Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Ecuadorian Contamination?
    #1973545 - 10/02/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone grown Ecuadorian strain here? I have 8 rice flour jars that appear to be contaminated. In 5 of the jars I have what appears to be green mold and mycelium growing from each inoculation site. Should I toss these jars or wait it out for awhile (it's only been about a week since I started them). I think it is weird that both could grow and almost seem as one. Also, I have 8 jars of Pink Buffaloes that I started the day before. They all appear fine. I used the same sterilization tech for both. Anyone grown Ecuadorian and know something about this? Thanks.

Mushrush

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Ecuadorian Contamination? [Re: ]
    #1973577 - 10/02/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have to logout to do some laundry. I will be back in a couple of hours so if you have some suggestions go ahead and post and I'll reply as soon as possible. Thanks.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1973648 - 10/02/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It looks like you have a contaminated syringe.
Can you summarize your inoculation procedure please ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: Ecuadorian Contamination? [Re: MAIA]
    #1974324 - 10/02/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My mason jars have 4 small holes in the lid, so that I can inoculate without ever having to take the lids off (MMGG method). The syringe I used hadn't been opened since it was shipped from the suppier. Maybe it wasn't properly sterilized before I recieved it?

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#1975167 - 10/03/03 05:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Could be....
Did you flame the needle when inoculating ?

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Anonymous

#1975207 - 10/03/03 05:57 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No, I assumed it was sterile since nothing had touched it. I didn't want to kill any spores since I only had one syringe. Today, the contamed jars (at least the 1 I looked at) seem to be getting much worse. Green spots appearing everywhere. Guess they are trash. Hope all of my Pink Buffaloes come out without contamination. Next time I will not assume anything is sterile especially the syringe.

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
    #1975244 - 10/03/03 06:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i bet that is it!....my friend even flames the needle when he re-caps it and puts it i the frig "compulsive"....but now you know, so next time it wont happen....

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Anonymous

Re: Ecuadorian Contamination? [Re: MilkVein]
    #1977165 - 10/03/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Good news and bad news. Bad news first. I had to throw out 7 of 8 jars of my Ecuadorian strain. For some reason one of the jars looks like it may be okay, good growth and no contamination so far (hopefully it will make it so I can make a print from it and not have to order another syringe). Good news now. Looks like all of my Pink Buffalo jars are okay. Good growth in all but two of them, no growth yet in those two. What's the ideal temp for fastest colonization? I have them in a warm water bath right now at about 87 degrees. Should I turn the fish tank warmer down to get closer to 80 degrees? Two more questions. Are Pink Buffaloes pretty potent? What is a good potent strain to order if I'm growning on brf and vermiculate (MMGG method)? Thanks for all of your help.

OfflineBen_Stein
Spelling Gestapo

Loc: Hooterville
    #1978081 - 10/04/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My guess is you never had mycelium, only green mold, which starts out white and often causes some confusion. It sporulates after a few days and starts turning green, looking like it's attacking the mycelium.

Guess how I know this??

The reason you flame your needle between jars is so as not to spread contams from one jar to the next should you pick up some crud.

Very important!!

--------------------
I'm so ready to start growing. I've shroomed twice and loved it to no extent. --Mindgames

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Ecuadorian Contamination? [Re: Ben_Stein]
    #1981168 - 10/05/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

87 degrees is ok.
I've heard pink buffalos are potent :grin:
Most people cultivate B+ or Equador, they are very well balanced strains with plenty of visuals. Puerto rican is very powerful but i find they are less visual, they give you more body high though. Just to say, potency is something very relative.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Anonymous

#1994576 - 10/09/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Damn damn damn. Look like my last Ecuadorian jar may give in to the green monster. Looks like some of my pint jars of PB may be giving in too. Going to give all a couple more days and then decide if I need to throw them out. Got one 1/2 pint PB jar almost done. Hopefully I can get some prints from it and have bigger crop on the next attempt.

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#1995011 - 10/09/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Damn....:crazy:
Good luck !

MAIA 

--------------------

Voltaire

Offlinejumpship
lawn boy

#1995043 - 10/09/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

not to be critical, and it is possible that you got a bad syringe, but if you are having this many jars contam then i think working on your sterile procedures would be the best remedy for your troubles. read and reread your tek.

i have found that cakes are really hard to contam if done right (when doing cakes i only lost 1 out of the 100 or so i did), now casing are a little tougher and i am fighting some cobweb on one of mine now.

anyway best of luck to you on your grow.

Anonymous

Re: Ecuadorian Contamination? [Re: jumpship]
    #1998444 - 10/10/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the encouraging words. I think I was a little too high last night when I snuck a peek at my jars. I took another look at them tonight when I got off of work and everything was fine. I don't know why but I still have 2 jars (one 1/2 and 1 pint jar) hardly colonizing. Most of my other jars are between 75 and 95% colonized. Maybe they just didn't get as many spores as the rest?, not sure. How much risk of contamination is there with dunking and rolling? I would like to try it (seems awesome at getting bigger yields). I was planning on dunking for 12 hours in the fridge (does this water need to be sterilized?) and then rolling in dry verm and misting with h2o and h2o2 (10:1). I don't want to lose everything to contams when I put them in my chamber. What do you all think?

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#2000254 - 10/11/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You should use clean water, better if sterilized.
Anyway, i used to put 3 drops of bleach for 2 lts of water when dunking, it also works.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Anonymous

#2009018 - 10/14/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well I just finished dunking and rolling my first cake. Put it into the terrarium about 5 minutes ago. Hopefully in 7-9 days I will start seeing pins. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for all of your input and help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag