Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: Swami]
    #4812556 - 10/16/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Of course not. But if terrorists are attacking gov't officers in Iraq, obviously the gov't of Iraq would be the enemy of terrorism. And the voting of a constitution would be a win for the gov't.

Therefore, the enemy of terrorism had a big victory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #4812564 - 10/16/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

How does "a victory for opponents of terrorism" come out in your mind as halting terrorism?

So a victory in your mind would be one which does nothing whatsoever to decrease terrorism? Sounds v-e-r-y promising. What school of double-speak do you attend?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4812572 - 10/16/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You are not getting it through your head. It will prevent terrorism.

Since you missed it before:

Quote:

The better off the citizens of Iraq are, the sooner we can get out, the sooner the insurgents and terrorists will stop (or at least slow) their attacks.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4812592 - 10/16/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
How does "a victory for opponents of terrorism" come out in your mind as halting terrorism?

So a victory in your mind would be one which does nothing whatsoever to decrease terrorism? Sounds v-e-r-y promising. What school of double-speak do you attend?

You really have lost all logic skills and the weakness of your arguments bespeaks trolldom. Not every victory is a total victory. You do understand what halting means don't you? That would be a complete cessation. Slowing would be a victory. Halting the spread would be a victory. Killing one single supporter would be a victory. Capisce, Swamilito.

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: Redstorm]
    #4812618 - 10/16/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This debate seems rhetorical and fraught with clarity. The constitution by its very nature will do much in the intellectual arena which is the arena the ultimate victory in the war on terror will be found. The problem is a spiritual one and the spirit world is irrevocably an intellectual manifest. When we solve the root problem( a malicious and anti progress thought proocess which inturn breeds militant and violent spiritual outbreaks created by thousnad of years of little water and the desire to forcibly take it from the original denizens of the only arable and water rich land in the middle east) then we will solve the tangible problem. If you don't see how a written constituion is a step in the right direction then perhaps you will get caught up.

--------------------
Asshole

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #4812694 - 10/16/05 08:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kilgore_trout said:
he said terrorism, not (iraqi) insurgency.

What are you talking about? Really dig apart my post and make a point, I am not about to try and figure out what you are meaning to say. I feel your bait, but its poor and not worth a thought of mine because you haven't provided one yourself.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4812699 - 10/16/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Basic reading comprehension is not a strong point of many war advocates.

FACT: Debunking homeopathy and dosing does not give solid debating skills when it comes to using reason in the real world.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4812702 - 10/16/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

the sooner the insurgents and terrorists will stop (or at least slow) their attacks.

Not a single Iraqi 'insurgent' attacked or killed an American BEFORE we invaded, now did they?

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

#4812718 - 10/16/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

no they killed eachother, what is you point. you asked if a consitution was a viable method to deter the terrorist agenda. you have been answered. the answers are clear concise and well though out not to mention exhaustive, yet you still persist in asking inane and unsensical questions in some juvenile attempt to maintain an old and failing position. let it go. the vote was a victory pure and simple

--------------------
Asshole

Edited by nakors_junk_bag (10/16/05 08:20 PM)

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #4812735 - 10/16/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

the war on terror is a global interest, it just happens we head the anti terrorist movement.

--------------------
Asshole

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4812840 - 10/16/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
the sooner the insurgents and terrorists will stop (or at least slow) their attacks.

Not a single Iraqi 'insurgent' attacked or killed an American BEFORE we invaded, now did they?

Nope, but they are now. I'd like to see that stopped, wouldn't you?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #4813069 - 10/16/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Zappaisgod already took care of this for you but I'll answer too since it was directed at me (even though you apparently don't have the ability to answer questions posed to you (it's cool though, no one likes to admit defeat)).

I know you have apparently lost the faculty of reason but try and follow me. The terrorists would like to see a theocracy established in Iraq. Those who would not like to see a theocracy established in Iraq obviously support the Constitution. These people are the opponents of the terrorists.

I know it's getting hard but keep up cause here's where it gets good.

Since the Constitution is ratified the supporters have gotten what they wanted and the terrorists didn't get what they wanted.

Sensible citizens - 1
vs
Terrorist slime - 0

A victory for the reasonable! YAY!!!!

I don't think I really need to explain why halt was the wrong word to use. It's been covered already but I must say it would help debating here to have good grasp on the English language. Dictionary.com is an excellent resource if you don't understand the meaning of a word. Reminds of when I first came here and you argued with me that compiling, reading and analyzing writings about anti-gravity didn't constitute research. You were wrong there too but never admitted it even though everyone who posted in reference to that argument proclaimed you the loser.

Quote:

Swami said:

Basic reading comprehension is not a strong point of many war advocates.

Apparently logic, reason, and basic comprehension of the English language isn't a strong point of many anti-war advocates.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4813533 - 10/16/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The terrorists would like to see a theocracy established in Iraq.

"The terrorists", some ill-defined group that you commingle with internal Iraqi faction rivalry, has no bearing on the safety of USA citizens at home.

The people behind the 9/11 terrorist bombing never mentioned ANYTHING about the style of government of Iraq in any communique at the time.

This is just another layer slathered on, and shows little understanding of the dynamics at play.

Will Al Queda recruiting slow down? Unlikely.

Will Al Queda plans for attacks on US soil be put aside? Unlikely.

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #4814293 - 10/17/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The terrorists would like to see a theocracy established in Iraq

Which "terrorists" do you mean? Anyone who disagrees with George Bush?

Does everyone who opposes foreign occupation want the same thing?

Those who would not like to see a theocracy established in Iraq obviously support the Constitution

Or they realise the consitution is currently the best route to power and will pay vague lip service to it for the time being.

And of course, with the insurgents controlling much of the police force in Southern Iraq actually enforcing the constitution is another matter entirely.

Since the Constitution is ratified the supporters have gotten what they wanted and the terrorists didn't get what they wanted

If by "terrorists" you mean an enormous section of the population of Iraq then perhaps.

A victory for the reasonable! YAY!!!!

If by "reasonable" you mean disenfranchising enormous sections of the Iraq population and furthuring the likelihood of civil war than YAY!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #4815023 - 10/17/05 05:32 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
You are not getting it through your head. It will prevent terrorism.

please explain how it will prevent terrorism, the US constitution hasnt prevented
the government from trampling all over the rights of US citizens in the last 60 years

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4815471 - 10/17/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

If you read my posts, you would see the logic of it. The premise is so simple that if you don't get it, you never will.

Also, we're talking about the conventional meaning of terrorism, not the intrusions on rights.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4815818 - 10/17/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Iraq wasn't big in the terrorism business until the U.S. invasion. I can see that if Iraqis perceive that they have more say in their own rule that will be less inclined to commit terrorist acts in Iraq against the powers that be and those that go along with them. Anything that increases the perception that ruled have a say in their governance does address some of the root causes of terrorism. I think any relation to terrorists acts OUTSIDE of Iraq is more tenuous. Keep in mind that the U.S. is building PERMANENT military facilities in Iraq and this will continue to be a point of contention providing grist for the terrorist mill. By their own admission, terrorists who have targeted the U.S. have done so because (in part) they perceive that their local governments are U.S. puppet regimes or are supported by the U.S. government.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4816560 - 10/17/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

P said
"By their own admission, terrorists who have targeted the U.S. have done so because (in part) they perceive that their local governments are U.S. puppet regimes or are supported by the U.S. government. "

So who made them boss? They perceive something so they have license to kill? I don't think so. As to permanent military bases let's see Germany, S Korea, Japan. All by invitation of the duly elected by the people governments. If the invitations are rescinded we will go. Maybe the permanent military bases are for the permanent Iraqi forces. There will be some you know. Name one country where we have military bases against the wishes of the governing agent. Not the wishes of a faction, but the recognized government.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #4816789 - 10/17/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"The terrorists", some ill-defined group that you commingle with internal Iraqi faction rivalry, has no bearing on the safety of USA citizens at home.

I don't think Bush said the ratification of the Constitution meant a victory - for opponents of terrorism - that would shelter the US. Unless you can show it to me of course?

But never the less it does have bearing. As Al Queda, among other terrorist factions, has commited tremendous resources to the battle in Iraq. More resources spent there means less to spend on blowing up the closest Starbucks to Capitol Hill. Actually, depending on many politicians were present at the time that might not be such a bad idea.

The people behind the 9/11 terrorist bombing never mentioned ANYTHING about the style of government of Iraq in any communique at the time.

And?

I think I'm gonna start calling you Rudy.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4817172 - 10/17/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
P said
"By their own admission, terrorists who have targeted the U.S. have done so because (in part) they perceive that their local governments are U.S. puppet regimes or are supported by the U.S. government. "

So who made them boss?

That's not the point, check the topic of this thread.

Quote:

As to permanent military bases let's see Germany, S Korea, Japan. All by invitation of the duly elected by the people governments.

The U.S. was not invited into Iraq and started construction of permanent military bases BEFORE Iraq's constitution was written (which was written UNDER U.S. military control), BEFORE a duly elected representative government of Iraq has been installed under the terms of their constitution.

Quote:

Name one country where we have military bases against the wishes of the governing agent. Not the wishes of a faction, but the recognized government.

*** Sigh *** The 'governing agent' is many times a faction, brought to power with the support of U.S. government intelligence, military and tax dollars. These factions oppress their own people to maintain power, the people recognize the support of the U.S. for their oppressors and come to view their own governments as corrupt puppets of the U.S. and view the U.S. as an enemy as well. THAT IS THE POINT.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Edited by Prosgeopax (10/17/05 06:16 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order