Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]
Toxic compound roundup found in air and water
    #21328319 -

Monsatan is poisoning you and you don't even know it!

***************
SOURCE: NATURAL SOCIETY

A new study proves just how invasive Monsanto’s best selling chemicals are, revealing how herbicide toxins are appearing in 75% of rain and air samples.
Take a deep breath. Thanks to the massive use of herbicides across the planet, you likely just inhaled a dose of Monsanto’s best-selling herbicide, Round Up – at least according to the latest US Geological Survey published in the journal Enviromental Toxicology and Chemistry.

The chemical ingredient used in Round Up, known as glyphosate, as well as other ‘inert’ toxic chemicals, were found in over 75% of the air and rain samples tested from Mississippi in 2007 – a large river that cuts through the middle of the US, and is the basin in which hundreds of farms’ runoff drains.

An evaluation of numerous pesticides currently used were measured through water and air samples collected from 1995 to 2007 during growing season along the Mississippi Delta agricultural region. If 75% of samples containing Round Up isn’t shocking enough, there’s more:

Round Up chemicals were prevalent, but so were 37 other toxic compounds – all present in both rain and air samples.
Glyphosate was found in 86% of air samples, and 77% of rain samples.
Seven compounds in 1995 and five in 2007 were detected in more than 50% of both air and rain samples. Atrazine, metolachlor, and propanil were detected in more than 50% of the air and rain samples in both years.
The report states that 2 million kilograms of glyphosate were applied statewide in 2007, or 55% of the total herbicide flux for that year (~129 μg/m2), leading them to state the high prevalence of glyphosate in air and water “was not surprising.”

What is surprising is that these results are not becoming widely distributed until 2015.

This estimate, if correct, reveals that there has been an ~ 18 fold increase in glyphosate concentrations in air and water samples in only 12 years (1995-2007), and likely more since the samples were taken.

This means that our bodies have been under fire with biotech toxins, not just in the food we eat, but in the air we breathe, and the water we drink, for more than a decade.

The longer the period of exposure we are subjected to, you can bet the more diseases will crop up.

These toxins have cumulative and synergistic effects with other toxicants with incalculably complex results that produce far more harm together than glyphosate alone (i.e. synergistic toxicity).

If you want to breathe a sigh of relief, you’ll have to fight biotech. It isn’t just the food they are poisoning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Stonehenge] * 2
    #21328339 -

The article is terribly unclear. Are these percentages only for the Mississippi river?


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #21328417 -

Live toxin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Webster10]
    #21328473 -

Roundup is ment to kill EVERYTHING. Except for plants genetically modified to handle it. It's terrible. Roundup ready soy is the main one.

With corn they GM'd it to create a pesticide to kill that corn worm, cuz in a field of abundant food, a species is going to explode, right? But after a while the worm became immune, as corn is its food sorce, rendering the porpuse of modifying it usless. What is left is corn producing pesticides. And b/c of the nature of GM, the corn DNA wont run the pesticide program, so they have to turn the pesticide on, out of the control of the plant.

Atrazine is super nasty too. It's turning frogs into herms (her+him). When you consider BPA was origonally created as estrogen therapy, could be a situation where, chemically, we're being poisoned into pussies.

[flash=,]http:/
/flash]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: MichAnon.ael]
    #21328954 -

MichAnon.ael said:
Roundup is ment to kill EVERYTHING. Except for plants genetically modified to handle it. It's terrible. Roundup ready soy is the main one.

With corn they GM'd it to create a pesticide to kill that corn worm, cuz in a field of abundant food, a species is going to explode, right? But after a while the worm became immune, as corn is its food sorce, rendering the porpuse of modifying it usless. What is left is corn producing pesticides. And b/c of the nature of GM, the corn DNA wont run the pesticide program, so they have to turn the pesticide on, out of the control of the plant.

Atrazine is super nasty too. It's turning frogs into herms (her+him). When you consider BPA was origonally created as estrogen therapy, could be a situation where, chemically, we're being poisoned into pussies.

[flash=,]http:/
/flash]



Very true, and not even half of the bad things they are doing. Avoid gmo food, avoid tap water with fluoride and pressure your congresspeople to stop this crap.


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21329224 -

Burke Dennings said:
Live toxin?



:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath] * 2
    #21329329 -

Lets take bets on how long it is before pris decides he doesn't agree roundup is bad and moves this to the other forum?


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21329355 -

:lol:

Monsatan, good one :thumbup:

I love Momsanto in futurama :lol:

Seriously though shit's not funny
:badmanthisfeels:

We should force expose everyone in Monsanto to their own poisonous crap and see how they handle it.

Maybe make them live off only their own GMO food, that could be the clinical test for its safety
:rofl2:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21329367 -

Stonehenge said:
Lets take bets on how long it is before pris decides he doesn't agree roundup is bad and moves this to the other forum?



He probably will now that you said shit like that.

Are these percentages only for the Mississippi River?


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Webster10]
    #21329397 -

"75% of the air and rain samples tested from Mississippi in 2007"

That is decently clear...

So if this is from 2007 it is probably even higher now :sad:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: musiclover420]
    #21329594 -

It also includes other percentages than those quoted.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Webster10]
    #21329635 -

Well I would assume that means all the samples were taken from the same place, since it does not say another place where the other samples were taken.

That seems like a clear sign all the samples are from the same source but I guess it shouldn't be necessary to assume anything if the article was clearer :shrug:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21329938 -

Cojo, do you know the terror of live toxin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21329971 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21330057 -

WGAF OP?  Could you be any more hysterical?  We are facing utter annihilation from the Muslim hordes and you are worried about Roundup?  Gimme a fucking break.

Thread fail.


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: mpd] * 3
    #21330181 -

He's hysterical and you're worried of Muslims.

:cookiemonster::elmo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Adden]
    #21330220 -

Yeah I was confused by that post. I just decided it was some ill conceived attempt at a troll post in the end and decided maybe if I ignored it, it would go away :shrug:

:lol:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #21330267 -

First google image response for when you search "live toxin":



This shit is getting serious, guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21330279 -

Anthrax?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Toxic compound roundup found in air and water [Re: mpd] * 2
    #21330285 -

mpd said:
WGAF OP?  Could you be any more hysterical?  We are facing utter annihilation from the Muslim hordes and you are worried about Roundup?  Gimme a fucking break.

Thread fail.



Do you actually believe the nonsense you post?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* STOP CODEX ALIMENTARIUS - The criminalization of vitamins and minerals, and proliferation of toxic
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 15,521 91 12/03/09 10:44 AM
by Trav
* AVID...pesticide common to domestic weed deranger 6,368 7 12/29/08 11:50 AM
by InTheRainySeason
* MJ smoke more toxic than tobacco smoke stefan 1,027 14 12/20/07 06:58 AM
by johnm214
* Permaculture career? A Day InThe Life 917 5 04/17/11 09:49 PM
by Buckthorn
* permaculture/sustainable agriculture files demiu5 449 2 06/28/09 11:09 PM
by RonPaulVerm
* Are christmas trees toxic?
( 1 2 all )
Lucidx 2,262 21 12/12/09 10:26 PM
by Prisoner#1
* join me in my fight against pesticides being sparyed in our public parks flushme 1,346 17 09/11/08 12:04 AM
by flushme
* Most toxic city in the US: Atlanta, GA
( 1 2 3 all )
Gumby 4,234 42 11/09/09 07:24 PM
by m1ndriot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,171 topic views. 12 members, 36 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.