Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Problems on acid
    #2056524 - 10/30/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I posted this in Support Group recently and didn't get much of a response, so I decided to try again here as it's still taking up a bit of my mind.

--------------------------

I recently dropped cid for the first time. Just one hit. It was all quite mellow, for a couple of hours, until I smoked some weed. Then I started to freak out.

For some reason I got extremely paranoid, especially about one of the other guys in the room (they were trippin too - 2 hits each). I felt I couldn't look at anyone, and I basically completely ignored them. I heard them starting to talk bout me but I kept ignoring them. I really don't know why. I know all the guys quite well and got on reasonably well with them (my main friend in the group, who I was meant to be trippin with had had to retire to bed cos he was too fucked, on drink too). I was acting like a complete twat, just ignoring everything. But then they started playing with my mind. They'd start making funny noises and saying shit bout me, and then finally I responded by looking at them, and they'd pretend they'd been talking about something completely different, and I'd been imagining the noises and everyting they'd been saying bout me. When I finally tried confronting them about it, obviously it sounded completely mental and they started accusing me of gibbering. I totally didn't know what to do, and kept tripping harder so it got worse and worse. They kept doing it for ages, at least over an hour, until I finally left. So basically, I just completely freaked out and started acting very weird. One of the guys was more decent and didn't really fuck with me that much, he even explained about psychological problems on acid and "they're quite easy to deal with".

I've heard about people suffering psychotic episodes, was this one? I'd be extremely worried if it was, cause i've never had anything like that before and I'm quite experienced with mushrooms. It was a completely new and worrying experience.

I know I was acting seriously weird but I still can't understand why the guys were being such jerks, even though they were tripping out. They're not people I really hang around with at all, all my other friends are at college and uni, as I am, but they're the first and only people I know with acid. So maybe it was a bad choice of trip setting but I did know them quite well, and as I say, I got on with them fine before. Maybe they were just being freaked out by me acting like a weirdo?

This is so strange for me cause it's so completely different with what I'm usually like on mushrooms and weed.

I'm planning to take a complete break from psychadelics for a good while, maybe permanantly, even give up the weed, cos I don't want anything like this happening again. Just alcohol and the pub!

Hearing from people with experience would be great.

Cheers

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Problems on acid [Re: mr_kite]
    #2056570 - 10/30/03 08:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Once again, Do you normally get paranoid when you smoke weed?

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

Offlinespleen
DisgruntledEmployee

Loc: Southern England
    #2056572 - 10/30/03 08:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It does sound like a classic case of a bad setting for a first time experience with acid leading to a vicious circle of thought processes, freaking you out and possibly affecting the other two.

>>This is so strange for me cause it's so completely different with what I'm usually like on mushrooms and weed.

That's because acid really is a totally different beast to shrooms and weed :smile: IMHO acid can be a lot more colder and alien in feel compared to, say, shrooms, but given the choice I'd take acid in preference anyday of the week :smile:
It's tragic that your first use of this brilliant chemical has been a negative one - I just wish I could get hold of some in my neck of the woods!

I really wouldn't dwell too much on it - just learn from the experience and move on.

--------------------
-->
You don't succeed because you hesitate, you think we're flying but we levitate...

Anonymous

Re: Problems on acid [Re: spleen]
    #2056576 - 10/30/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

^^^

That's good advice...

bf6

Anonymous

#2056587 - 10/30/03 08:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like some people just gave you a bad trip

don't blame the drugs just blame them

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#2056606 - 10/30/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Like Shrooms & Weed, Acid & Weed is a hit or miss situation. IMO about a 50/50 chance of a great trip, or a bad trip.

Smoking weed while tripping can help you 'break through' and hit that crystal clear, incredible high!

However, weed induced paranoia can seriously fuck up a trip. Just because you don't normally get paranoid on weed, doesn't mean that your pschedelica induced increased vulnerablity mental-state  :smirk: won't be susceptible to it's possible paranoia-induced effects.

It's a gamble you take. If you're gonna mix lsd/shrooms with weed you have to do as much as possible in preperation to avoid a bad trip.

--------------------

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#2056614 - 10/30/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm planning to take a complete break from psychadelics for a good while, maybe permanantly,

Heh, now where have I heard that before. Give yourself some time, and use the experience as a lesson learnt.

And as an old hippy friend would say:

There's no substitution for preperation.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Problems on acid [Re: Jackal]
    #2056622 - 10/30/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Preperation is key to a good experience.

More good advice.

bf6

Offlineclam_dude
stranger in astrange land

Loc: twilight zone
    #2057320 - 10/30/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've personally never had a bad acid trip, and i've done 3 or 4 high doses. But one time, I had a real bad shroom trip. I was seriously not having fun. But honestly, if turn on some really happy music, it will completely turn the trip around and make it way better.

I'm often like really dark music such as tool and stuff, but if i'm trippin, it sometimes freaks me out. But happy music, (phish is a good example) will often take a bad experience and turn it upside down.

Mind you, if the people you are tripping with don't want to listen to the same music as you, that can cause problems. So make sure that everyone has similar tastes in music.

I mean, if some jerks want to fuck with you by playing some ultra dark and gloomy music, that's not cool at all. They probably think it's funny, but music can have a serious psychological effect. For this reason, happy music is the way to go when tripping.

--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Problems on acid [Re: clam_dude]
    #2060892 - 10/31/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Cheers for the advice, and sorry I didn't reply quicker (and at all - bloodflower!).

I guess i really wasn't expecting the weed to be a big deal, I didn't realise it would affect the trip so much. In future i'll be more careful.. I still put a fair bit of the blame on my "friends" for being such major wanks, but I probably was just underprepared for the acid being so different to shrooms.. can't believe I was so stupid.

A well, lesson learnt..

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag