Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
Re: Why Psilokitty ?????
    #197827 - 09/18/99 09:45 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

You must be an Englishman... "Take the piss?"

:-)

Anyway, I fully agree with you. She doesn't appear to me to be all that incredibly knowledgeable, and she takes sides (which no moderator I've ever heard of does). Worse yet, her method of solving a problem is to say, "Don't bother arguing or discussing it--just drop it." Whoah! What is the point of a discussion board then, if you aren't supposed to discuss? If we simply dropped every subject in which people disagreed, then no one would ever say shit. It also bothers me that this woman has veto/editorial power over what people say. Suppose she is on the rag one week and decides to disallow a perfectly good posting, just because she doesn't feel like agreeing that morning?

Correct me if I am wrong, but a moderator IS supposed to be a positive influence, right?

Regards,
Bok

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShadow
enthusiast
Re: Why Psilokitty ????? [Re: Springbok]
    #197829 - 09/20/99 06:30 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I've been here since she began being the moderater in the cultivation forum. I don;t really notice her helping to many people out. Also her attitude has changed lately. She used to be much nicer in my opinion. Maybe it is time to see a new moderater in that section.

Anonymous

#197830 - 09/20/99 08:54 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder why the lack of response in this thread? Perhaps we are trying to be "polite"?

This is a good thought. I would like to know everyone's feelings on the topic.

Peace and love,
Little ?hroom

------------------
Words that I live by...
"Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system..."
"Never let school interfere with your education..."
"There is no right and wrong, there is only fun and boring..."
"Live like there's no tomorrow..."

Anonymous

#197831 - 09/21/99 04:37 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I think its because this forum dosent get used much. Spread the word at the chats ect. I also would like this issue to be resolved by seeing lots of others opinion.

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #197832 - 09/21/99 09:51 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

knock knock... hello i'm looking for a question... :wink:

moderators are just human beings like the rest of us. Its nice if they have a positive influence, but the positive vibe in the shroomery doesnt depend on its moderators alone, i should hope.
Anyway, PK has been nothing but friendly and helpfull towards me. (however.. she did hit me upside the head and steal my cookies once.. but i've forgiven her for that :wink:) And i'm sure she doesnt remove/edit posts simply because she doesnt agree with them. She seems ok as a moderator in my book, but i really cant say because i never come in the cultivation forum; im more of an OTD-dweller. :smile:

-peace and good vibes-

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

Anonymous

#197833 - 09/21/99 07:02 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Yall punk ass bitches best not be steppin to my homegirl PK. Me and my crew pop a cap in dat ass. You fuck wit kitty you fuckin wit nico boyyyyyyyyy...

Just because Psilokitty doesn't worship rychehawk like others do,because she dislikes him and posts about it doesn't mean she shouldn't be moderator. We must all respect each others opinions, don't knock someone just because he or she doesnt think like you. Kitty has never censored Ryche's posts even when he slanders others. If she's not abusing her moderating powers then there aint nothing wrong.

We've lost the love...

OfflineDan
    #197834 - 09/21/99 08:55 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Moderators are like the shamans of the internet. Shamans don't contribute to disputes PERIOD

Anonymous

#197835 - 09/22/99 09:27 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Nicodemus,

Don't tell us to respect Psilo's opinion if you're not gonna respect ours. Let people speak their mind.

"What happened to the love?"

Peace,
Little ?hroom

------------------
Words that I live by...

[This message has been edited by Little_Shroom (edited September 22, 1999).]

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
    #197836 - 09/22/99 03:06 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

nothing happened to the 'love'... heh..
here's some if yall want :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:) :smile:) :smile: :smile:: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

InvisibleSoup
enthusiast
    #197837 - 09/22/99 04:54 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

She must die. Yes. Anyway, I've never actually seen Ryche slander anybody, only standing up for himself when these assholes who are all under fake usernames bitch about him. Unfortunately, this is becoming quite an annoying problem.

