Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
rustish colored possible contamination, very small
    #2045666 -

I posted on the wrong forum so I thought I would post ont he correct one with the same question...

I have 5 jars going, some treasure coast some mazatepec. Inside two of the jars there is a very small ammount of redish/orange colored contamination. If the mycelium covers the possible contamination is it ok to use the cakes anyways. is there anything else it could be? If it takes over the jars I will toss them. Any help would be great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rustish colored possible contamination, very small [Re: Vrat303]
    #2046547 -

Well thats a choice you have tomake yourself, the problems
with trying to save cakes is that if you get it wrong, chances are it
will spread to your other cakes. If it does appear that the mycelium has won the battle, the contamination could still be luking inside the
cake, so therefore, if you do try to save it, be sure to cut up the
cake to check the insides before you fruit it.

Good luck


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rustish colored possible contamination, very small [Re: Paid]
    #5955763 -

Put it in a ziplock bag so when you break it up nothing nasty flies into the air.


--------------------
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* contaminant encyclopedia wind_wraith 3,655 3 06/19/01 11:25 PM
by nononsense
* Contaminated cake, but handsome Shroom michaz 4,538 6 09/19/02 03:27 PM
by baraka
* contamination or water damage? flawed 1,316 1 10/31/02 03:34 PM
by MAIA
* not sure if this is contamination? hello0 1,155 2 03/10/16 04:23 PM
by Evgeny94
* A few questions about contaminations Cerebrate 1,565 4 02/17/03 11:30 AM
by MAIA
* Smelt Jars for contamination. I was taken to ER!!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
JayBin 46,071 110 01/15/21 06:15 AM
by bodhisatta
* A little fun with contamination. Cyber 1,477 1 07/29/04 04:36 AM
by MAIA
* Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY
( 1 2 3 all )
Ryche HawkV 34,111 42 04/23/22 11:05 PM
by Imatryin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,293 topic views. 14 members, 132 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.