Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save?
    #21641637 -

I think I would pick the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. :ancientaliens:

it's a well made movie that man kind deserves to keep around.

What are yall gonna save? We collectively retain the item saved by each individual.


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21641656 -

You're making me pick between Alexander Shulgins Books?

FUCK.

Can't be done...

I have to save pihkal and tihkal, or die trying.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21641660 -

Unless research papers and shit don't count as media?

In that case, Hitchhikers guide, tough choice though.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21641662 -

Great thread idea, I love 2001.

Hmm, hard to decide though, deep down I think I'd pick ole Tolkien but right now I must say PKD's Ubik.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: MorphinTime]
    #21641672 -

MorphinTime said:
Great thread idea, I love 2001.

Hmm, hard to decide though, deep down I think I'd pick ole Tolkien but right now I must say PKD's Ubik.



You only get to pick one of their works, you can't save the whole other, ya cheater! hahaha

But yeah dude I don't blame you, it's a tough choice to just pick one form of media.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21641683 -

Research publications count! Patents and machines do not.


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: ModestMouse] * 2
    #21641685 -

I zip up everything into one file and save it.  :hehehe:


--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: The Phleg]
    #21641687 -

Oh boo. Play fair junior


--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: ModestMouse] * 3
    #21641698 -

Your moms phone number. Final answer.


--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: The Phleg]
    #21641767 -

Either gangnam style or the first transformers movie. Society would never be able to advance without one of those.

No but seriously, i would save metal gear solid. Just the first game. Id love to save them all, but you make me choose, so i stick with the original.


--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.


In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

Edited by LuSiD enthusiast (05/05/15 11:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21641771 -

Psychonautica said:
MorphinTime said:
Great thread idea, I love 2001.

Hmm, hard to decide though, deep down I think I'd pick ole Tolkien but right now I must say PKD's Ubik.



You only get to pick one of their works, you can't save the whole other, ya cheater! hahaha

But yeah dude I don't blame you, it's a tough choice to just pick one form of media.



If I'd went with Tolkien it would have been Fellowship; I had no intention of choosing his life's work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: MorphinTime]
    #21641804 -

The internet is media right?

I'm changing my answer. I'm saving the internet.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21641916 -

Psychonautica said:
The internet is media right?

I'm changing my answer. I'm saving the internet.



Yhen you would have the internet, and nothing on it?


--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.


In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #21641947 -

Art can be remade. The dissemination if information is eternal.  Nobody could shut down the internet if they wanted to at this point anyway.


--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #21641950 -

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Psychonautica said:
The internet is media right?

I'm changing my answer. I'm saving the internet.



Yhen you would have the internet, and nothing on it?



Then I can fill the internet, with my own media, and recreate all knowledge, and social norms, however I see fit. I'd still save the internet.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #21641954 -

As much music as possible.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Zombi3]
    #21641958 -

Led Zeppelin IV


--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Zombi3]
    #21641968 -

I would keep a 2TB truecrypt file with all of my favorite and the most influential movies, shows tvs, books, historical documents, documentaries, etc. i would store the most important information in multiple languages as well

the only reason i limit it to 2tb hard drive is because getting anything bigger than 3tb would probably be difficult in this hypothetical orwellian state. and i picked trucrypt because its easy to make a gigantic, single file with it. theoretically, i think trucrypt can make 10+ gb files. you would need a RAID to do it though

Edited by Adolin (05/06/15 12:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: Zombi3]
    #21641981 -

This album at very least.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All media is being erased by some omnipotent evil! What's the one file you save? [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #21641995 -

1. Type www.FTP
2. select download location no smaller than 4 Yottabytes.
3. ????
4. Posses entire internet backup.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Why hasn't the internet been made illegal yet?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 4,258 30 02/26/25 05:33 PM
by cubedryeguy
* God bless government supply surpluses Patlal 173 5 04/12/18 04:02 PM
by Crazy_Horse
* A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... MikeOLogical 1,143 14 01/02/05 12:04 AM
by DNKYD
* why does the shroomery hate the US Government?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 12,001 86 10/03/18 03:46 PM
by Ant89
* Anyone know what could be the problem with my computer? Hefe 831 6 08/16/04 09:15 PM
by Ripple
* Do you trust this computer? AI danger documentary ModestMouse 83 1 04/12/18 02:23 PM
by Bill_Oreilly
* Sometimes I fight with my computer. Little Shroom 2,411 17 07/24/03 05:45 PM
by oDin
* Decompression NYC Saturday November 3rd. learning_byte 555 3 11/02/07 01:05 PM
by learning_byte

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,673 topic views. 3 members, 209 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.