As for PK, she is not a good moderator. She doesn't help people unless they email her. If I had to email all the people I wanted to get advice from and then pass on that information to others, do you realize how long that would take? That's why we have a message board. So people including the moderator can post and help the entire community. Closing threads only when she begins to get bashed and not when Ryche is, or anyone else for that matter, isn't a very admirable quality. I don't happen to believe that every time she closes these bullshit posts after 10 or 12 comments posted by these new fake assholes that, "Oh sorry, I haven't been online in a while." Bullshit! I don't care if the bitch has a life, but don't fuck up the Shroomery, it is the best Shroom site on the net, doing it. If PK can't do it, then let ShroomGod do it. Everybody knows he could do a helluva lot better job anyway.

Sorry for all the swearing, but I'm tired of all this bullshit, "I'll let you bitch about Ryche but not anyone else." Nobody even wants to bitch about anyone else, every once in a while maybe PK, you know what I'm talking about. It's just these constant Ryche attacks. Shut the fuck up and go trip or get high or something. Dicks. Go ShroomGod! Everyone else is cool too. Yeah! Hurrah for all the non assholes!

Anonymous

#197838 - 09/22/99 08:26 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I noticed that PsiloKitty hasn't had any reply to this thread yet.

Any thoughts Psilo?

Peace and love,
Little ?hroom

------------------
Words that I live by...

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
    #197839 - 09/23/99 09:27 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

She has suddenly chosen to stay "aloof." What a coincidence... Anyway, if she is so bloody rarely "on line," then why do we see her nick name always on the Shroomery chat room?

I think she needs to answer a few of these allegations, right or wrong as they may be...

Regards,
Jake

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

Anonymous

#197840 - 09/25/99 03:44 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm.. I have to disagree on the general opinion that PK is a bad moderator..

I have in fact seen her help numerous people
numerous times.. Just not recently..

And YEs, she seems to take sides :smile:
But hell, every one has an opinion.. Maybe the problem could be solved more easily.

One way to solve this is that PK separates her moderator persona from her private persona.. No.. this is not schizofrenia.. (sp) it's just that I agree on the fact that moderators should only keep in mind one thing, the viability and longevity of the board. Viability in such a sence that it's not a flame war playground and longevity in a sence that a board that is moderated fanatically, (ie. not letting opposing arguments be heard) will die sooner or later..

So it's just my 2 cents, but somewhere along the line I'we kinda learned to like the way PK does things.. And I just don't (at this point) see an obvious problem..

but if PK is tired of being the moderator and there is an obvious good choise for a successor, then let's hear it PK..

Otherwise, i see no point of fixing what aint broken..

--Zaphood-->

Offlineinsectvhore
lord of flies

#197841 - 09/25/99 01:42 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

apart from the occaisonal LARGE TROUT that she wields in chat :wink:
i've found nothing but help from psilokitty
and why are these moderators supposed to be perfect?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #197842 - 09/25/99 10:19 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

From what I can tell, PK is one of the friendliest people who hang out here. It seems odd that so many of you are putting her down. As for her helping you out, and answering your questions, that is not the job of the moderator. The moderator is there to keep the board under control, and make sure it doesn't become a huge flame board. In that respect she is doing a good job. Don't expect her to answer all your questions, she doesn't know all the answers. She's probably busy too, so lay off her a bit.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
    #197843 - 09/30/99 01:01 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I noticed that it was Night Child who closed a majority of the flaming threads,
NOT PK who is supposed to be the moderator.
I agree they needed closed and asked PK to do it. Ryche said he didn't want them (or at least that one in particular)closed, but I didn't feel that the
Cultivation forum was the proper place for them. Night Child was the one that stepped in and did what needed to be done. (Thanks NC).
I hardly ever see PK post other than for bullshit reasons.
That is not what a moderator is supposed to be there for.
Sure moderators have opinions, and I wouldn't expect anyone to not be able to voice their opinion. But remember, the "Moderator" is there to "moderate". Not to allow entirely inappropriate crap from flooding a forum that
it's not intended to be in in the first place then say "Oh I wasn't online, sorry".
These were all in the "Cultivation" forum.
The "Suggestion" forum and perhaps "Off-Topic " forum is the place for that shit.
ShroomGod has answered COUNTLESS questions EXTREMELY patiently, and with expert advice.
Ythan - Aphex - Could we put this to a very publicized vote? Perhaps only available to users registered by yesterdays date maybe to avoid last-minute ballot-box-stuffers from either side? But don't exclude the low-number posters cuz there are alot
that just don't post very often.
This is a place for a fair exchange of ideas and concerns right?
After all, don't us users have a right to decide our moderator?
I hope so ...
Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#197844 - 09/30/99 02:48 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Welp, here is my stance on all of this.

I feel completely justified in the amount of knowledge I have given to this site. I used to make it a policy to make sure threads had atleast one response..I did that for quite awhile. I am sorry if you cannot understand that I am not going to sit here and answer every question.. this BB has an amazing Search function. Ythan and Phex incorporated it for a reason, many of the questions that are asked have already been answered before...I see no reason to duplicate them. My job as a moderator isnt to answer every question.. then I would be an "Answerer" not a "Moderator". Altho, I feel my personal life is not anyone's business as long as I do what I am supposed to..lemme share why I havent been posting alot.

My father passed away in mid-july..I then went on a brief leave..to get away from things. Ythan was aware of this and agreed to help me out a bit and watch my board..It was incredibly hard for me and since then, I really havent had alot of time to do mass amounts of posting. Then I had several things to do to get ready for this semester. Ythan was made aware of these things, I didnt go mia..infact many people knew I took a vacation for personal reasons. I've basically been back since the end of August..reading the boards and whatnot. However, no..I dont just sit here 24/7 like I used to, I have classes and whatnot. I close threads as soon as I see them and tend to read the board at night before I go to bed. NightChild closed the threads he did in the night time and early morning..the threads had indeed originated after I checked the board that night..or became nasty..whatever the case was.

What kinda upsets me the most is this..
I've helped the shroomery in many ways..when I didnt have the time and nothing but aggravation was in it for me. The legal page wasnt "great fun" for me..and regardless of wheter or not you utilize it..It did take quite a bit of time to put it together. I didnt do that just for myself..if I had I would have looked up only my state and left it at that. I've searched the net for proxy lists for irc and http to make people feel more comfortable coming here..I've answered many a question in chat..and I have sent out many free syringes and prints when asked. I'm sorry but, I've done plenty..

As for my attitude changing..maybe it has, for so damn long I dealt with people not taking me seriously on here because I am a chick and this page is comprised mainly of
male members..and yes, Ive been having a bad couple of mths. I responded to this business with Ryche on the offtopic board..no need to reiterate here. As I told Ythan, it's his call..I've enjoyed getting to know a great number of you and I feel that just as many have helped me..I've gone above and beyond to do my part as well..You wanted a response? Well, here it is.

--------------------

Anonymous

#197845 - 09/30/99 02:55 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Little Shroom, so what the fuck is your opinion on PsiloKitten anyway. You know, the one you were so quick to defend...that opinion you never stated.

------------------
Dogs fucked the Pope, no fault of mine.

OfflineFreak
addict
    #197846 - 09/30/99 06:13 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

that legal page IS cool!

------------------
the aliens are pissin' on your fuckin' brains

Anonymous

#197847 - 10/01/99 10:08 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Boba,

I guess I didn't state my opinion because I don't exactly have one. I have never really had 1 to 1 conversation with Psilo, so I never really got to know her.

I am neutral on the whole subject, and that previous post to Nicodemus wasn't meant to be offensive to Psilo.

So Psilo, I am sorry if you thought otherwise.

So I guess that is my answer. I don't hate or have a problem with Psilo. And until I have reason to dislike her, my feelings won't change.

Satisfied?

Peace and love,
Little ?hroom

------------------
Words that I live by...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals