Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinesun_spots
Good boob day
 User Gallery

Loc: Nirvana
Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: golden1]
    #12817188 - 06/28/10 12:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, my earlier post was pretty much just for lulz... Here's what I really think about this:

I believe the eyes are truly the windows to our souls, and as such, eye contact is a rather intimate thing.  I tend to avoid eye contact with strangers out of respect for our mutual privacy.

While there are some situations that warrant making eye contact with strangers in order to display confidence or interest (i.e. during a job interview), I generally try to look a person in the face rather than straight in the eyes.

--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblerezen
Time Traveler
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: sun_spots]
    #12820638 - 06/28/10 11:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If feel the same way....for the most part. You are in the minority if you don't make eye contact with people so yes I would say its a social standard.

Offlinesirdonut
riding the cosmic giggle
 User Gallery

Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: rezen]
    #12825522 - 06/29/10 09:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I love looking people in the eyes... I find it interesting how some people's eyes seem to have more of a sparkle to them.  I wonder if it's certain connections that share a synergy with my own eyes or if everyone else would also notice.  Maybe it's our souls dancing in hyperspace!!  :thumbup:

--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: sirdonut]
    #12825770 - 06/29/10 10:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like a lot of people are way too heavy on eye contact, which is weird. I mean, if I'm just having a regular chit-chat why the fuck do I need to gazing hypnotically into their eyes?

When I'm actually have a conversation that demands eye contact, then I will give it.

Most of the time though I look occasionally at them otherwise I look off into the distance behind them. The other day someone actually looked behind them when I was talking to them because they thought there was someone behind them lol ... so that was unintentional, I don't normally zone out that much but still, I feel like it makes it casual. I stare off into the distance when I'm talking, then when I make a point, I look into their eyes.

I think this is actually how it's supposed to be, because while the speaker is speaking, the "audience" looks at them, then the speaker changes and so does the eye contact. It would be weird if when you talked to people they looked away; to me that would indicate disinterest in what I am saying.

OfflineMan in the Box
 User Gallery

Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: fazdazzle]
    #12829110 - 06/30/10 04:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you can just wear sunglasses from time to time, seriously alot of people do it in public.

Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon Flag
Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #12829722 - 06/30/10 06:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
"everytime i look in your eyes, i see your face and i cry; and will for all the days until i die."

What is that Dr. Seuss?

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

OfflineNova

Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: fung_us_among_us] * 1
    #12830080 - 06/30/10 07:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

IMO eye contact is about self confidence and feeling equal with your fellow man.

I used to have issues with it but then I realized everyone is human, has the good and bad traits, their ups and downs in their past, but we're all just people living life in this exact moment.

Also eye contact is a ice breaker or a way to work through resistances people have. It helps you to connect and makes people feel comfortable around you. If you don't like feeling awkward around people you don't know well, a handshake with a warm smile and eye contact does wonders.

OfflineLustfulLinsanity
The Familiar Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: An island in the Pacific Flag
Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: Nova] * 1
    #12834537 - 07/01/10 03:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

My thoughts on it...

Some say the eyes are the windows to the soul, and if two people doesnt matter what gender, are comfortable enough you can actually make a connection to that persons soul and connect on a deeper level, see the inner beauty that everyone has. But most people too caught up in their fears or w/e else, are too afraid to make that connection, also because they think they are separate.

Also what could be said is that when you look into someones eyes and you see fear or discomfort for example, that could merely be a mirror of how you are feeling. Like in Pink Floyd- Echoes. strangers walking in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and i am you and what i see is me.

But i myself find it hard to determine how much eye contact is appropriate with each person i encounter, and has brought much anxiety in the past. but i just let it be what it is.

--------------------

I wish to become enlightened, to know bliss, to be a pure expression of joy, to slake my insatiable thirst.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: LustfulLinsanity] * 1
    #12844463 - 07/03/10 01:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

it takes more energy to make contact than not to.
that energy has to come from someplace.

I propose that cultures that make tons of eye contact (middle east) are missing some other energy indulgences while immersing in something surprisingly interpersonal to those of us who do not spend our energy that way.

When we do it it becomes exhausting as we don't also stop our other habits right away, and we run out of energy just being ourselves, struggling with this new extra dimension of behavior.

but if you move there (say to Israel) then after a while it will be part of your habit as well, it will seem normal, and it will be an adjustment to drop it.

--------------------

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #13031609 - 08/10/10 03:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This thread is over a month old, but that isn't so old and I wanted to add something.

I live in the inner-city, and just recently I moved to the area of the city where there may be 40-50 people outside on a  street block at a time; people just milling around, mostly selling and taking drugs and being a part of that scene. (this is a city of 75k; in the most congested downtown/work areas you might have 15-20 people walking around on a LONG block together).

In this area, I've noticed that 80% of people will look you (and assumedly and anyone else that they pass) 100% directly in the eye and will NOT break eye contact until they pass by you.  This is so consistent as to almost be a given.

I am a male.  If you are a female, I imagine that ratio goes WAY closer to 99%.  For what it's worth, it is the summer time and a lot of ladies are out and walking around looking really nice.

That said, I've never lived anywhere before where eye contact is this expected and intense.  At the mall, eye contact is closer to like 20-30%, a lot of times lower than that.

It's a very interesting phenomenon.  The look is a very interesting look too.  There are definite overtones of malice at times.  Almost never is there any kind of positive or beneficent look on anyone's face (when they look you in the eye that is).  Most of the time it's just a strongly considering stare, not quite dead-eye but damn close.

--------------------

InvisibleblewmeanieS
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: I don't really like makin eye contact with people [Re: Humility] * 1
    #13035290 - 08/11/10 07:50 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Children will naturally look you directly in the eyes when talking to you...just something I noticed int the past few days.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisibleswope
n00b
 User Gallery

Loc: U.S Flag
Re: I don't really like making eye contact with people [Re: blewmeanie] * 1
    #13035949 - 08/11/10 01:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

im the same way bro. i dont really do it either. i like the whole asian culture thing how they dont unless its necessary. i knew there was something i liked about Asians. but yeah its not a big deal. i do sometimes and dont others. pends on my mood, situation, and whats going on at the time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order