Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
A. muscaria in PA
    #1957366 -

So I'm in need of a little advice. I've been trying to find some A. muscaria for a while, and haven't had any luck. I few friends of mine found some while I was still down in Alabama, but I've now moved back up to Pennsylvania.. and still, haven't been able to find any. At all. I don't know why, either. I've done all kinds of research online, read this boards, I've got a nat'l audobon mushroom field guide for chrissakes, and still I've been comin up empty. any pointers anyone could give me on anything about them, especially how to locate the buggers, would be much appreciated.


--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #1957506 -

Look under pine trees that have lots of cover wait a couple days after a good rain.. im goin out in 2 days cuz its pouring in Wv.. good luck bro!


--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: Fungushungry]
    #1957898 -

Their season may not come until later than you think- it does for me. Also look in MANY places and you will hit an absolute jackpot when you do find them- I can almost gauronteeee. There is some variation of the Muscaria that grows in the northeast that you may find- I'll try to find the name and some pertinent info (apparently very sommon- light colored and very large- tan/yellow caps more similar to a formosa than anything). Also if I were you I would be on the lookout for the formosa variety not and red or pink variation. Good luck and I'll try to provide the site I found the aforementioned mushie on. Peace.


--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1957902 -

Well- it's lost now- I searched my list of sites and can't find it. Just look for Amanita Muscaria (Formosa) and have patience.


--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1961668 -

Thanks for the help.. hopefully I'll be able to find some, I'm planning on going out on Thursday, it's supposed to rain here Monday maybe and Tuesday, and the temp. has just taken a dive. I think maybe I was out looking while it was too warm still for them.. as I haven't found any yet I don't have any clue really what temp. they like. Sure found a lot of those all-white amanitas.. destroying angel or hated I can't recall.. the lovely ones that kill your liver kidneys and you. Not exactly what i wanted ;p


--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #1961674 -

Get to lookin Monkey i have a whole oven full atm :smile:


--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: Fungushungry]
    #1963168 -

Oh I forgot.. one more question for anyone in-the-know. In all my searching and reading I've never really found much about how much you should/could eat of a. muscaria. I've heard anywhere from a few grams to a few caps, and really, I just have no clue what to make of it, especially considering how big some of these things are supposed to grow.


--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A. muscaria in PA [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #1963675 -

I certainly wouldn't recommend you eatiing anything. I HAVE hear though that some eskimo ninjas eat anywhere between 3-5 g their first time (probably they do something on the low end). When they are not flipping around in the ice they eat less var. muscraia than var. formosa due to the negative effects associated with the yellow ones. They do measure in grams I've heard because two caps that look alike can be quite different in weight.


--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Where is Amanita Muscaria var Formosa in Pennsylvania? moonsnail 5,779 5 08/15/05 04:26 PM
by Silver94
* Amanita Var. Formosa In Pennsylvania mbrown3391 2,234 6 09/29/08 06:51 PM
by mbrown3391
* Amanita muscaria var. formosa
( 1 2 all )
PlasticFantastic 6,887 27 09/21/08 12:37 PM
by cactu
* Amanita Muscaria var. formosa, versus Amanita Frostiana Darcho 8,318 8 07/28/04 11:53 AM
by thearmedforces
* Amanita muscaria var. formosa Id request Montanahunter420 4,882 6 10/08/06 11:08 AM
by trigger
* My Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa finds stebo32 1,751 9 08/21/06 11:39 AM
by eris
* Rhode Island. Amanita muscaria var. formosa?? Nalu 2,713 8 07/09/06 10:53 AM
by Nalu
* Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa YeahGuy 1,871 8 10/30/08 01:48 AM
by YeahGuy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
964 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.