Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Uzziel]
    #20006878 -

I found some use in facebook for networking, good for business.

Buuuuuuuuut, I had to delete mine because there are certain things you couldn't make private on facebook at the time (your profile pic for example) and I have stalkers. So some asshole can find my profile, look at my profile pic and have access to 30 people who commented on it, fucking great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Uzziel]
    #20006887 -

Uzziel said:
it doesn't suck, if anything it just means you have shitty "friends" lol



I can't agree more.
It's a tool, it's all how you use it.

I use it to keep in touch with my old home world, mostly folks I have known for over 20 years.
A couple weeks ago I actually made it down to that state and saw about half of the people I am friends with on facebook.

Good times where had.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #20006906 -

I don't use facebook. I prefer out of sight out of mind.

If someone isn't here with me I don't want to know what they're up to, nor do I want them to know what I'm up to. If they're important we'll do those things together.

I really enjoy meeting someone I haven't met for years. Seeing how they've changed and hearing all about all their stories/adventures, it can be a great icebreaker. I don't want to "keep up" with people on facebook, it takes away the joy of bumping into long lost acquaintances.

Familiarity after all, breeds contempt.


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Dawks]
    #20006917 -

Dawks said:
Familiarity after all, breeds contempt.



No it doesn't if anything I become more CONTENT knowing my friends aren't douchebags

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: 4runner]
    #20006944 -

Facebook has become annoying. It's full of girls posting:
*I'm super ugly, here's a picture of me in my underwear!
*Guess who has no stable income but is pregnant!?
*I think i'm gonna chill tonight and watch Netflix, incoming 30 selfies of my drunk ass at the club!!
*Smoking is bad! Let me take 20 pictures of me smoking my "E-Hookah"
And guys posting:
I'm ugly... LOOK AT MY ABS AND BULGING MUSCLES
(some gay vague song lyrics) THESE ARE MY TRUE EMOTIONS
Guess who has no job, living with my parents and too irresponsible to wrap it up!?
DR00GZ MAN! DMT! COKE! X! The next week bashing on people who take drugs, STRAIGHT EDGE FOR LIFE.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Uzziel]
    #20006945 -

Uzziel said:
Dawks said:
Familiarity after all, breeds contempt.



No it doesn't blah blah blah



I didn't invent that idiom, bro.


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Dawks] * 1
    #20006951 -

What does that have to do with you posting it though?





Spiritwalker_Faust said:
Facebook has become annoying. It's full of girls posting:
*I'm super ugly, here's a picture of me in my underwear!
*Guess who has no stable income but is pregnant!?
*I think i'm gonna chill tonight and watch Netflix, incoming 30 selfies of my drunk ass at the club!!
*Smoking is bad! Let me take 20 pictures of me smoking my "E-Hookah"
And guys posting:
I'm ugly... LOOK AT MY ABS AND BULGING MUSCLES
(some gay vague song lyrics) THESE ARE MY TRUE EMOTIONS
Guess who has no job, living with my parents and too irresponsible to wrap it up!?
DR00GZ MAN! DMT! COKE! X! The next week bashing on people who take drugs, STRAIGHT EDGE FOR LIFE.
:shrug:



Just shows the quality of your friends. Maybe you shouldn't add people who aren't your friends?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #20006972 -

facebook book is filled with faggotry... the pub reminds me of the same thing:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Uzziel]
    #20006983 -

Uzziel said:
Just shows the quality of your friends. Maybe you shouldn't add people who aren't your friends?



I stopped going on altogether. Those worth talking to have my number. I've slowly started disconnecting myself from social networking outside of The Shroomery. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Uzziel]
    #20006993 -

Uzziel said:
Maybe you shouldn't add people who aren't your friends?



Could say the same about writing text to people instead of calling them. What kind of relationship is that?

I come here to have somewhat interesting conversations with strangers with generally quick responses, but keeping up with friends and family through text?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Repertoire89]
    #20006996 -

Spiritwalker_Faust said:
Those worth talking to have my number.



Agreed. If someone wants to get in touch they have my number. I've never felt like I need anything more than that.


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: zZZz]
    #20007013 -

zZZz said:
thats the type of shit that inspires me to get out there and do the same, follow dreams etc..

be happy for them and go out there and do the shit that makes you happy



exactly.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: FruitOfLife]
    #20007182 -

FruitOfLife said:
I deleted facebook like 2 years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made



same here. Fuck you facebook! :douchewink:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Dawks]
    #20007198 -

Dawks said:
Don't be jealous of them OP. People who feel the need to spend their money and go into debt just to visit the same old tourist destinations tend to be shallow, empty people trying to create the illusion of a fulfilling life.



I never got the idea of excessively traveling. I mean its cool to travel a little. But there comes a point when you're wasting a shit ton of resources just to live "adventurously."
Like come on do something positive for the collective whole for a change. Oh well most people will never have the capacity to understand that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: i like cow poo]
    #20007270 -

Do you think that monks do something positive for the collective whole?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: tito123] * 1
    #20007285 -

Buddhist monks provide peace for others and a place for outsiders to  join if they wish. I would say yes.
Fuck da Catholics though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: Uzziel] * 1
    #20007295 -

Uzziel said:
I like facebook it helps keep me in touch with my out of state friends who I don't feel like calling on the phone all the time.

I don't keep anyone who posts a lot of nonsense though I just block their posts from showing up. Simple as that.

I don't understand the omgz facebook sucks yeah I get people post dumb shit but that shit happens here and everywhere just look at sheekles threads its like fucking facebook for him here shit.

It's a good social tool just like the shroomery. You get what you want out of it and you leave it at that. I don't get the whole facebook sucks blah blah blah, its okay, it doesn't suck, if anything it just means you have shitty "friends" lol



This x100.

I wouldn't have been able to keep in touch with 90% of my family and old friends on the other side of the country if it wasn't for facebook. I'm talking about GOOD friends that I haven't seen for 10-15 years.

I don't just "Bump in" to long lost acquaintances, because I live 3000 miles away. Numerous people from my high school/after high school years, that I thought I had lost all contact with have found me via facebook and we've reconnected that way.

People who bitch about facebook sucking and bullshit shallow wall posts and selfies BLAH BLAH BLAH only have themselves to blame. Get better friends if you don't like it. My wall is full of interesting articles, world news, people articulating their thoughts, funny shit, musicians and other people I like, and VW people talking about VWs.. because I'm a VW fanboy. You control the content you see.... if you have a friend constantly posting stupid shit, it takes two clicks of a mouse to unfriend them or block their posts.

Like you said, you get what you want out of it. For me it's been an extremely valuable tool for reconnecting with old friends and family, organizing events, keeping up to date on happenings and so on.

I personally fucking hate talking on the phone, with pretty much anyone. Always been that way. Well before social media ever even existed.
People that think that texting or writing is somehow morally inferior to talking on the phone irk the shit out of me. I don't even answer my phone when it rings unless it's my GF or a job. My good friends don't call me unless it's a 1 minute conversation of WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN BYE because they know I don't really like talking on the phone and I despise small talk.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: SycoNautix]
    #20007370 -

SycoNautix said:
JayZ Morgan said:
SARAtonin said:
FruitOfLife said:
I deleted facebook like 2 years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made










--------------------


            :crabstyle:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: livingmagic]
    #20007438 -

You guys must lead pretty boring lives if deleting yourself from a social networking site is the greatest decision you have ever made...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Facebook makes me depressed [Re: i like cow poo]
    #20007449 -

i like cow poo said:
Buddhist monks provide peace for others and a place for outsiders to  join if they wish. I would say yes.
Fuck da Catholics though



Then why don't you think travelers could be something like traveling monks?  India has homeless spiritual folks(if someone could remind me what they're called, I'd appreciate it.)  I bet they benefit society as much as monks do.
 

Why couldn't that same thing apply to homeless people in America who hop trains or whatever?  Obviously they're the minority but I'm sure they exist.  Even westerners who travel asia or whatever indefinitely?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Shroomery Facebook 'Unban' Group Circle K 486 2 05/06/21 01:10 PM
by druqs
* Depression, myth thats called fact.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Psilocybeingzz 11,160 69 11/07/05 11:09 PM
by Phluck
* Facebook deletes popular school shooter group
( 1 2 all )
Conservationist 4,413 33 11/10/07 07:38 PM
by sleepy
* facebook operated by the CIA, and dpt of defense?
( 1 2 all )
CptnGarden 3,822 23 08/23/07 07:58 PM
by Gumby
* My friend made me a facebook Hyper_Panda_GO 1,260 9 10/04/07 11:17 PM
by juende
* Facebook Gumby 2,267 15 03/21/07 05:04 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* my girl dumped me for someone she ran into on facebook nuGGs 2,056 15 07/11/07 11:20 PM
by Cowgold
* FaceBook guri 1,047 10 02/13/06 04:20 PM
by DieCommie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,120 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.