Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
When does it crest?
    #20956410 -

Hi Guys
in May i bought this Myrtillocactus Geometrizans crested :


It became a big crest in no time, also this was due the vegetative period, but hey, i was really fast
July


November



Also i happened to find this tall  Myrtillo Crest in September/October
I bought it for 5 euros, a really big deal (Also the thickness at the base is almost the same as the first exemplar



Now the question:
How come some exemplars just Crest widely and some others just grow in height?


It's clear that the first exemplar is a much beautiful one, and i wonder when the second one will start to "crest wide"


--------------------



                                                        "The best things in life, come covered in spines."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When does it crest? [Re: Lemnaminor]
    #20956425 -

Dude nice, those are beautiful.
I've had one of these on my wish list for a while.

I'm just spit balling here, but I don't think they grow in any designated parameters or follow a time stamp...if that's what you're asking?

They're wild cards, never know what, when, or where you're gonna have growth. Just as anything.

NOW, whether or not the column ALWAYS crests and fans out or not...I have no idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When does it crest? [Re: Lemnaminor]
    #20956467 -

Lemnaminor said:
Hi Guys
in May i bought this Myrtillocactus Geometrizans crested :


It became a big crest in no time, also this was due the vegetative period, but hey, i was really fast
July


November



Also i happened to find this tall  Myrtillo Crest in September/October
I bought it for 5 euros, a really big deal (Also the thickness at the base is almost the same as the first exemplar



Now the question:
How come some exemplars just Crest widely and some others just grow in height?


It's clear that the first exemplar is a much beautiful one, and i wonder when the second one will start to "crest wide"



Those are freaking gnarly dude!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When does it crest? [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20960594 -

I have a fairly large Myrtillocactus Geometrizans cresting variety in the ground. If yours grows like mine (which it seems to be doing), there is really isn't any way to tell.  When yours gets bigger, it will start branching, alot, and each branch will be different, ranging from forming large crests to very little cresting and fairly normal growth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When does it crest? [Re: melfdis]
    #20969341 -

Those are beauts! :thumbup::thumbup: I may have to look into acquiring one of those.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Echinopsis crest! Shroomeup 2,172 14 02/24/10 05:52 AM
by karode13
* September Picture Of The Month Poll
( 1 2 all )
Tomandjerry58 2,205 20 10/17/09 07:05 PM
by Urb
* Creating a Cactus Chimera's; Mutations, Crested, Variegated and Lots Of Other Stuff
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
modern.shaman 53,424 279 05/06/24 12:52 PM
by Markao21
* September 2014 POTM Voting Booth Mostly_HarmlessM 892 5 11/01/14 05:44 PM
by karode13
* September 2013 POTM Voting Booth Mostly_HarmlessM 386 0 09/30/13 11:34 PM
by Mostly_Harmless
* Cacti Crest orientation and growth shape Convergence 641 5 02/04/16 06:21 PM
by karode13
* Crested Pere Stock Cresting The Scion?! MeanGreen 246 1 08/20/17 02:27 PM
by ferrel_human
* Just Wanna Show Of My New San Pedro Crest!
( 1 2 all )
Dezzy 4,052 29 12/06/09 02:51 AM
by Dezzy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
736 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.