Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #21640857 -

Seriously_trippin said:
If you can pick up a 200lbs+ person from the floor to your shoulders you can do it.



I looked into the test and that is probably be the only thing She could not do due to smaller stature. She would probably excell at the other parts of the test. :shrug:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #21640860 -

Shit I sure can't


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #21640880 -

By the way, I don't think he is right about that particular thing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #21640887 -

Seriously_trippin said:
Shit I sure can't



I can't now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21640926 -

I can't lift up 200 pounds and walk around by myself...
and i'm used to picking twice the wieght off the ground
walking around with something like that really isn't going to be easy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Konyap]
    #21640972 -

I don't think that is on the test but I still don't think Cryatal could pass it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Konyap]
    #21641010 -

I carried 160 pounds up a ladder onto a 1 story house before. 200 on the ground shouldn't be too bad.  Plus ladders can be awkward if you never used them before. I'm pretty much a ladder expert though I wish I could get pain for goofing around with ladders.


--------------------
I like lasagna.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #21641027 -

Oh I carried plenty of shingle bundles up ladders.  They didn't weigh 200 pounds though.  80 to 100 depending on the product


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21641129 -

My crew took 2 bundles each up one time just to see if we could do it. They were about 75 to 80 lbs I'd say.  If there was an extra 40 pounds on there I don't think I'd be able to make it up a ladder but I could probably mosey around on the ground with it.  With your adrenaline pumping during a fire I bet some people would be able to just toss a person around and haul them outta there if they had too.


--------------------
I like lasagna.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #21641152 -

DTCharlieB said:
My crew took 2 bundles each up one time just to see if we could do it. They were about 75 to 80 lbs I'd say.  If there was an extra 40 pounds on there I don't think I'd be able to make it up a ladder but I could probably mosey around on the ground with it.  With your adrenaline pumping during a fire I bet some people would be able to just toss a person around and haul them outta there if they had too.



I do not want my life risked during a fire on a "bet some people would be able to"


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #21641167 -

Oh I knew a guy who regularly humped two bundles at a time up the ladder.  Exactly 1.  Fucking freakshow.  We're talking a lot less than 0.01% of the male population.  Aint no chick doing it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #21641175 -

Well don't move to NYC


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21641212 -

I'm one of those people who can pass this test within 8 minutes as soon as I get my green card I'm doing,this!! how much do firefighters make again?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Kinko]
    #21641231 -

actually I'm gonna stop smoking join a boxing gym and beat mayweathers ass I will wear a t-shirt with kinko written on it, that is if weather is still fighting in the next 3-4 years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21641237 -

zappaisgod said:
Well don't move to NYC



Oh trust me man I go in for a concert here and there but the City fucking sucks.


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: Kinko]
    #21641242 -

Depends where.  Look nt up.  I could have passed the test.  35 years ago


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21643059 -

i'm afriad of a lot of things, but i've never been afraid of fire.  maybe i'm ignorant but it always seemed like a noisy flashy thing that u can casually walk away from.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: teamkiller]
    #21643257 -

I had a friend who tried (and had some success) to be a firefighter.  Apparently it is easy to get a job as a firefighter in Florida, but it's not the same cushy job.  When he moved to the northeast he passed the test but never got past the volunteer or maybe like on-call status.  It is really hard to become a firefighter in someplace like Boston or NYC I know, just because jobs like that are generally sought after.  You've kinda gotta have an in like military, knowing someone, or just working your ass off volunteering for years and years.

He was a pretty strong guy, stronger than me I think, but I remember I went running with him before and he took off thinking he was kicking my ass but then tired out after like 1/4 mile.  Idunno if he was outta shape then or what, I know he had to train for the test alot but he got it done and wasn't like a giant or anything.  I think you could probably do it Crystal, but you'd probably also blow out your back on one of the lifting things trying to be tough and have a crook in your neck for life :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Somebody Bet Me Money That I Wouldn't Be Able to Pass the Firefighter Exam [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21644307 -

r00tuuu123 said:
Seriously_trippin said:
If you can pick up a 200lbs+ person from the floor to your shoulders you can do it.



I looked into the test and that is probably be the only thing She could not do due to smaller stature. She would probably excell at the other parts of the test. :shrug:



Yeah that's what I was thinking, if she can do the lifting I think she could pass the rest of the test. That's probably the hardest part of the test. I remember applying for EMT passed all the tests except lifting dead weight like that. When I was a teenager I picked up a 150lb person sized weight from 20 feet below the water that shit was hard.I was at my peak in fitness and it was still tough


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Recommendations to pass a Piss test for THC? Boosted98gsx 2,663 16 09/13/04 02:15 PM
by Psychoslut
* Nothing Like Final Exams! Redstorm 1,279 12 12/08/03 11:08 PM
by MrBump
* Man rapes woman for 12 hours posing as a firefighter, stabs himself in the neck Hawkeye3 1,379 12 12/17/05 03:21 PM
by cubeladd
* What's with the guilt trip from the firefighters? Phychotron 814 4 02/27/05 07:39 PM
by MikeOLogical
* Why have mushrooms been making me pass out?
( 1 2 all )
AllisonWonderland 4,851 27 04/07/19 02:09 AM
by Lucis
* Taking an exam when stoned and tired MOTH 865 8 09/17/04 09:06 AM
by Phishgrrl
* statistics exam this evening stefan 459 2 11/02/04 01:31 PM
by Gus
* 500+ dollar day and my car still hasn't passed emissions
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 3,241 25 07/29/04 02:37 AM
by iluan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,599 topic views. 9 members, 17 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.