Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: New TEK? [Re: ShroomBlue]
    #2161845 - 12/05/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

MAIA is right. I know this because I know how to be sterile, what's good, and what's bad. I've worked in a lab for years, so I have a lot more experience than most other people here.

I have had a 100% success rate when growing mushrooms. That is because I'm careful. The one time I did have contamination I caught it early on and took care of it.

Like MAIA said -- there's nothing wrong with experimenting, but sometimes there are just better ways of doing things. If I wanted I could have liters of inoculum made from less than one bag and inoculate X number of cakes, but I would do it sterilly, and I would have a 100% success rate.

I don't mean to put havatampa down, and neither does MAIA, but the title of this thread was "new tek" and it's not a good way of doing things. That's all.

Like I said days ago in this same thread -- there's always such thing as luck.

Again, I don't mean to put anyone down, but this is a discussion group and I will state my opinion when it comes to technique.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New TEK? [Re: micro]
    #2162189 - 12/05/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

this also isnt new, as mycocat stated several times...

~JSlice~

--------------------

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: New TEK? [Re: micro]
    #2162193 - 12/05/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I inoculated around ten jars with dunk water and got zero contamination. I was as sterile as I could possibly be during the whole procedure (Lysol on all surfaces, wore latex gloves, mask, cleaned all tools thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap and used Spring Water for the dunk) and all the jars were done in less than two weeks. So I think it works as long as you're sterile.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
Re: New TEK? [Re: MycoCat]
    #2162199 - 12/05/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You guys are all right.

Still, I'll keep doing it till it stops giving me shrooms.

Thanks for the advice though.

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: New TEK? [Re: havatampa]
    #2175936 - 12/14/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OK, here are the results of my second experiment:

I just recently dunked 10 new PF Tek cakes.

I used the method I previously described with the by-products of the subsequent dunk and roll.

Two of my newly "innoculated" jars were completely infested with a nasty green mold within two days. The rest of them (8) now look like this:

The other three cakes from before, which are now mini-casings, are well into their 3rd flush. I do not have a big enough plate to fit all the shrooms this time (or else I'd rub it in your myco-magash "contam contam" faces).

This last time, by the way, I took zero sterility percausions. I just used straight, unsterilized verm/brf/and the dunk water and stuck them right back in the same jars that had just been used for the dunk. I even coughed on the open jars out of spite. So far I'm showing an 80% success rate. Suckers.

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

#2176004 - 12/14/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I know those are the same from before. It was a joke. Get it? You Mr. Richard Smokin Jokers?

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

InvisibleGonzoCool

Loc: Flag
    #2176135 - 12/14/03 03:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

did you get those fruits on that plate from fruiting off of the cakes or casing?

--------------------

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: New TEK? [Re: GonzoCool]
    #2176136 - 12/14/03 03:26 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I used ONE cake and turned it into a mini-casing.  I have already gotten a slightly smaller second harvest from the same mini casing if you want to see those results too.  :smile:  Thanks for asking.  Seriously, this tek works like a charm.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder