Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Korean BBQ recipe (re-post from OTD)
    #2043656 - 10/26/03 01:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I managed to get the family korean BBQ recipe from my mom. She learned it from her mom, and her mom learnd it from grandma, etc etc.

In a big bowl, add:

1 cup water
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
4-5 table spoons of sesame oil
1 tea spoon black pepper
2 table spoons (or 5-6 cloves) of fresh, finely minced garlic
3-4 shoots of green onions, chopped into thin diagonal slices (to maximize surface area)

Stir up the mixture. This is your marinade.

For the meat you need shortribs cut perpendicular to the bone. Any other sort of beef would work, but be carefull with the amount of marinade you use.

When washing the meat, do not over soak, just do a really quick rinse in and out of the faucet stream. You don't want to lose the natural flavor of the meat.

Anyhow, if you have your strips of shortrib, dip each one fully emersed into the bowl of marinade, and take it out. Do the dipping process one by one. You just want the surface of the meat doused in the marinade, all the way around.

Once dipped, place the strip into a plastic container (like one of those rectangular rubber made tupperwear).

Continue the dipping process untill you have all your short ribs stacked in the plastic container. DO NOT pour the rest of the marinade on top of the stacked ribs, cuz too much marinade takes the meat flavor out.

Close the plastic container and store in the fridge overnight. Do NOT marinate for any longer than 2 nights because the meat will get spoiled and the natural flavor would just diffuse into the marinade.

For a good indication, the morning after, check the color of the meat. The light brown color of the marinade should be barely penetrating the surface of the short ribs.

For cooking, place aluminum foil over a baking pan sheet and place in the oven, set it to broil. 5 minutes at 450 degrees.

Take out, cut up, enjoy.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Korean BBQ recipe (re-post from OTD) [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #2043743 - 10/26/03 01:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome. I have a similar recipe but with Hoisin(sp?) sauce fer a chinese version.

I wonder how it would taste on Veat... Ill give it a try.

Thanks.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2044838 - 10/26/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Most excellent.  I've had my share of real dank K-bbq livin' in Los Angeles for the better part of my life but up here on the central coast it is harder to come by.  I will definitely give this recipie a shot in the not so distant future :thumbup:

Edit: What about side dishes like pickled cabbage and the like.  Hook us up with a complete course recipie! :grin:

p.s. I love your mom for having food on hand at nearly all times - it makes for quite the pleasurable experience when visiting your casa :spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Edited by geokills (10/26/03 01:41 PM)

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #2045990 - 10/26/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

For cooking, place aluminum foil over a baking pan sheet and place in the oven, set it to broil. 5 minutes at 450 degrees.

Are you sure about this last part? Even marinated short ribs should be cooked low and slow.

The recipe is one that I will try but Im gona cook mine like I usualy do and finish them on an open fire grill.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Korean BBQ recipe (re-post from OTD) [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2046102 - 10/26/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that part's a little wierd.

I dunno, the marinade is the most important thing. Grill it as you'd like.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Korean BBQ recipe (re-post from OTD) [Re: geokills]
    #2049580 - 10/28/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:

Edit: What about side dishes like pickled cabbage and the like.  Hook us up with a complete course recipie! :grin:

I'd love to get my hands on a good kim chi recipe.

Soon... :thumbup: 

--------------------

Offlinejomama
Loc: pasadena, ca
    #2065198 - 11/02/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Bake, shmake...I'd suggest BBQin those babies on a grill....mmmmm. A little char never hurt anyone. Also, theyre delicious with rice and bean paste wrapped up in a Romaine lettuce leaf.

--------------------

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Korean BBQ recipe (re-post from OTD) [Re: jomama]
    #2067261 - 11/03/03 04:36 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i've tried LS recipe and i'd have to say that yeah...that's definately good.

what i had done was turn the stove on to 200C, and just used a rack attachment that's sort of like a grill and had aluminum foil on the bottom for any drippings...worked pretty well

yeah i'd really love some more recipes...there was this korean restaurant i used to frequent called Pine Tree in the SFV...they used to have sidedishes like this shreded radish with carrots which were sweet and tangy, kimchi of course, what looked as if it was cold boiled spinach, a small portion of some omlet, some bean sprouts which were cold and boiled and other things whcih i have forgotten!

i really would like to find out more of that shreded radish with carrots...do u know what i'm talking about LS?

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Korean BBQ recipe (re-post from OTD) [Re: boO]
    #2075836 - 11/06/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that shit is the chronic.

I'll find it, but I'm too stoned right now.

Stupid blunts....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale