Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4817178 - 10/17/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I don't disagree with you. The way I look at it, though, is that the sooner they have a working constitution, the sooner the country is stable, the sooner we can leave, the sooner they will stop blowing things up.

Perhaps I'm too optimistic?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: Redstorm]
    #4817208 - 10/17/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
The way I look at it, though, is that the sooner they have a working constitution, the sooner the country is stable, the sooner we can leave, the sooner they will stop blowing things up.

I agree. What is yet to be seen is whether or not the average Iraqi will look upon their new government as legitimate. This is crucial to stability. If a large enough faction or factions view the new government as being a puppet of the U.S. or unable to stay in power without the U.S., this does not bode well for stability. (or the U.S. taxpayers or U.S. military personnel)

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4817216 - 10/17/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I just hope the Iraqis will accept this constitution as their own. It will be amazing if this ends up working.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4817440 - 10/17/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
P said
"By their own admission, terrorists who have targeted the U.S. have done so because (in part) they perceive that their local governments are U.S. puppet regimes or are supported by the U.S. government. "

So who made them boss?

That's not the point. Check the topic of this thread, think instead of emoting.

No, it is exactly the point. Who said these fuckwads decide what or who should be there? You? Markos Maloutsis? Mumia? Please.

Quote:

As to permanent military bases let's see Germany, S Korea, Japan. All by invitation of the duly elected by the people governments.

The U.S. was not invited into Iraq and started construction of permanent military bases BEFORE Iraq's constitution was written (which was written UNDER U.S. military control), BEFORE a duly elected representative government of Iraq has been installed under the terms of their constitution.

They weren't initially invited into those nations either. They were invited to stay though. Oh yes, very much so. By those democracies. Seeking protection and forsaking their own ambitions. You really are completely clueless.

Quote:

Name one country where we have military bases against the wishes of the governing agent. Not the wishes of a faction, but the recognized government.

*** Sigh *** The 'governing agent' is many times a faction, brought to power with the support of U.S. government intelligence, military and tax dollars. These factions oppress their own people to maintain power, the people recognize the support of the U.S. for their oppressors and come to view their own governments as corrupt puppets of the U.S. and view the U.S. as an enemy as well. THAT IS THE POINT.

Corrupt puppets like Germany Japan and S Korea. Good job naming one. You really are a fine test taker.

Utterly devoid of reason or knowledge. F-

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Iraqi Constitution ratification halts terrorism? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4817611 - 10/17/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
No, it is exactly the point.

You were responding to my comments, it is NOT the point I was making. This thread deals with the Iraqi constitution and whether it would lead to a halt to terrorism. If you would like to read my brief exchange with Redstorm, perhaps this will provide you with a clue. However, based on your past performance in comprehending I do not hold out much hope for you.

Quote:

Utterly devoid of reason or knowledge. F-

Yes you are, I'm glad that you can admit it. Now please cease responding to me so as the quicker minds do not have to wade through the display of your tortured thought processes. Thank you.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom