Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: moonsphere]
    #20519281 -

moonsphere said:
It's not that I don't think people take them to get fucked up. They definitely do.

I think that some people are incapable of using them to achieve a level of consciousness. Some people can, some people can't. Our brain chemistry is different, but I also don't rule out there is more to the psychedelic experience than just brain chemistry. For those unable to reach a truly higher state, that's all the drugs will ever be for them; a party drug. If you sell, those are the people you "sell" to.

Some people are able to utilize them to their full potential. Those are the people you give freely to.

It's pretty easy to tell who is in which category. Personally, if I take LSD, I don't use any other substance with it because I don't use it to achieve a certain "feeling" or "high." It's never been about that for me. It allows me to ascend to a higher level of awareness and I don't like to alter that state because it teaches me so much every time.

When I first started using LSD, it was fun, but it wasn't satisfying. Everyone else around me seemed to be satisfied with just sitting around looking at pictures or watching Youtube videos. It's really hard for me to be around people who are just trying to "have a good time" with it or "going with the party." 

For me, tripping has never been about experiencing a "good trip." They are nice, and I can achieve them, but I don't really take LSD for "fun." I take it because it shows me things that others cannot see.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to have fun with LSD, it can be fun. I just feel like a lot of people take it with too many expectations or feeling entitled to a "fun time." People should stop focusing on what they want the trip to be and just allow the trip to be what it is.

People get defensive when I say this because they feel like I'm being condescending for saying that certain people are incapable of achieving a higher state of awareness. It's not the case, incapability isn't a negative thing or a lower thing, it's just how people are wired.

Believe me, there are times when I wish I could just take some doses with my friends and go do stupid shit, but it's not something that I'm capable of. I didn't ask for these chemicals to affect me the way they do. I just want people to be aware that they do different things for different people. I think a lot of people who have "bad trips" are probably trying to utilize the chemicals as party drugs while they are actually capable of using them on a much higher level, they should embrace their brain chemistry and see how deep the rabbit hole goes...



There was nothing wrong with this post at all, pbwriter.  You just chose to get offended by it. And then make a lame, oblique response.  :shrug:

Moonsphere is right - like it or not, there are different responses in people to these drugs.  Some, even some who've posted extensively on these forums, never get past the "it just fucks me up" part.  There IS no higher response for them.  The literally CAN'T get more out of it than that, no matter how hard they try.

Maybe their brain chemistry is different, maybe their genetics are different, maybe their senses are different, hell, maybe they lack some so called "psychic" sense and it's like the difference between those people who genuinely seem to access the so called supernatural aspects of reality and all the rest that don't - and historically have persecuted the former for it.  Hell, I don't know. Sometimes I don't even want to know, I just wish the rest of them would fuck off.  But the studies would be interesting, if they could be done ethically.

:peace:PS


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (09/04/14 03:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #20519395 -

PrimalSoup said:
What would a flatworm's perception of death be...

God, this is the ragged edge of raggedness.



I take it you think that your time is too valuable to consider whether you are causing suffering to a fellow creature.

I'm sure you wouldn't be of that opinion if there was another creature who was stronger than you and it was your life and suffering that was in the balance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Q.I]
    #20519411 -

Q.I said:
PrimalSoup said:
What would a flatworm's perception of death be...

God, this is the ragged edge of raggedness.



I take it you think that your time is too valuable to consider whether you are causing suffering to a fellow creature.

I'm sure you wouldn't be of that opinion if there was another creature who was stronger than you and it was your life and suffering that was in the balance.



Yo QI, you really need to stop being such a self-righteous prick. Also, I'm pretty sure you don't understand how the animal kingdom works. Animals eat other animals, suffering is a part of life and if you're so against any form of suffering than you obviously don't understand how suffering can be an essential part of life


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: neuroshaman]
    #20519475 -

neuroshaman said:
Yo QI, you really need to stop being such a self-righteous prick.



I'm sure the white slave owners thought the same of the abolitionists.

It wasn't that long ago that the Nazis thought that anyone who wasn't an "Aryan" wasn't human, and therefore could be killed or enslaved without disturbing their "conscience".

And, as I said to PrimalSoup:  I'm sure you wouldn't be of that opinion if there was another creature who was stronger than you and it was your life and suffering that was in the balance.

Quote:
Animals eat other animals, suffering is a part of life



Easy to say when you're not the animal that is being eaten.

And why then, should there be laws against robbery and murder? or -- for that matter -- against cannibalism?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Q.I]
    #20519537 -

ive found serious introspection is best done off drugs... meditation and action will teach you more about yourself than drugs ever could. and when i do do psychedelics i like to go out so every time is a new experience. this week taking some mushrooms and going to the titty bar, so yall have fun staring at ur bellybuttons, suckers! *rides off into the distance on high horse


--------------------
god bless

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Xena]
    #20519559 -

I need help finding out if these guys are active and edible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Jdeadkid]
    #20519705 -

Did you seriously just post that in here haha? Wrong forum, a thread of its own, and nothing to do with identifying shrooms. Nice. Please try again.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20519738 -

AndyCP said:
Did you seriously just post that in here haha? Wrong forum, a thread of its own, and nothing to do with identifying shrooms. Nice. Please try again.



Lmfao that post cracked me up. People are debating the morality of killing living creatures and he just busts in with a picture asking if the mushrooms are actives :lmfao:

I'm gonna give him 5 shrooms for making me laugh.


--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement



Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Jdeadkid]
    #20519750 -

Jdeadkid said:
I need help finding out if these guys are active and edible




YEAAAAAAHHHH DAWWWwwwwggg you got some psilocybe cubensis! eaat em up and HAVvveeeeEEEEE FFFFfffffFFFUuuuuUUUNnnNNNNnNNN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Everything]
    #20519975 -

Hahaha this thread went to hell and back and ID'd shrooms on it's way home.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: Q.I]
    #20520561 -

Q.I said:
Quote:
paperbackwriter said:/
You're making an assumption that because plants and fungi don't experience pain in the manner that we do that they don't experience it at all. 

Anyway here's some videos on how plants respond to external stimuli.



I'm not into watching videos. If you summarize them, I'd read it.

Do you feel pain when someone cuts your hair? That's how it feels when there aren't nerves and a brain attached.

Quote:
You're also begging the question of rather or not it's morally acceptable to eat people with nerve damage



That's the reason I mentioned that plants can regenerate from cut off branches. What would a human's perception of death be if, say, their whole body could regenerate from a cut-off finger?





FYI: Hair is a terrible example, it is dead protein, no point in trying to compare it to a living organism.

Now, back to not having fun.


--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: mandrin13]
    #20520896 -

Quote:
Now, back to not having fun.



Whoa whoa, who isn't having fun here? Tell me now!

Though, this thread has gotten a little off topic and a little tree-hugger-ish.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20521064 -

I didnt read this whole thread as it is to long. But my thought on pylocyben is It can be used for entertainment and also medication if you don't think it can be used as a medication your severely retarded. It basically cures my social anxiety for months also depression mainly due to psilocin hitting the 5-HT-2A SERETONIN receptor. ssris and snri antidepressants hit some of the same receptors as pylocyben but are fuking horrible withdrawls and bassically the dont do the job right.  pylocyben causes Nurogenisis which sientist also belive helps alleviate deppression

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: xanadu_poppy]
    #20521108 -

xanadu_poppy said:
I didnt read this whole thread as it is to long. But my thought on pylocyben is It can be used for entertainment and also medication if you don't think it can be used as a medication your severely retarded. It basically cures my social anxiety for months also depression mainly due to psilocin hitting the 5-HT-2A SERETONIN receptor. ssris and snri antidepressants hit some of the same receptors as pylocyben but are fuking horrible withdrawls and bassically the dont do the job right.  pylocyben causes Nurogenisis which sientist also belive helps alleviate deppression



SSRIs and SNRIs are in no way comparable to psilocybin..SNRIs not at all, SSRIs (besides the fact that they both deal with serotonin) have a very different effect on the brain compared to psilocybin. That's not to say psilocybin doesn't treat depression in its own way, but it does so in different (seemingly far more complex) reasons


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: xanadu_poppy]
    #20521112 -

I feel like you're secretly agreeing with my point of view. I never said psychedelics couldn't be used as medicine. I simply don't agree with disrespecting and misusing them to get high and nothing more. Using them to cure your anxiety and depression is getting something out of them.

Bombing some shrooms and going to a frat party to get smashed and vomit all over your new Ed Hardy shirt would be a good example of not getting something out of them.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20521123 -

actually  I am agreeing with u just not with that u  shouldn't take them for pleause alone nothing wrong with that moderation is key though. and yea I know their nothing like ssris but they do hit some of the same receptors please don't make me repeat myself. ssris also cause nurogenisis but on a much smaller scale

Edited by xanadu_poppy (09/04/14 10:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: ApexNightmare]
    #20521207 -

AndyCP said:
I feel like you're secretly agreeing with my point of view. I never said psychedelics couldn't be used as medicine. I simply don't agree with disrespecting and misusing them to get high and nothing more. Using them to cure your anxiety and depression is getting something out of them.

Bombing some shrooms and going to a frat party to get smashed and vomit all over your new Ed Hardy shirt would be a good example of not getting something out of them.



I do know what you're saying, but even though you aren't using them to party you are using them to get high. We all are, if they didn't get us high we wouldn't be eating them or talking about them right now for that matter.

What you then do while high, and what you learn from this high is a different story


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: neuroshaman]
    #20521234 -

I would take them for the medicinal purpose alone if that is all they produced. but the high is a nice perk too which i believe also is medicinal spiritually.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: xanadu_poppy]
    #20521310 -

xanadu_poppy said:
I would take them for the medicinal purpose alone if that is all they produced. but the high is a nice perk too which i believe also is medicinal spiritually.



The medicinal properties are due to the high though...?


--------------------
I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.          -Kurt Vonnegut

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm somewhat let down by the psychedelic community as of late... [Re: neuroshaman]
    #20521344 -

Ok every single drug worth taking gives you a "high" AKA it affects you. The fact that it gets you high has little merit towards the actual argument here.

Using the high for your benefit is what I'm getting at.


--------------------
Psychedelics experienced:
LSD, Mushrooms, LSA, THC, Salvia Divinorum, DMT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? hpnotiq 2,907 19 12/24/04 07:53 PM
by twilight715
* Today in psychedelic history (05/05)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 6,470 21 05/05/26 07:01 AM
by Learyfan
* 'Coming out' of psychedelic experiences years later? jdawg333 1,129 4 05/06/21 08:26 AM
by redgreenvines
* How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
( 1 2 all )
psikooz 4,288 20 03/17/04 07:01 PM
by Psiloman
* Psychedellic Appreciation Day TODAY 2,214 14 05/05/05 12:12 AM
by TODAY
* Improved performance on psychedelics? Twirling 2,588 16 12/13/17 12:55 AM
by Magic-mike24
* Psychedelics and messed-up things that happened to you in the past. AsanteM 1,543 17 05/06/21 04:13 PM
by redgreenvines
* Conscructing the Psychedelic Experience Kid 8,766 14 05/30/17 12:50 PM
by CactiLover

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
13,046 topic views. 3 members, 82 guests and 45 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.