Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGadget
addict

Re: cakes producing no pins
    #19411 - 06/02/00 04:09 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Is your cake sitting directly on the perlight? If not, "make it so"

I also find that once a week or after each flush I "flip" the cakes so that the other end is on the perlight.

Should help.

I had some cakes that fruited just barely then went dormant, the cakes were my first batch that had NOT been placed on the perlight, after several weeks of nothing I put 1 of the 10 cakes directly on the perlight and damned if it didnt start pinning and fruiting like normal, while the other 9 just sat there and stared at me.

Once I moved the other 9 cakes of the wire rack, they too are fruiting like normal again :smile:

/Gadget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
Re: cakes producing no pins [Re: Gadget]
    #19413 - 06/02/00 04:28 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I had this SAME problem..same conditions to the letter. Got 3 fruits in 2 months. Even tried perlite to rehydrate..nothing..you may have cobweb mold. Or oyur cake is compoetely dormant. If nothing happens after a month or you just get too impatient..try casing with vermiculite only...(Use H2O2/water to wet the vermiculite)

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #19414 - 06/02/00 09:48 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I'll try the perlite thing. Also, my timer is currently romantically involved in another gardening project, in a different room in my basement, and so I've just let the shrooms have light all the time. It's not so much light, but it's definitely more than they NEED. Should I go spend 7 bucks for another timer?

Reading that post, I just got excited for finally being able to maybe get some fruits, I've waited so long with so much work...next time will go a lot smoother I hope.

Thanks for the support.

Also, in the another recent post on the same topic, someone says that humidity might be too high? Could this be a problem? I doubt it in my case, but it's good just to know.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

OfflineGadget
addict

#19415 - 06/03/00 07:26 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I've read many times that regarding cake growing methods that humidity is supposed to be as high as possible. Thus I theorize that it would be impossible to have excess humidity (unless their sitting in standing water!)

Cases are a differnt story.

I notice that when I put one of my dormant cakes on the perlight, within 24hrs your could see the mycelium "fluf" up near the perlight, once I saw mushies starting at the bottom I fliped it and agian within 24hrs, what was the top, now on the bottom, fluffed up also and started to pin 2-3 days later.

------------------
/Gadget

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there always is."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag