Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Slavic Mythology
    #19960267 -

Here in America we hear often about Norse mythology because Vikings were so badass, but it's rare to hear about Slavic mythology.

Well I've been learning Russian the past few months and today I started reading about Perun and Veles.
Does anyone practice Slavic neo-paganism? Or have any direct experience with it?

It seems like there are a lot of parallels between Germanic, Norse, and Slavic mythology.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavic Mythology [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #19960876 -

Really?
No one?

I guess it's even less common than I thought.
:sad:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavic Mythology [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #19960946 -

My Croatian friend was lecturing me on it recently actually.  I think he was talking about Perun specifically.





LOVE this picture:


Edited by Psy Baba (05/08/14 08:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavic Mythology [Re: Psy Baba]
    #19960950 -

Holy huge image, sorry.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavic Mythology [Re: Psy Baba]
    #19961032 -

Yes! I was looking at the painting of the underwater kingdom earlier today and it is quite the lovely picture. :yesnod:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavic Mythology [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #19961067 -



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slavic Mythology [Re: koods]
    #19961109 -

Aw yeah.
I'm pretty much a quarter Cossack.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are there people that still believe in Norse mythology?
( 1 2 3 all )
Celestial Traveler 5,625 46 10/17/12 05:29 PM
by Dork
* Why I think the mythology for unicorns is fucking stupid UPDATE !
( 1 2 3 all )
larry.fisherman 4,409 52 11/21/16 06:46 PM
by larry.fisherman
* Mythological Creatures
( 1 2 all )
28064212 2,733 21 03/27/11 10:34 PM
by DarkMatterOfFact
* believer of greek mythology..... samba_lightning 735 10 06/06/09 09:10 PM
by Chespirito
* Anyone a stickler for religious/mythology scenes? PyroBurns 496 3 12/10/08 07:01 PM
by Blink Dog
* Do you believe in the faeries?
( 1 2 all )
Larabar 1,698 38 01/27/15 12:00 AM
by Kaktos
* Slavic Heathen Metal (Morok) hpi 448 5 08/27/10 08:36 AM
by Cascadian
* norse mythology question. "thors hammer" - (Mjölnir) drizzit 376 3 07/01/14 09:46 PM
by mushroom_sandwich

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
457 topic views. 4 members, 8 guests and 144 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.