i read about them a lot when i first noticed them
they are INSIDE your eye

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlineboredcore
Stranger
Re: worried [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2192119 - 12/20/03 02:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

woah...thats crazy...and kinda gross...but cool :P

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: worried [Re: boredcore]
    #2192859 - 12/20/03 02:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm 90% sure you don't have HPPD. Trust me, if you had HPPD (which I don't either, but have read a lot about), you would know you had HPPD without ever reading about it. Apparently its not just your vision that's messed but you feel like you're always underwater or something and it totally takes control of your life.

Sorry I don't have the URL, but there's a forum just for HPPD that you should find (I'm sure someone will post the link) so you can ask people who actually have HPPD what its like and possibly get an idea of what you have.

OfflineNationofStrangers
Beeeeyah!!!!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Austin TX
    #2193169 - 12/20/03 05:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I see floaters ALL the time i never noticed them though untill i stopped a few years of severe meth abuse. but yeah i dont think i have HPPD but i see floaters alot. i never realized what they were untill i read in a book that sometimes that happens. i seem to rember that it was dead skin. but im not sure.

NoS

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: worried [Re: NationofStrangers]
    #3514348 - 12/17/04 05:56 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:confused:

Edited by LCid (12/17/04 05:59 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being