Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Enlil]
    #20738457 -

Again, I think most of your concerns were discussed beginning here.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20738474 -

I think they were hardly discussed and certainly not adequately addressed.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Enlil]
    #20738526 -

What question was unanswered?  I'm not going to draft the actual legislation.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20738552 -

Lots of questions, but I'd like to start with these basic two:


1. How do we determine what is and isn't political speech?
2. How do we determine what is spending for political speech?


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Enlil]
    #20738732 -

3.  Who decides what is political speech?
4.  Who decides who is allowed political speech.

These are both huge to me.  I would prefer that all political speech be shutdown than grant the NY Times a monopoly on it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Enlil]
    #20739169 -

Enlil said:
Lots of questions, but I'd like to start with these basic two:


1. How do we determine what is and isn't political speech?
2. How do we determine what is spending for political speech?



Covered in the first post I linked to.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20739203 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Enlil said:
Lots of questions, but I'd like to start with these basic two:


1. How do we determine what is and isn't political speech?
2. How do we determine what is spending for political speech?



Covered in the first post I linked to.  :shrug:



Oh so you have no words of your own?  Which particular fascist post was that?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20739272 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Covered in the first post I linked to.  :shrug:



Actually, no...they weren't.  Maybe you should actually read the post you linked.  It doesn't provide any insight to how we determine what is and isn't political speech or what is spending for political speech.

I fully understand if you don't want to answer these questions.  They're hard questions to answer, and the campaign reform zealots seem to only be able to come up with an "I know it when I see it" kind of answer.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Enlil]
    #20739298 -

A definition of obscenity that is itself an obscenity.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: zappaisgod]
    #20740010 -

Enlil, you fail to understand that FailCom, along with most progressives, are actually tuned into the 'New Class' type of society in which a huge, bloated government and its associates and elite leaders control everything and everyone that isn't a member of the new class.  They have the best pay, benefits, etc, and dole out the Free Stuff to keep the lower classes on their hind legs slobbering for more scraps.

This was the system that Russia was, and from the way Progressives around here fawn and swoon over the government and expanding it and taxing others, it is the way progressives desire the US to be.  It has great benefit for members of the Government class, and everyone else sucks wind.

The theory of it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_class


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20740446 -

starfire_xes said:
Enlil, you fail to understand that FailCom, along with most progressives, are actually tuned into the 'New Class' type of society in which a huge, bloated government and its associates and elite leaders control everything and everyone that isn't a member of the new class.  They have the best pay, benefits, etc, and dole out the Free Stuff to keep the lower classes on their hind legs slobbering for more scraps.

This was the system that Russia was, and from the way Progressives around here fawn and swoon over the government and expanding it and taxing others, it is the way progressives desire the US to be.  It has great benefit for members of the Government class, and everyone else sucks wind.

The theory of it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_class



What the fuck?

:rofl2::rofl::lolsy:

bullshit, that's not even close.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20740487 -

starfire_xes said:
Enlil, you fail to understand that FailCom, along with most progressives, are actually tuned into the 'New Class' type of society in which a huge, bloated government and its associates and elite leaders control everything and everyone that isn't a member of the new class.  They have the best pay, benefits, etc, and dole out the Free Stuff to keep the lower classes on their hind legs slobbering for more scraps.

The theory of it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_class



You just defined Reaganomics aka trickle down economics to the T


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Citizen X]
    #20740790 -

Citizen X said:
starfire_xes said:
Enlil, you fail to understand that FailCom, along with most progressives, are actually tuned into the 'New Class' type of society in which a huge, bloated government and its associates and elite leaders control everything and everyone that isn't a member of the new class.  They have the best pay, benefits, etc, and dole out the Free Stuff to keep the lower classes on their hind legs slobbering for more scraps.

The theory of it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_class



You just defined Reaganomics aka trickle down economics to the T




actually that defines the old communist Russia to a T.  That's the origin of the 'New Class.'  You can't tell me Reagan was for a bloated big controlling government.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #20740963 -

zappaisgod said:
Oh so you have no words of your own?  Which particular fascist post was that?



The link I provided WAS to my own words.  :facepalm3:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #20741001 -

Enlil said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Enlil said:
1. How do we determine what is and isn't political speech?
2. How do we determine what is spending for political speech?



Covered in the first post I linked to.  :shrug:



Actually, no...they weren't.  Maybe you should actually read the post you linked.  It doesn't provide any insight to how we determine what is and isn't political speech or what is spending for political speech.



Yes, it did.  Political speech is pretty much any speech that includes politics.  I have no concerns about political speech, except I believe there should be a limit to how much any one person can spend to push their views onto others.  I gave lots of examples for you of what I felt is ok and what is not ok and why.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Citizen X] * 1
    #20741011 -

Citizen X said:
What the fuck?

:rofl2::rofl::lolsy:

bullshit, that's not even close.



No, it's not close at all.  starfire_xes and zappaisgod like to make things up about the other side so they can knock them down their own falsehoods, or at least provide a distraction from a losing argument.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20741525 -

starfire_xes said:
Citizen X said:
starfire_xes said:
Enlil, you fail to understand that FailCom, along with most progressives, are actually tuned into the 'New Class' type of society in which a huge, bloated government and its associates and elite leaders control everything and everyone that isn't a member of the new class.  They have the best pay, benefits, etc, and dole out the Free Stuff to keep the lower classes on their hind legs slobbering for more scraps.

The theory of it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_class



You just defined Reaganomics aka trickle down economics to the T




actually that defines the old communist Russia to a T.  That's the origin of the 'New Class.'  You can't tell me Reagan was for a bloated big controlling government.



You can words like "new class" and "free stuff" but at the end of the day what you just described was trickle down.

Let me be perfectly clear on this, whether Reagan said he was for big bloated controlling gov't or not, that's exactly what you got.

Let actions be the deciding factor in this argument.


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20741600 -

starfire_xes said:
Citizen X said:
starfire_xes said:
Enlil, you fail to understand that FailCom, along with most progressives, are actually tuned into the 'New Class' type of society in which a huge, bloated government and its associates and elite leaders control everything and everyone that isn't a member of the new class.  They have the best pay, benefits, etc, and dole out the Free Stuff to keep the lower classes on their hind legs slobbering for more scraps.

The theory of it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_class



You just defined Reaganomics aka trickle down economics to the T




actually that defines the old communist Russia to a T.  That's the origin of the 'New Class.'  You can't tell me Reagan was for a bloated big controlling government.



Well, if he grew the size of gov't doesn't that make it true? If you say it isn't true, what did he do to make gov't less controlling?


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20741602 -

starfire_xes said:



actually that defines the old communist Russia to a T.  That's the origin of the 'New Class.'  You can't tell me Reagan was for a bloated big controlling government.



Well, if he grew the size of gov't doesn't that make it true? If you say it isn't true, what did he do to make gov't less controlling?


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 79% of Americans want Campaign Finance Reform, Senate Republicans say Fuck You [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20741718 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Yes, it did.  Political speech is pretty much any speech that includes politics.  I have no concerns about political speech, except I believe there should be a limit to how much any one person can spend to push their views onto others.  I gave lots of examples for you of what I felt is ok and what is not ok and why.



Examples don't answer the question....unless you're suggesting that we define political speech by what YOU say is and isn't political speech.

If you can't articulate an objective test to determine what is and isn't political speech, then just say so.  There's no shame in that.  I know I wouldn't be able to.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* LP Release: F/911 & "Campaign Finance Reform" Anonymous 417 0 07/06/04 07:32 AM
by Anonymous
* a enacid 942 7 07/25/06 01:03 PM
by StroFun
* Why Americans Must Vote for John Kerry
( 1 2 3 all )
Zahid 4,935 40 08/29/04 02:08 PM
by Zahid
* Campaign Overhaul unbeliever 502 2 10/26/04 02:32 PM
by JesusChrist
* Bush's campaign commercial silversoul7 901 10 11/24/03 03:50 PM
by Azmodeus
* FEC Proposal to Gag Non-Profit Organizations EchoVortex 685 1 03/31/04 01:04 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Faux News RadioActiveSlug 531 3 04/02/03 09:41 PM
by RadioActiveSlug
* Bush Supports Ban on Assault Weapons
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 4,465 42 05/10/03 11:30 AM
by Xlea321

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,615 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.