Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSheerTerror
ST
Male

P. Azurescens
    #2144305 - 11/29/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am going to purchase the P. Azurescens Hammond strain soon, I will be doing this indoors, in my basement which is usually a low temp. I cannot seem to find much info on Azures on the net so i figured i would post it here. This is my first time trying to cultivate mushrooms and I figured I would go for the most potent one to try to cultivate. I know to get (Hardwood Sawdust, Organic Rice or Wheat Bran, Vermiculite, Maple or Alder Woodchips) I as just wondering if anyone had some tips for me or knew of any info on the net that would help me at being successful at growing these mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: SheerTerror]
    #2144331 - 11/29/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

This is my first time trying to cultivate mushrooms and I figured I would go for the most potent one to try to cultivate

You should try a more easily cultivated species.  :cool: 

Edit =

http://www.sporeworks.com/azurdata.htm

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23361

:laugh:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (11/29/03 12:53 PM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #2144334 - 11/29/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery..  :smirk: 

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineFunkey
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: motaman]
    #2144406 - 11/29/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

check out this link too:
http://www.mushmush.nl/frameset.php?res=1152

I wouldn't try to cultivate this strain indoors (allmost impossible). Making an outdoor bed is the best way to do it.

--------------------
SING WHILE YOU MAY...

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: Funkey]
    #2144826 - 11/29/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just do a search: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php?Cat= : and look for woodloving species or growing azures or cyans.

--------------------
Holler!

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2146666 - 11/30/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Here is a indoor and outdoor grow log for azures.

--------------------
-> Errors Are A Great Source Of Knowledge <-
-> It Is Not Important WHO Is Right But WHAT Is Right <-

OfflineIndubitableness
n. The state orquality of beingindubitable
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: ragadinks]
    #2150070 - 12/01/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

IF azurescense can be grown with the same techniques and substrates as Psilocybe Cyanescense, then i have a GREAT and simple method (from the book The Mushroom Cultivator by Paul Stamets and J.S. Chilton). I am going to assume you are familiar with basic grain cultivation techniques. (Before you try and grow something as DIFFICULT to grow as Azurescense i would SERIOUSLY suggest buying a text book like the mushroom cultivator... you could get it at the library, but it's an invaluable resource to have around.)

If you haven't purchased your print yet, DON'T! Buy something DIFFERENT, i would suggest, if you want a very easy to grow mushroom, try the mazatapec strain of P. Cubensis (The only one i can say i've SEEN grow through some CRAZY shit... although i don't grow them myself.) I saw a guy stick his unwashed finger in a jar and subsequently make successful agar dishes... within the same hour, with no H2O2 involved at all, but it was white with mycelium already, but still, there was NO reason for that mycelium to remain uncontaminated.

You're going to need a good amount of mycological knowledge, not to mention at least a tiny bit of experience, before you're going to grow those things very well, or abundantly.

Remember, hydrogen peroxide works wonders.

--------------------
"Preacher man don't tell me, heaven is under the earth, 'cause i know you don't know, what life is really worth..." ~ The Wailin' Wailers

I grow legitimate mushrooms only.

OfflineIndubitableness
n. The state orquality of beingindubitable
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: Indubitableness]
    #2150166 - 12/01/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

..... I forgot to post the technique... blame it on the ganja.

Anyway, start off with yourt standard grain culture, most preferably in a half quart - gallon sized mason jar (as opposed to a half pint canning jar) with regular mouth lids. If you need to know how to do this, just ask anyone will answer it eventually. Personally i sterilize mine in the oven. Ramble. You MAY want to try the PF technique if you're going to germinate spores, i don't know how well whole grain culture works for spore germination. I am but a novice.

When the mason jars are fully colonized, or just colonized enough to use, depending on your sterile conditions, you need to get ahold of sheets of relatively clean sheets of corrugated cardboard (the kind of cardboard that has the rippling set up |_|"|_|"|_|"|_|"|_|" that's the best digital representation of it we'll be making| cut them in to the size of whatever fruiting tray you'd like to use, soak them , but make sure they don't get so wet as to fall apart (You do not need to sterilize them, in fact i would advise against it, although i'm sure it's possible)

I personally would put the pre-soaked cardboard into the bottom of the dry tray you'r going to use, inoculate it from thegrain spawn jars by spreading a few kernels over the top but across it relatively evenly and entirely, but you DON'T want to see more than one or two kernels within very close proximity of one another (an inch or two apart is good)

The spawn will run through the cardboard, when it is fully colonized, case it with alder or maple chips (alder is the best for Cyan. , don't know about azure.) make sure you use CHIPS and not sawdust. Maintain humidity like any other casing, after the spawn colonizes up into the alder it should be ready to initiate pinheads, i hear Azure needs colder temperatures, and i KNOW cyan does. Cyan best forms pinheads when the air temp is 50-60 degrees F.the spawn run should be incubated at 65-75 degrees F.

--------------------
"Preacher man don't tell me, heaven is under the earth, 'cause i know you don't know, what life is really worth..." ~ The Wailin' Wailers

I grow legitimate mushrooms only.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: Indubitableness]
    #2152253 - 12/02/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Grow the mycelia spawn on rye or WBS, spawn to cedar chips, fruit.

The temp are the hard thing, fruiting temps of "around 50" are created by using a refridgerator or making your own vented terrarium in a fridge. Ps. Cyan. can be grown this way.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Offlineabrcromby_dude
SaM ThEAuToMaToR
Loc: I hate the UsA
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2160481 - 12/05/03 02:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

if temps are the hard thing, then why isnt it automaticall a refriderator thing. I am at the point with colonized pan cyan on rye and I need to figure what dto do next.
thanks

--------------------
nocturnal shroomery member # 420
long live my nuts

Offlinezoomerang
Stranger

#8307583 - 04/20/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Go for it. Don't listen to those who suggest you try an easier strain first.
If they don't work out, oh well, but with the right conditions and all they should ok. I understand that "azies" take a longer time to colonize and grow, so patience is going to be your greatests asset! I knocked mine up this morning and would enjoy communications with you on this one!

Peace,
Zoom

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: P. Azurescens [Re: zoomerang]
    #8308443 - 04/20/08 05:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

holy thread necromancy! you know, this was 4 and a half years ago and this grow was never updated. i'm thinking it'd a non issue.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineArmysOnXTC
Stranger

Re: P. Azurescens [Re: canid]
    #8309858 - 04/21/08 07:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I would stick to an easier species for beginner cultivation. I stuck to easier ones for the first few tries (i.e. Amazonian, Mexican, Golden Teacher, B+) and I guarentee if the conditions are optimal, you need not worry about the strength of the species (Because they will f!ck you up!).

My friend and I started with azurescens in early February and our wood chips are near the end of colonization. I can tell you personally though it isn't so much the difficulty of it as much as it is the time it takes to grow, not to mention the yield (from what I've heard) is not very high.

Stick to a basic PF Tek for the first time because:
1) It's easier and gives you experience
2)It's much faster
3)You'll be a bit more satisfied with the yield

If you are set on growing azurescens, T.H.E. was where we ordered ours, but I know they're out. Try sporeworks instead.

Happy cultivating!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds