Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

More Lost Jars
    #680123 - 06/15/02 12:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I think I have a serious bacteria problem. A week ago I made 8 jars of acadian cost and 2 days after innac. I smelled some weird stuff coming from my incubator. Well it smelled bad and I was pretty sure it was bacteria. I think I seen it called wet spot or baccillus? or something like that. It looked like I had put way to much water in the jars so thats kind of what I thought the problem was. Well I clean out all my jars, washed them with hot soap and water and put them in my dishwasher and washed and dryed again. Well I made 4 more jars 2 days ago and this time I mixed up everything perfectly like I had did my first ever time. Well I went to check the jars today and what do you know. The same shit again. Now I didnt clean my incubator or nothing b/c I thought that if I just cleaned the jars everything would be right. Is this why I am getting the same problem? How could the bacteria get in the jars if they were all covered? Is the bacteria air born and still around in my incubator and thats what causing it? I am cleaning it right now anyway but I would just like to know what ya'll think. Also should I wash the blanket that was covering the incubator that kept the heat in?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: More Lost Jars [Re: ]
    #681442 - 06/16/02 07:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Bah, bacteria can't get into sealed jars. There are two obvious posibilities, A- Substrate not fullt sterilized. B- Contamination at innoculation, due contaminated syringe, dirty work area or bad niddle sterilization.

Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum