Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: ganjasmuggler]
    #20441669 -

Learn the phrases "What route are you working on?" and "Hey need another belay partner?/Can I join you guys?"

Woo central valley!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: Lynnch]
    #20443587 -

:lol:
Tell them that whatever route they're working is soft, and would be at least 2 grades lower at your local crag.
Soon you'll learn to spray with the best of them.

Lynnch, I didn't know you climbed man!
Not too many of us on the boards here


--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #20448739 -

Note to self: make 5hr drive from sac to pinnacles national park


--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: ganjasmuggler]
    #20448747 -

ganjasmuggler said:
Hi everyone. I am trying to see if any shroomerites like to do things like climbing, skiing, kayaking or other outdoors activities.


I realized that the only thing I have in common with all of my friends is that we all like to get fucked up so I'm trying to make some new ones.



Good work Ganjasmuggler. Glad you're at least thinking about your other 'options' in life besides having shitty people around you. It really helps. Even being by yourself can be better than being around bad people.

Get some nice boots and go hiking off-trail. I think it's lots of fun. Just don't get lost.

Have you heard of geocaching? It's like a real-life treasure hunt. I just started doing it and it's a lot of fun, and keeps you outside. It's free if you have a cell phone that you can GPS search with. I bought a hand-held one for like $150.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: pfxtc]
    #20448752 -

I went to the Mount Wilson Observatory in southern California yesterday.

Was very cool. Used to be 'THE' solar telescope of Earth. Also enjoyed driving 70 miles in the mountains, going 80 around corners in my new car :cool:



--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/20/14 03:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: ganjasmuggler]
    #20448763 -

I hike as often as possible


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: Sheekle]
    #20448790 -

What is geocaching? o:


--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20448796 -

KamikazeKush said:
What is geocaching? o:






--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20448799 -

KamikazeKush said:
What is geocaching? o:



It's A LOT of fun. You type in your zip code and it shows all the CACHES in your area. The caches are ANYTHING but are usually just a piece of paper hidden in a canister that you sign when you find. You find the local caches and type in the GPS coordinates into your phone/gps and drive around trying to find it basically. Shit's hidden all over town. It's a lot of fun and millions of people do it.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: pfxtc]
    #20448885 -

Wuuuuuut

That's dope !!!!!


--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20448933 -

KamikazeKush said:
Wuuuuuut

That's dope !!!!!



geocaching.com


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: pfxtc]
    #20448953 -

Have to update my stupid ios in order to download the app lol the wait is killing me xD


--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20448968 -

Lots of climbers here, Know a few in the real world who do all seem in great shape and to really enjoy it.

Myself I'm into sea kayaking. Love going to lake Superior and go Island hoping near apostle island.  Its crazy being on an island that has more bears then people.
Water temp was 42 f when I did my safety course. HOLY BAWLS! Had days where its 80 the water is glass go into sea caves. Then the next two hours its 50 f out  with a sudden storm and 4 foot waves.

I also enjoy hiking and camping. in fact ive gone camping at least 5 weekends this year and have some pretty nice gear. I would like to try to make it an all year thing but I live in the upper Midwest.

The latest I've gone was end of November in the Apalachicola mountains. Got some pretty choice sites and was the one of two people using a tent. The other had one of those canvas tents with an woodburing iron stove....


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20448975 -

KamikazeKush said:
Have to update my stupid ios in order to download the app lol the wait is killing me xD



I don't have a cell phone so I bought a handheld GPS which I imagine is way easier, but if you wanna get into it and try it out before spending any money using your phone and the app is the way to go.

They call 'civilians' "muggles" when you're caching (the muggles being the normal people staring at you while you're walking around looking for something). I get a kick out of it :lol:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: pfxtc]
    #20449344 -

Omg this is to cool there's literally tons in my town 8) thanks so much for turning me onto this


--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20449352 -

KamikazeKush said:
Omg this is to cool there's literally tons in my town 8) thanks so much for turning me onto this



Haha no problem. Any questions feel free to ask. It's pretty easy to get though. I've been doing it two weeks and found about 11.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: pfxtc]
    #20454162 -

What grade do you all climb? I climb like 5.10-11s what about y'all. I've just been recently getting into bouldering but so far I've been climbing like v3s and 4s

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: pfxtc]
    #20454182 -

pfxtc said:
KamikazeKush said:
Omg this is to cool there's literally tons in my town 8) thanks so much for turning me onto this



Haha no problem. Any questions feel free to ask. It's pretty easy to get though. I've been doing it two weeks and found about 11.



that's so funny. sounds like a dope idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20455041 -

My brother and I found a robot action figure >:D


--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Calling all climbers, skiers, kyakers and outdoor enthusiasts [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #20455086 -

lol, KEWL. lol sounds like fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Climber who cut his arm off = SCI fan
( 1 2 all )
Quintessence 4,706 27 05/13/03 05:44 AM
by zeta
* Rock Climbers Unite! ilus 960 8 11/16/04 03:16 PM
by 40oz
* Skiers?
( 1 2 all )
Mr.PhilCybin 1,865 39 10/17/15 02:47 PM
by Vespera
* Snowboarder? (Skiers allowed) polantis 509 9 09/12/10 01:34 PM
by twighead
* Rock climbers click here! Tony lamiche sends "the fly" 5.14d
( 1 2 3 all )
ummikko 5,064 52 03/08/04 03:10 PM
by ummikko
* LOL skier in Vail vigilant_mind 474 12 01/09/09 05:14 PM
by tpihkal
* Climbers UNITE....... CaptainH13 1,142 17 07/23/05 05:11 PM
by CaptainH13
* RIP Climber
( 1 2 all )
Liz 2,178 27 12/19/06 05:09 PM
by Syle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,351 topic views. 5 members, 28 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.