Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Fucking Money
    #2063149 - 11/01/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How do all you guys make a living?
My financial situation is really getting me down lately.... I've never been the type to really care about money or material possesions....but the grim reality of the necessity of money has hit me like a wall of bricks....it is a necessary evil

I've been working two jobs for the past 6 months in order to make ends meet and to have at least a little bit of spending cash......

My fulltime day job is a fucking joke though.....its a machine shop....owned by a brother and sister.....they are spoiled little brats who were handed the company after their father passed away(10 years ago).....well i've been there 3 years.....only had one raise...i now make a commanding 8 an hour...woohoo :P .....i could easily write a book about the idiosycracies of this god damned hell hole.....but the jist of it is that they dont give a shit for the employees....they refuse to go and look for new work/customers.....they are greedy assfuckers.......
to top that all off.....:the brother is a fucking pedophile.....we found him out a bit ago and someone turned him in(this is a whole nother story in its own...... well this happened a month and a half ago.....the cops came and took all his shit the day he was turned in....they still have yet to arrest him(as far as we know).......the sister dont give a damn(even though the brother has been molesting his daughter/her niece for the past 15 years.....)

The economy is shit right now....this field(maching/manufacturing) is all going overseas now....work is scarce

So finding a 'better' job in the same field is hard to do(around my parts anyway)....

My second job is with my father....he works the dayjob with me....but we have our own machine shop parttime........
Its all really getting old now.....its so fucking hard to get ahead in this damned business......we dont really make big money.....we dont really lose any money......we are at the mercy of our two asshole customers....they never pay on time....they expect work done for practically free......
i dont know where im going with this now.....ummm
well anyway....yesterday my dad tells me he wants to sell the shop....says he's totally fed up with all the shit.....he's been doing this for over 30 years....he doesnt drive a nice car, doesnt have a fat bank roll.....30 years of keeping the hope alive and trying to at least make a comfortable living.....

we've kicked around lots of ideas......but its hard to get somehing going when you have to work a fulltime dayjob....work our shop partime to at least keep the doors open and pay the bills......

i dunno......i just had to get this out......

back to the drawing board for me :frown: 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Fucking Money [Re: DazedSol]
    #2064254 - 11/02/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

my finances are all fucked up too...so i understand your frustration. i go to school full time, and tuition is fucking tough. my dad helps me out alot though, so thats cool, but he cant pay all of it...so i also work full time at a jack in the box making a crummy 5.75 an hour, only to turn my whole check at the end of the week to tuition, bills, gas, etc...maybe have 20 bucks left over, which i usually use for cigs for the week....it sucks, i hate money. but your right, in our society you HAVE to have it...your only other choice is living on the streets. money is fake, just little bits on paper, metal...and not so much even that anymore....for the most part nowadays wealth is summed up by a peice of information stored on a computer somewhere...i hate it. but what can we do? anyway, good luck man, i hope you figure something out

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Fucking Money [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2064267 - 11/02/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

stop smoking all your left over money, then you can complain

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Fucking Money [Re: zeta]
    #2065269 - 11/02/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

bah! :razz: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Fucking Money [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2065516 - 11/02/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just finish college and then everything should be fine if u get a really good job after college, I still have 2 years of high school, damn, it's gonna be hell after high school.

Running a small business is hard as shit these days. My dad lost his bussiness, we are losing a lot of shit because of no money, my familiy's friend lost her business and had to file for bankcrupcy, life is fuckin hard.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (11/02/03 03:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order