Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20214892 -

The parameters haven't been "altered".  Enlil said the US has free speech while the EU doesn't.  But he previously agreed the US doesn't guarantee an absolute right to free speech either.

Edit:  I just read Enlil's last response.  Fair enough, thanks.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20214911 -

Of course they have. He directly answered your question. Not liking his factual answer you responded with what amounts to... nuh-huh, I can't hear you.

How sad.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20214961 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Of course they have. He directly answered your question. Not liking his factual answer you responded with what amounts to... nuh-huh, I can't hear you.



Please stop making up what you think I think.  I actually liked his answer, but I didn't initially see how that was different from the free speech restictions in the US.  He then explained that for me.  We're good.

Stop making up what you think I believe, because you're almost always wrong.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20214970 -

Keep dreaming.

He directly answered your question. Get over it.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20214980 -

The problem with the constitution is that those rights are being slowly stripped from the people. New laws are put in place on a yearly basis that undermine the basic principles on which this country was founded. It is the only thing that keeps our freedom as citizens in tact, yet that in itself puts resctictions on our freedom.

It was created with the intention of being able to change with the times, but it is taken too literally for that to ever happen. What really needs to happen is that a new constitution needs to be drafted and implemented. It needs to be updated and improved for the current situation in our country.


--------------------
I live in an aura of hope because I live in a twilight world of my own self-generated, cannabinated fantasy, and I forget that not everyone is so fortunate. - Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20215004 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Keep dreaming.

He directly answered your question. Get over it.



What?  I know he answered my question.  But you were wrong in that

a) I didn't like his answer
b) I responded with "nuh-huh, I can't hear you"


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #20215040 -

Prepare for 3 pages of why he isn't wrong.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: maddad]
    #20215079 -

maddad said:
It was created with the intention of being able to change with the times, but it is taken too literally for that to ever happen.



Do you have any evidence that the Constitution was intended to "change with the times" or not be taken literally?  The whole point of a constitution is that it isn't subject to cultural trends.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215166 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
luvdemshrooms said:
Keep dreaming.

He directly answered your question. Get over it.



What?  I know he answered my question.  But you were wrong in that

a) I didn't like his answer
b) I responded with "nuh-huh, I can't hear you"




:rofl2:

Of course.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20215241 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
you were wrong in that

a) I didn't like his answer
b) I responded with "nuh-huh, I can't hear you"



:rofl2:

Of course.



Here's a recap:
Quote:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  What rights would say the EU tramples on?
Enlil said:  Freedom of speech, for one.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Well, you previously agreed there were also limitations to free speech in the US.
Enlil said:  There are limitations to all rights, sure.  No right is absolute.  There are not, however, criminal sanctions for people expressing unpopular opinions.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Fair enough, thanks.




--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215267 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Here's a recap:
Quote:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  What rights would say the EU tramples on?
Enlil said:  Freedom of speech, for one.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Well, you previously agreed there were also limitations to free speech in the US.
Enlil said:  There are limitations to all rights, sure.  No right is absolute.  There are not, however, criminal sanctions for people expressing unpopular opinions.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Fair enough, thanks.





A little honesty please.

Here's an actual recap:
Quote:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  What rights would say the EU tramples on?
Enlil said:  Freedom of speech, for one.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Well, you previously agreed there were also limitations to free speech in the US.
Me: Why is it when someone answers your question you are so quick to alter the parameters?

What he previously answered to your prior question matters for squat.


At that point Enlil went on to answer. It's funny how accuracy matters to you until someone points out your failures.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20215415 -

luvdemshrooms said:
A little honesty please.

Here's an actual recap:
Quote:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  What rights would say the EU tramples on?
Enlil said:  Freedom of speech, for one.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Well, you previously agreed there were also limitations to free speech in the US.
luvdemshrooms: Why is it when someone answers your question you are so quick to alter the parameters?





You don't seem to understand the discussion.  It was about whether the US has freer speech than the EU.  When Enlil pointed out that the EU blocks some speech, I pointed out that the US does too, and that he previously agreed.  Enlil kindly explained the difference, in spite of your pointless interruption.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215431 -

It isn't about who has freer speech as much as it is about the value of the Constitution.  The primary point I'm making isn't that we don't have laws that limit speech...it's that the Constitution ensures that we won't EVER have laws that limit speech as much as EU laws do today, and EU laws could get much, much harsher at any time.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215435 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
luvdemshrooms said:
A little honesty please.

Here's an actual recap:
Quote:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  What rights would say the EU tramples on?
Enlil said:  Freedom of speech, for one.
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  Well, you previously agreed there were also limitations to free speech in the US.
luvdemshrooms: Why is it when someone answers your question you are so quick to alter the parameters?





You don't seem to understand the discussion.  It was about whether the US has freer speech than the EU.  When Enlil pointed out that the EU blocks some speech, I pointed out that the US does too, and that he previously agreed.  Enlil kindly explained the difference, in spite of your pointless interruption.



Oh I understand.

You said it yourself.

Quote:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:  What rights would say the EU tramples on?



A very specific question to which you received a very specific answer that you didn't like.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20215477 -

Again, the discussion was about differences between the US and the EU.  I was fine with Enlil's answer, but I noted there were also some limitations in the US.

Please stop telling me what I'm thinking, and that I "didn't like" Enlil's answer.  I was fine with it, but I had further questions about how the EU was worse than the US (which were answered, in spite of your rude interruption).


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215484 -

I'll stop telling you that when I believe it.

The specificity of your question renders that impossible.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20215533 -

So you don't think the discussion had anything to do with the US Constitution or US laws?  Alrighty then...


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215547 -

Nope. That's not what I said.

Coming from someone who's whining that he's being misrepresented, that's quite amusing.

The Falcon doth protests too much, methinks.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20215608 -

Every decent country rewrite their constitution once in a while. The US should consider it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why is the constitution held to be so holy? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20215611 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Gilgamesh18 said:
The constitution is designed to prevent government overreach. It is difficult for foreigners to grasp this concept when there governments trample there rights routinely.



What's an example?  Do you mean other Governments trample people's right to live in poverty?  To not have healthcare?  To be exploited by the rich?

What rights would say the EU tramples on?



More crap from commies.  My refusal to buy you a Ferrari does not impinge on your right to have one.  Buy your own shit or fuck off back to the Pub.  Private property rights are enshrined in the Constitution.  I don't see a right to health care anywhere in it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Constitution Is Enlightenment Enough spud 391 0 10/11/05 03:20 PM
by spud
* Let's re-write the constitution to suit these whining Dems. luvdemshrooms 1,126 9 08/18/03 10:27 AM
by silversoul7
* New EU constitution ratification ZippoZM 861 3 05/15/05 09:27 AM
by zappaisgod
* Constitutional rights of sex offenders vs. child safety
( 1 2 all )
LunarEclipse 2,365 30 08/16/06 03:33 PM
by zappaisgod
* Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism?
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 4,981 44 10/17/05 07:10 PM
by Prosgeopax
* "Constitution" Restoration Act.... A new low in Act naming.. FrankieJustTrypt 1,033 5 11/08/04 07:09 AM
by Phred
* You mean a court backed up the Constitution?
( 1 2 all )
SirTripAlot 4,544 32 03/16/07 05:48 AM
by kotik
* Constitution, bible.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Phluck 4,929 117 11/17/02 11:45 PM
by Xlea321

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,650 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.