Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think...
    #3568658 - 01/01/05 07:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was reading today about how the Justice Dept just issued a statement redefining the meaning of the word torture... the definition they put out is far different from the one the Bush administration is trying to push...

and i thought, this is how it begins...

look at how Germany rebounded from a 12 year slip from democratic nation to opressive genocidal regime... it was like a rubber band snapping back, the country lurched toward the opposite and became a most liberal democracy...

this is what we can expect for our future in america...

sane people within government are already rebelling against the administration...

soon the bushies will be seen by all for what they are and the whole crooked scheme is going to collapse...

I predict a mass movement in society and government that will reject the crooked way that things are run, and a new era of government run according to conscience and adherence to sacred principles of truth and justice will come to pass...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #3568669 - 01/01/05 07:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's just not going to happen...

InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico Flag
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: faslimy]
    #3568680 - 01/01/05 07:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

no....it will....it...will...

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: TYL3R]
    #3568684 - 01/01/05 07:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:frown:

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: faslimy]
    #3568697 - 01/01/05 07:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i mean, it is conceivable. but with the current education of the populous its not going to happen.

the two reason for no revolt in our lifetime, or probably our childrens generations.

1. We are instilled capatilist values are WHOLE LIFE. This leads to greed, and the perfect ideals to keep a government that doesn't care about anyone but itself in power

2. No one owns guns. In the constitution it says we have the right to bare arms, and if the government become ineffective it is up to the PEOPLE to over throw and start a new government. Well right now, the US government has untold weapons that us civilians can't even OWN. When it says the right to bare arms i think that means we should have EVERY DAMN WEAPON THAT GOV'T HAS SO THEY CANNOT HOLD US IN CHECK.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3568713 - 01/01/05 07:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a revolution cannot come to a country as large and as well armed as the US by force of arms... this revolution will take place in the hearts and minds of our leaders... capitalist ideals will work in favor of this, since more freedom = more profit in all but a few industries...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #3568731 - 01/01/05 08:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MikeOLogical said:
a revolution cannot come to a country as large and as well armed as the US by force of arms... this revolution will take place in the hearts and minds of our leaders... capitalist ideals will work in favor of this, since more freedom = more profit in all but a few industries...

They should all meet Lucy .... They of course being our "leaders"

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3568884 - 01/01/05 09:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I predict a mass movement in society and government that will reject the crooked way that things are run, and a new era of government run according to conscience and adherence to sacred principles of truth and justice will come to pass...

I do not. I do not think any mass movement (if by mass you mean a majority of the US population - keep in mind the sheer number of votes Bush received in November) of such principles is possible in the US. After 8 years of Reagan and 4 years of Bush Sr, where was this rubberband effect? Sure Clinton was elected, but the liberals and the largest party that represents liberals shifted further to the right. And do not forget the Republican victory in 1994.

Quote:

look at how Germany rebounded from a 12 year slip from democratic nation to opressive genocidal regime... it was like a rubber band snapping back, the country lurched toward the opposite and became a most liberal democracy...

Perhaps WWII and the reconstruction of that country by 1st-world, liberal democracies caused this more than anything else.

I think instead of mass movement, we will see (and do see - albeit in small numbers now) small pockets of resistance. I think this is a better path - we need to think decentralize and make things small but yet dynamic. I do not think republics/representative democracies work very well when they span hundreds of millions of people and thousands of miles. Republics need to be small - we actually need to be connected to our representatives in government otherwise they just grow further and further away from us.

OfflineShroom_Herder
Get In...
 User Gallery

Loc: Where The Magic Trees Gro...
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3568894 - 01/01/05 09:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why is your name printed in black?

Glitches in the system?

--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: Shroom_Herder]
    #3568936 - 01/01/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"MikeOLogical said:
a revolution cannot come to a country as large and as well armed as the US by force of arms... this revolution will take place in the hearts and minds of our leaders... capitalist ideals will work in favor of this, since more freedom = more profit in all but a few industries..."

It's not just about total profit but who controls the profit. The leaders prefer a system where they are 1000 times as rich as us and there is 1gazillion total dollars then one where they are only 10 times as rich as us but there is 1000 gazillion dollars.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3568937 - 01/01/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I made a post about this in the Political forum.... total BS if you ask me!

InvisibleDark_Star
edible anus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #3569025 - 01/01/05 10:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've been thinking the same thing...it also just get worse.......but i'm keeping the faith. Shine on!  :laugh: :thumbup: :sun: :flowerchild:

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: Shroom_Herder]
    #3569048 - 01/01/05 10:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroom_Herder said:
Why is your name printed in black?

Because he's a vendor.

But i agree mostly with what Bio said...

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: A new era of unprecedented freedom is just on the horizon... i think... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3569213 - 01/01/05 11:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Indeed...........very good post!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3569260 - 01/02/05 12:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, change is on the horizon. Keep the faith.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub