Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Shrooms and higher dosages...
    #2121880 - 11/19/03 05:24 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I've done an eighth 3 times, and think I'm ready for trying a higher dosage. I was thinking about trying 5g.

Any advice from more experienced shroomers on the trip, preparing for/dealing with the trip, etc? I'm a little intimidated by it, as my shroom experiences have all been intense, good, but intense. Especially the last one. Very good, and very intense. I guess I'm just nervous about goodness not increasing with intensity. So any advice on dosage, environment, etc, would be appreciated.

My last trip it was great to trip on home grown shrooms....can't wait to trip again on my homegrown cased grain substrate shrooms :smile: Hehe don't knwo why I mentioned it just stoned I guess. 

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: jong21]
    #2121938 - 11/19/03 06:29 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Heya,

I'm gearing up for my first 5g trip too.  The most I've done is 4g's and that was just completely out of this world.  It makes me want to go farther, but I'm like you...I want to proceed with caution!  :grin:  Hopefully someone will be able to give some quality advice, sorry I can't help you out more!

I think tripping on homegrown shrooms is awesome too!  :smile:

truly,

ShadeGirl 

OfflineDeeBo
Twister

Loc: Upstate
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: MOTH]
    #2122017 - 11/19/03 08:53 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Funny back 7 years ago we'd eat 3-5 grams like every 3-4 days. Pretty sure they where home grown to. Now hell, i'm old or something, cause I can get off GREAT with 1g easy. LOL is that a wrinkle on my face....

--------------------

Lost before found and now the world is upside down....Looked for the Earth and only found the MOON...Keep telling myself the trip will be over soon

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: DeeBo]
    #2122055 - 11/19/03 09:33 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

5g, have a good friend around, good vibes.  make sure your mind is in a good place before the trip. if you encounter any drama like a day before the trip,  try to deal with it fully before going into a trip, somethings come up out of no where. 

have a pilllow, some blankets, and some water.  if you want, fast the day before, it makes things a little more profound that way :smile:but yeah if your gonna trip by yourself, makes sure no one is going to bother you. disconnect phone chords, turn off pagers and cel phones, and make sure that blasted TV is off too.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: jong21]
    #2122158 - 11/19/03 10:34 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Go for 4 grams next, for me going to 4 from 3.5 was a noticable difference.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2123630 - 11/19/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Everyone is differnt. However, set and setting probably makes the difference between an good trip and one that is uncomfortable. Not that I have really had a bad trip, just bad company.

But I'll use myself as an example.

What are you looking for in your trip?

Did you feel like the last trip was "too" intense, or were you able to handle the Transitions with ease? If you can handle 3.5 grams with no problem, then creep up to 5 by taking a few trips in the 4-4.5 range. That way you can know the difference. For some, not all, there is no difference felt between 3.5 and 5 grams. There are only so many receptor sites that will get filled with the Psilocybin. I have found that trips that are in the quarter ounce range are borderline Egoloss. Depending on the strain. I have taken 2.5 grams of Tropicallis and could have sworn It felt like more than ten grams of PF's Cubies. Happy trails. later.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: medicinebag]
    #2123965 - 11/19/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I would say if you want to go for 5gs do it. I have found that is my favorite dosage, 7gs was a little intense for me. Kaiowas post was right on the money, just be in a comfterable and visually stimulating envoronment. Only thing is i would suggest going outdoors and experiencing it there, nature is always my favorite while on the sacred mushroom. Peace!

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
Trippin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine Coast of BC
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2142703 - 11/28/03 07:01 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

i like 5. done 6 and that was something u only gotta do once. not bad but extremely intense. 4 doesnt get it doen for me. 5-5.5 is a good call. just make sure you have good ppl to trip with and a nice safe place. If the vibes are godo the trip will also be.  :lol:

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

OfflineFuman
Tao of Shrooms

Loc: Further
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #2142965 - 11/28/03 08:51 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

As long as you are in a good place mentally and physically all will be well. That being said, I would go up to 5 grams with a 4-4.5 in the middle. If there are shrooms you are familiar with, this is the best way to find the rigth dose for times to come.
Have a good time!

--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law. There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

Offlinepatmcq
Psychonaut
Loc: Lawrence, KS
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: Fuman]
    #2143234 - 11/28/03 11:37 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

As long as you have a positive environment, you should be fine. Be prepared to be more separated from reality than lighter trips, but if you maintain a positive mindset, you'll find that your pleasure will only increase as you take higher dosages. However, there is a dosage threshold past which you will just black out and wake up very sick and disoriented. For me, this was 8 grams dry (i weigh 230 lbs.). I like a more intense trip than most people, so the best trip I've ever had on shrooms was off 7 grams dry of rather good shrooms (persistent vivid OEV's off 2 grams). My consciousness completely disassociated with material existence in a way that reminds me of a very strong salvia trip, however, the personality of the trip was much more positive. It completely changed the way I look at drugs, people and spirituality. Unfortunately, I don't have a good place to grow my own mushrooms so I have to buy them from drug dealers, so I can't trip that hard very often. Whatever you decide to do, have a good time and learn as much as you can from the experience.

--------------------
"So, now you say that life sucks? Well, 99% of it is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, you suck." - Suicidal Tendencies

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: patmcq]
    #2143318 - 11/29/03 12:27 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

my short opinion: go for 4, then do 5 next time.

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

Re: Shrooms and higher dosages... [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2143776 - 11/29/03 05:17 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Depends on what kind of mushroom... cyanescens is so powerful.... wouldn't eat 5 grams of it... I'd become insane :wink:
No... maybe when I'm more experienced..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports