Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20521444 -

no the high is not everything I halve taken low doses where u don't get high say a half a gram definitely works as an antidepressant realitivly no sideeffects except slightly elevated blood pressure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: xanadu_poppy]
    #20521480 -

I'd like to see more studies on this. If you have any studies on low dose psilocybin treating depression I'd be glad to see them, but if you're just telling me this from your own experience then I have to cite the fact that the placebo effect is very real...especially with something as difficult to operationally define as depression


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Q.I]
    #20521537 -

Q.I said:
PrimalSoup said:
What would a flatworm's perception of death be...

God, this is the ragged edge of raggedness.



I take it you think that your time is too valuable to consider whether you are causing suffering to a fellow creature.

I'm sure you wouldn't be of that opinion if there was another creature who was stronger than you and it was your life and suffering that was in the balance.



Well beyond the ragged edge of raggedness. :lol:

:peace:PS


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20521568 -

AndyCP said:
As the title states, I am becoming somewhat let down by how many people are using psychedelics wrongly; or "abusing" them. Psychedelics are a blessing, in a way. They help people in so many ways, they are seemingly perfectly healthy to use, a built-in immediate tolerance, and they help open people's' minds and imaginations and are just all around amazing drugs.

That being said, I see so many users on here who are either blatantly or are implying that they just take these drugs to get fucked up and nothing more. I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy and all that jazz, but I just expected more from the small community that is users of psychedelics. How can you take shrooms or acid and actually have no intention of getting anything positive out of it other than having a "awesome time, bro"? Why not just do coke and get the same insight about yourself (Other drugs, etc.)? I used to think psychedelics were very hard to abuse but now I'm starting to see the other side. Just kind of disappointing is all. Because now I know why there is such a negative stigma about these drugs. I literally pour out my feelings on how amazingly awesome these drugs are, to my friends who don't do them, about how they just make me a better person and broaden my outlooks and everything that's stressing me can be put on the back burner.

I don't know. There'll always be those people I guess.



Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to use drugs? You're so full of contradictory shit its funny. "Oh I'm all about users doing whatever makes you happy but if you do XYZ I think less of you even though I'm all about whatever makes you happy"

Psychedelics are just drugs, artificial feelings, artificial experiences.

It's people like you that make me laugh at the psychedelic community who think of it as "blessings" with no negatives, no they are mere experiences which you can either take good or bad from.

It's people like you that seem to forget that these drugs can break people and can do negative things to the mind but you seem to think "they are amazingly awesome". There are two sides to the coin.

If DRUGS make you a better person, I have doubts about who you really are and what you are really all about. You don't need drugs to be a good or better person and trying to convince your friends that psychedelics makes you a BETTER person is ridiculous. I was a good person before drugs and still am today. It makes you think differently for awhile, but it won't shake the core of who you truly are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: neuroshaman]
    #20521617 -

neuroshaman said:
I'd like to see more studies on this. If you have any studies on low dose psilocybin treating depression I'd be glad to see them, but if you're just telling me this from your own experience then I have to cite the fact that the placebo effect is very real...especially with something as difficult to operationally define as depression



Definitely has effect on depression.  I'm bipolar and one of the main reason I grow mushrooms is because they flip me right out of the depressive phase and into mania - resets the clock on all that somehow.  Works.  :thumbup:

:peace:PS


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Uzziel]
    #20521634 -

do u even know what drugs are? food is a drug it has health benefits and can change your body physically and mentally. what if u have an imbalance in seretonin or your frontal lobe was damaged should u not take a drug that would correct this? or are pharmaceutical drugs the only ones u deem okay?
I dont know why u feel its so hard to believe low doses of serotonin could relieve deppression I mean shit look at the receptors it hits of serotonin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: xanadu_poppy]
    #20521680 -

xanadu_poppy said:
do u even know what drugs are? food is a drug it has health benefits and can change your body physically and mentally. what if u have an imbalance in seretonin or your frontal lobe was damaged should u not take a drug that would correct this? or are pharmaceutical drugs the only ones u deem okay?
I dont know why u feel its so hard to believe low doses of serotonin could relieve deppression I mean shit look at the receptors it hits of serotonin.



Food is not a drug, at least in the traditional sense of the word


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Uzziel]
    #20521693 -

Quote:
Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to use drugs? You're so full of contradictory shit its funny. "Oh I'm all about users doing whatever makes you happy but if you do XYZ I think less of you even though I'm all about whatever makes you happy"

Psychedelics are just drugs, artificial feelings, artificial experiences.

It's people like you that make me laugh at the psychedelic community who think of it as "blessings" with no negatives, no they are mere experiences which you can either take good or bad from.

It's people like you that seem to forget that these drugs can break people and can do negative things to the mind but you seem to think "they are amazingly awesome". There are two sides to the coin.

If DRUGS make you a better person, I have doubts about who you really are and what you are really all about. You don't need drugs to be a good or better person and trying to convince your friends that psychedelics makes you a BETTER person is ridiculous. I was a good person before drugs and still am today. It makes you think differently for awhile, but it won't shake the core of who you truly are.



I am myself, who tells people how they should use drugs, I guess. And it is not contradictory to say that I'm for doing what makes you happy. That is objective. However, subjectively I will think you are a piece of human garbage if all you ever want to do with any drug is just get fucked up. Hence why I don't hang out with the people I used to. Cool people, but literally had to  be high from the moment they wake until they went to bed. Boring, boring stoners.

And who says the thoughts and feelings you get from psychedelics are not real? Pretty sure they are still your thoughts and feelings. Even though they are a little overloaded and clouded, still came from your brain.

While I agree psychedelics are not for everyone, I believe a lot, if not the majority of people, can benefit from them if they actually wanted to. I'm not perpetuating the idea that depressed or mentally unstable people should seek psychedelics as the answer. However, those of us that can handle them, and use them in a way that even gives us the delusion that we're broadening our horizons, bettering ourselves, etc. then what is the problem? Placebo effect, right? Getting fucked up for the thrill of getting fucked up versus getting fucked up because you believe in your head it'll better you; The Endless Discussion!


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: neuroshaman]
    #20521738 -

DRUG
a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. Also if food is not a drug why are so many people addicted to it.

Edited by xanadu_poppy (09/04/14 10:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: xanadu_poppy]
    #20521781 -

xanadu_poppy said:
DRUG
a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. Also if food is not a drug why are so many people addicted to it.



If you're going to look at it that when then anything and everything in the world is a drug and that's just stupid :facepalm:

Here at the shroomery we define a drug as something that crosses the blood brain barrier


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: neuroshaman]
    #20521866 -

I think u should do some more research on how Psilocin reacts with the brain. It almost sounds like your saying any drug that has the potential to get you high has to be used that way for it to work medicinally.

Edited by xanadu_poppy (09/04/14 10:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Uzziel]
    #20521941 -

Uzziel said:
AndyCP said:
As the title states, I am becoming somewhat let down by how many people are using psychedelics wrongly; or "abusing" them. Psychedelics are a blessing, in a way. They help people in so many ways, they are seemingly perfectly healthy to use, a built-in immediate tolerance, and they help open people's' minds and imaginations and are just all around amazing drugs.

That being said, I see so many users on here who are either blatantly or are implying that they just take these drugs to get fucked up and nothing more. I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy and all that jazz, but I just expected more from the small community that is users of psychedelics. How can you take shrooms or acid and actually have no intention of getting anything positive out of it other than having a "awesome time, bro"? Why not just do coke and get the same insight about yourself (Other drugs, etc.)? I used to think psychedelics were very hard to abuse but now I'm starting to see the other side. Just kind of disappointing is all. Because now I know why there is such a negative stigma about these drugs. I literally pour out my feelings on how amazingly awesome these drugs are, to my friends who don't do them, about how they just make me a better person and broaden my outlooks and everything that's stressing me can be put on the back burner.

I don't know. There'll always be those people I guess.



Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to use drugs? You're so full of contradictory shit its funny. "Oh I'm all about users doing whatever makes you happy but if you do XYZ I think less of you even though I'm all about whatever makes you happy"

Psychedelics are just drugs, artificial feelings, artificial experiences.

It's people like you that make me laugh at the psychedelic community who think of it as "blessings" with no negatives, no they are mere experiences which you can either take good or bad from.

It's people like you that seem to forget that these drugs can break people and can do negative things to the mind but you seem to think "they are amazingly awesome". There are two sides to the coin.

If DRUGS make you a better person, I have doubts about who you really are and what you are really all about. You don't need drugs to be a good or better person and trying to convince your friends that psychedelics makes you a BETTER person is ridiculous. I was a good person before drugs and still am today. It makes you think differently for awhile, but it won't shake the core of who you truly are.



What does artificial mean? Are you implying that what you see around you on a normal, day to day basis is "real?" What does "real" mean?"

What does "good" and "bad" mean? What is "negative?" Could "negative" just be a category that people put specific feelings into because they lack the emotional intelligence to properly identify and regulate/understand those feelings?


--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement



Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: mandrin13]
    #20522070 -

mandrin13 said:
FYI: Hair is a terrible example, it is dead protein, no point in trying to compare it to a living organism.




The point isn't whether the hair is "alive" or not, but whether it's connected to nerves and brain. If dead cells were connected to nerves, and the nerves transmitted that they were being cut, there would be pain. It's the nerves connected to the brain that cause the pain -- not whether the cells are alive or not. There are many instances of dead cells surrounding and pushing against nerves, that cause pain - like, e.g., when someone pulls out one of those "dead" hairs.

Edited by Q.I (09/04/14 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: moonsphere]
    #20522132 -

moonsphere said:
Uzziel said:
AndyCP said:
As the title states, I am becoming somewhat let down by how many people are using psychedelics wrongly; or "abusing" them. Psychedelics are a blessing, in a way. They help people in so many ways, they are seemingly perfectly healthy to use, a built-in immediate tolerance, and they help open people's' minds and imaginations and are just all around amazing drugs.

That being said, I see so many users on here who are either blatantly or are implying that they just take these drugs to get fucked up and nothing more. I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy and all that jazz, but I just expected more from the small community that is users of psychedelics. How can you take shrooms or acid and actually have no intention of getting anything positive out of it other than having a "awesome time, bro"? Why not just do coke and get the same insight about yourself (Other drugs, etc.)? I used to think psychedelics were very hard to abuse but now I'm starting to see the other side. Just kind of disappointing is all. Because now I know why there is such a negative stigma about these drugs. I literally pour out my feelings on how amazingly awesome these drugs are, to my friends who don't do them, about how they just make me a better person and broaden my outlooks and everything that's stressing me can be put on the back burner.

I don't know. There'll always be those people I guess.



Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to use drugs? You're so full of contradictory shit its funny. "Oh I'm all about users doing whatever makes you happy but if you do XYZ I think less of you even though I'm all about whatever makes you happy"

Psychedelics are just drugs, artificial feelings, artificial experiences.

It's people like you that make me laugh at the psychedelic community who think of it as "blessings" with no negatives, no they are mere experiences which you can either take good or bad from.

It's people like you that seem to forget that these drugs can break people and can do negative things to the mind but you seem to think "they are amazingly awesome". There are two sides to the coin.

If DRUGS make you a better person, I have doubts about who you really are and what you are really all about. You don't need drugs to be a good or better person and trying to convince your friends that psychedelics makes you a BETTER person is ridiculous. I was a good person before drugs and still am today. It makes you think differently for awhile, but it won't shake the core of who you truly are.



What does artificial mean? Are you implying that what you see around you on a normal, day to day basis is "real?" What does "real" mean?"

What does "good" and "bad" mean? What is "negative?" Could "negative" just be a category that people put specific feelings into because they lack the emotional intelligence to properly identify and regulate/understand those feelings?



It means it won't ever happen without the use of external means. It's artifical. The things you feel on psychedelics are not real, they are hallucinations of the mind, while you may disagree with this notion they are even classified as hallucinogens. They make you see and feel things that aren't real and some people take the notion to an entirely different level.

Psychedelics are just a tool, a means to an end, if you get something positive from it, fine, whatever. But like any dangerous tool, it can backfire.

If you don't know what positive or negative means then there is nothing to discuss with you because you don't understand language. Lay off the drugs yeah?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Uzziel]
    #20522282 -

Uzziel said:
moonsphere said:
Uzziel said:
AndyCP said:
As the title states, I am becoming somewhat let down by how many people are using psychedelics wrongly; or "abusing" them. Psychedelics are a blessing, in a way. They help people in so many ways, they are seemingly perfectly healthy to use, a built-in immediate tolerance, and they help open people's' minds and imaginations and are just all around amazing drugs.

That being said, I see so many users on here who are either blatantly or are implying that they just take these drugs to get fucked up and nothing more. I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy and all that jazz, but I just expected more from the small community that is users of psychedelics. How can you take shrooms or acid and actually have no intention of getting anything positive out of it other than having a "awesome time, bro"? Why not just do coke and get the same insight about yourself (Other drugs, etc.)? I used to think psychedelics were very hard to abuse but now I'm starting to see the other side. Just kind of disappointing is all. Because now I know why there is such a negative stigma about these drugs. I literally pour out my feelings on how amazingly awesome these drugs are, to my friends who don't do them, about how they just make me a better person and broaden my outlooks and everything that's stressing me can be put on the back burner.

I don't know. There'll always be those people I guess.



Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to use drugs? You're so full of contradictory shit its funny. "Oh I'm all about users doing whatever makes you happy but if you do XYZ I think less of you even though I'm all about whatever makes you happy"

Psychedelics are just drugs, artificial feelings, artificial experiences.

It's people like you that make me laugh at the psychedelic community who think of it as "blessings" with no negatives, no they are mere experiences which you can either take good or bad from.

It's people like you that seem to forget that these drugs can break people and can do negative things to the mind but you seem to think "they are amazingly awesome". There are two sides to the coin.

If DRUGS make you a better person, I have doubts about who you really are and what you are really all about. You don't need drugs to be a good or better person and trying to convince your friends that psychedelics makes you a BETTER person is ridiculous. I was a good person before drugs and still am today. It makes you think differently for awhile, but it won't shake the core of who you truly are.



What does artificial mean? Are you implying that what you see around you on a normal, day to day basis is "real?" What does "real" mean?"

What does "good" and "bad" mean? What is "negative?" Could "negative" just be a category that people put specific feelings into because they lack the emotional intelligence to properly identify and regulate/understand those feelings?



It means it won't ever happen without the use of external means. It's artifical. The things you feel on psychedelics are not real, they are hallucinations of the mind, while you may disagree with this notion they are even classified as hallucinogens. They make you see and feel things that aren't real and some people take the notion to an entirely different level.

Psychedelics are just a tool, a means to an end, if you get something positive from it, fine, whatever. But like any dangerous tool, it can backfire.

If you don't know what positive or negative means then there is nothing to discuss with you because you don't understand language. Lay off the drugs yeah?



Damn dude, I didn't know you had such a profound and omniscient knowledge of existence to be able to make claims like that.

Are you God?


--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement



Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: moonsphere]
    #20522376 -

This thread.



:peace:PS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #20523616 -

Yeah this thread has turned into a fucking shitshow


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20523649 -

Op- apparently the psychedelic community is also somewhat let down by you as of late.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #20523653 -

PrimalSoup said:
This thread.



:peace:PS



Comparatively VERY impressive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20523665 -

AndyCP said:
As the title states, I am becoming somewhat let down by how many people are using psychedelics wrongly; or "abusing" them. Psychedelics are a blessing, in a way. They help people in so many ways, they are seemingly perfectly healthy to use, a built-in immediate tolerance, and they help open people's' minds and imaginations and are just all around amazing drugs.

That being said, I see so many users on here who are either blatantly or are implying that they just take these drugs to get fucked up and nothing more. I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy and all that jazz, but I just expected more from the small community that is users of psychedelics. How can you take shrooms or acid and actually have no intention of getting anything positive out of it other than having a "awesome time, bro"? Why not just do coke and get the same insight about yourself (Other drugs, etc.)? I used to think psychedelics were very hard to abuse but now I'm starting to see the other side. Just kind of disappointing is all. Because now I know why there is such a negative stigma about these drugs. I literally pour out my feelings on how amazingly awesome these drugs are, to my friends who don't do them, about how they just make me a better person and broaden my outlooks and everything that's stressing me can be put on the back burner.

I don't know. There'll always be those people I guess.




Hahahaha....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? hpnotiq 2,907 19 12/24/04 05:53 PM
by twilight715
* Today in psychedelic history (05/05)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 6,460 21 05/05/26 05:01 AM
by Learyfan
* 'Coming out' of psychedelic experiences years later? jdawg333 1,123 4 05/06/21 06:26 AM
by redgreenvines
* How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
( 1 2 all )
psikooz 4,286 20 03/17/04 05:01 PM
by Psiloman
* Psychedellic Appreciation Day TODAY 2,214 14 05/04/05 10:12 PM
by TODAY
* Improved performance on psychedelics? Twirling 2,588 16 12/12/17 10:55 PM
by Magic-mike24
* Psychedelics and messed-up things that happened to you in the past. AsanteM 1,542 17 05/06/21 02:13 PM
by redgreenvines
* Conscructing the Psychedelic Experience Kid 8,762 14 05/30/17 10:50 AM
by CactiLover

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
13,045 topic views. 0 members, 26 guests and 53 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.