Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
Worst Year of my Life
    #2058483 - 10/30/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Out of all my years here on earth this has been the worst god damn one. For the most part im a happy and very stable person, but ever since I got laid-off from my job last year it's all gone down hill. I've had numerous jobs, but the best i've had so far was as a security guard at a chemical plant. It was a friggin cake walk.. 12 hours of sleeping, smoking, and patrolling on occassion. Once you get away with one thing, you go a little farther... and a little farther.. until you get busted. Got fired after a few months, didn't hurt me too much as the economy wasnt all screwed up like it is now- Its funny how sometimes the only way you know the right thing to do in life, is to fuck up and fail at it first. So I found an even better paying job, though I had to actually work for the money.. it felt good to know that I earned it, even though my body was always tired, I was proud of myself.

I work there a few months and then get laid-off. I've been unemployed ever since! Theres just no one hiring these days, been everywhere. But anyway, a jobs a job and we've all been through our fair share, I know in time i'll find another. But a few weeks after I was laid-off off a lot of bullshit went down. My best friend for years came to my house and while there stole over 300 Bars (xanax). He was totaly fucked up on those things for the prior 2 weeks and was just fiending his ass off... was like a downward spiral. I dont take pills, i just enjoy smoking and mushrooms, had gotten them to try and re-up since I got laid-off. things were going good too.. but once that happened i was flat broke. Thats not what bothered me though, him backstabbing me broke my damn heart. Before that I was a very trusting person and helpful to all my friends, but since that its made me very paranoid and cautious.. cold hearted almost. A few months later my other good friend moved in with me for awhile.. he eventually got his own place and pretty much dropped out of contact forever, after he had stayed with me without having to pay rent.. eating my food, etc. I've had a lot of good friends backstab in my life, but these 2 were some of the closest people to me.

I was always alright then, I could smoke some bud if I was feeling down, had my girl, and still had 2 friends I know I can trust. About 5 months ago I was arrested for possession of MJ, got 6 months probation. 70 hours of community service, a drug class, a seperate drug addiction class which i go to for 2 hours a day every tuesday and thursday (for fuckin weed!), monthly piss test ofcourse, over a thousand dollars in fines.. etc. One of my biggest joys in life is weed, so this has been pretty fuckin rough.

Got into a wreck with my car a month ago... gotta have icing on the cake ya know? still runs but its banged up, piece of shit. My Fiancee is leaving for the army in a month..
This isnt the half of it, but the post is getting a bit long.. Right now im actually doing pretty good, 1 more month until im off probation, I have a feeling things will get better then. I still have 2 best friends, like brothers to me.. I think back on how I might be down sometimes before all this happened, even when I had a job... and how I took it for granted when I should of been thankful for what I had. Sometimes bad shit has to happen so you can learn from it and make sure it doesnt happen again. When you hit rock bottom the only way is back up as they say.

Anyone know what im talking about? How life can be so good yet you take it for granted, and always find something to bitch about.. something to get upset over..? When in reality you should be having a blast- got money, got a good woman, friends, a decent car lol.

Us humans can never be satisfied eh?

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Worst Year of my Life [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #2058569 - 10/30/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've never been one that was good with words and consoling people, but this year has been my absolute worst too. I took everything for granted and now my life is just falling apart. Just hold on to the things closest to you and everything else will fall into place soon enough. Good luck man.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2058625 - 10/30/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This is a reply for the both of you.

Life always has it's ups and downs and it's true that we do take things for granted. We get so used to having things the way they are, that when they're gone, we miss them dearly. We always say 'I'll never take that for granted again' but we nearly always seem to. Try to remember to take in some things that we normally take for granted: A beautiful sunset, a hike, etc.. Remember the small things that make you happy.

Also, without experiencing the hard times in life, we can't truly enjoy the good things in life. If you are going thru a hard time, it makes the good times even more enjoyable when you experience them. Life can not stay bad forever. If it did, we wouldn't even know it was bad, because we wouldn't know what good was, so we couldn't compare the two. Don't forget that.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Worst Year of my Life [Re: sykobish]
    #2058667 - 10/30/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Will you marry me?  :loveeyes: :grin:

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
    #2058668 - 10/30/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I can honestly say I wont be taking life for granted again, atleast not to the extent I did before. I've always appreciated things in life regardless, but now that ive hit the bottom and everything that could go wrong DID, im not gonna let things get to this point again. no more mistakes.

It's also been the worst year for both of my close friends.. Loss of their jobs, cars... This years just plain shitty for everyone! heh

--------------------

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2058866 - 10/30/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

dont say no more mistakes... because as humans, thats how we grow... we make mistakes, and we learn.

Just dont repeat the ones youve already made.

I know the feeling dude, i had a shitty few years. It does get better... something will happen, but you have to MAKE it happen. Yea, the job market sucks... but ive bagged peoples grocerys before, and id do it again if i had to. I also ended up working at a gas station for 3 years. at first, it was a real shitty job, but by the time i gave my 2 weeks notice, i was really sad to leave the place.

There is hope dude, as long as you keep trying.

we are here for you

--------------------

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Re: Worst Year of my Life [Re: Suffer]
    #2058926 - 10/30/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Just dont repeat the ones youve already made."

Thats what i mean't :smile:
Im not depressed or anything, feeling pretty content actually. Was just thinking..

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Worst Year of my Life [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2058986 - 10/30/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MMerletto said:
Will you marry me?  :loveeyes: :grin: 

Sure.  How does next week sound?  Tuesday? :wink:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#2058996 - 10/30/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Another thing to remember, is no matter how bad the situation is, it could ALWAYS be worse. When the going gets rough, appreciate what you DO have, and build from there.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2059474 - 10/31/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Amen sister! :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Worst Year of my Life [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2059645 - 10/31/03 01:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: :kiss: :grin:

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds