Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCyledehysp
LibsLover
Loc: Poland
Affecting trip`s strength ad length by...
    #1963247 - 09/29/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Lately I was thinking about two aspects that influence trip`s length and strength.

Question number one: I know fasting and sleep depravation makes you trip harder - at least thats what I`v heard, I also heard native americans used to do it. But how it affect the trip? I`m more interested here about sleep depr. Say, I won`t be sleeping for a whole day and night, and will eat shrooms in the morning, after about 20 - 24 hours without sleep - do you think it may noticable affect the trip`s strength/ how much may it affect it? I`d guess it may be hard to test it, since you never really know how strong the trip would be without it, but anyway, if you know something, let me know.

Now the second thing, pretty simillar like above, I seem to know the answer but only in general, and I need more detail. I know that if the shrooms will be eaten not all at once, but rather slowly, for some time, it may make the trip longer and weaker in strength. Especially if you compare eating, say, 2g dry at once, or eating it for a period of one hour. But do you know how long can I eat shrooms (5 minutes? 20 min.?) and still don`t make the trip weaker? Also, if I would like to increase the trip length, but keep the strength at 2g level, I could eat some more but for longer time, maybe eating 2.5g for 30 minutes? How do you all think/have experienced?

Thanx for ur time!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: Cyledehysp]
    #1963366 - 09/29/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I cannot help you with your first question, other than to say that I don't think lack of sleep and shrooms would go well together.  Kind of like a yen fighting a yang, so to speak.

As for your second question, from my experience, the initial amount that I eat, within about a 10 minute time period, dictates the amplitude (strength) of the peak.  The more that I eat after onset, the longer the trip lasts, but the secondary peak(s) are always less than the initial peak.

If I wanted a nice 2g trip to last ten hours, I would take 2g and wait until I was about to peak,  then eat 2g again.  Once the peak is over, a new but lower peak will start, so eat another 2g.  Continue until out of piles. 

Of course we are all different and what works for me may not work for you, so be careful and play nice.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
    #1963530 - 09/29/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you want a trip to last longer/slight harder with smaller amounts of mushrooms you might try combining them with syrain rue, however I will say to research the hell out of the combo before you attempt it.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: caolite]
    #1963641 - 09/29/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> slight harder with smaller amounts of mushrooms

MAOIs have always extended a trip for me, but never bumped it. If anything they tend to mellow the trip out, at least with shrooms. More effort than they are worth, for me at least.

--------------------

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: Seuss]
    #1964632 - 09/29/03 11:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would think that constantly eating shrooms would make you ... well, constantly nauseaus.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: StrongBad]
    #1969658 - 10/01/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> I would think that constantly eating shrooms would make you ... well, constantly nauseaus

It is no worse for me, but I usually mix up teas... donno if that makes a difference or not. I will have several cups premade and drink down the next cup as soon as I can get up and walk after the peak. Around 10 hours is the longest I have been able to strech a single mushroom trip.

--------------------

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: Seuss]
    #1971826 - 10/02/03 02:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One time, someone somewhere consumed 1 gram of syrian rue seed tea, 1 choco mushie which contained about 1 gram, and drank 1/3 a pot of tea made with 2.5 grams of mushrooms. After about 15 to 20 minutes the person came up rather fast, and proceeded to trip for about 10 hours until they passed out in the early morning, a large part of the trip was spent with kalidascope vision and confusion, but in the end after everythign was done and over the next morning, he felt it was worth the troubles that came along with it and this person reccomends such a combo to extend the length of ones trip.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1978948 - 10/04/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

good shrooms and an empty stomach.

lack of sleep can cause hallucinations as is, plus, tripping is tiring to begin with. Be well rested, and prepare for the surge.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineGeeno
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: soochi]
    #1979932 - 10/04/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you were crazy enough you could try to meditate for an obsene amount of time, then just pop the shrooms, and keep meditating till you get there.

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
Re: Affecting trip`s strength ad length by... [Re: Geeno]
    #1980499 - 10/05/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Meditation and halucinating go hand-in-hand, like a fire extinguesher and making honey oil.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds