Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Lasik
    #20002012 -

I guess this fits here.

Anyone get Lasik surgery?  How did that work out for you?  What's the process like etc.  And if you dont mind telling, what was the final tally on the bill?  It seems like magic, Id do/pay just about anything to get rid of contacts.  It also seems a bit scary since we're talking eyeballs and sight.  What's the scoop?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lasik [Re: Amanita86]
    #20002324 -

I had it on both eyes. I have 20/20 vision now and I have for about 8 years.

I haven't had any problems. But, if you do get Lasik, remember to go to your follow up appointments. Make sure your eyes are holding up properly.

The surgery was quick and I was awake. I wore some sunglasses and used eye drops for a week/month?

Sometimes I have dreams about losing my glasses or putting contacts in. It's really weird at first.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lasik [Re: Amanita86]
    #20002400 -

It was a little sketchy when the procedure was new... but it's been more and more developed in the last 10-20 years and they have come a REALLY long way, along with the technology. Now millions and millions of people have had it done and it is extremely safe and effective. I want to do it when I have the funds to do so..

The only issues I've heard in the past is that in early Lasik, it could cause you to lose some of your night vision.. but I haven't heard that in quite a long time and it seems the most recent advances in it are extremely safe and don't effect your night vision.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lasik [Re: Shroomism]
    #20007106 -

@XUL, what do you mean by "holding up properly"?  What kind of things would they be looking for that could become a problem?

Did you wear contacts pre-surgery, or use glasses instead?

@Shroomism, the only complaint I've been able to find was my old boss got it done approx. 8-10 years ago and said at night he had faint halo's around street lights.  I could live with it, if it meant no more contacts.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lasik Eye Surgery Experience? Ginseng1 663 5 09/06/09 03:20 PM
by badchad
* LASIK eye surgery: LicHmicrO 2,462 18 11/02/10 05:58 PM
by badchad
* LASIK and tripping Anonymous 853 10 02/09/14 06:10 PM
by Anonymous
* Getting Lasik surgery tomorrow... Aser 341 2 04/09/12 05:27 PM
by pwnasaurus
* I don't really like makin eye contact with people
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 4,677 51 08/11/10 11:18 AM
by swope
* Feeling Extremely Transparent (eye contact) JackofSpades 1,208 9 11/01/11 09:41 AM
by The Phleg
* making eye contact Anonymous 1,706 17 04/07/10 04:11 AM
by PDU
* Sudden inability to wear contact lenses without discomfort MOTH 6,760 15 04/24/08 07:03 PM
by AlteredAgain

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
259 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 69 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.