Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is kava kava extract safe?
    #19405331 -

How many people hear have used kava in
Some form ? Has anyone had a bad health reaction ?

Is kava safe? Have the rumors about liver damage finally been Debunked?

Any long term regular users here ?


What doses do you take ?

What kind of results do you get?

Anyone had liver problems or know someone peraonally who has?

I have heard 300 mg kavalactones is a good dose .

Is this dose safe ?

Any and all info , experiences and insights about kava and it's safety are appreciated !

I know some studies said it was bad for the liver but my understanding is that only applies if parts other than the root are used and the root itself is perfectly safe .

If kava was really Hurting people's livers , wouldn't we be hearing about it in the news all the time ?

I live in Canada and all my local health stores carry kava. If it was causing liver damage , surely I would hear about it?

I have used kava a dozen times or more so far , various products and sources .


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405334 -

I thought you were the one who knew everything about this kind of stuff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: morrowasted]
    #19405382 -

Kava is the one thing that drives me crazy because Internet research just won't give me conclusive answers .
The Internet has lots of sources arming that it can cause liver failure an death even at normal doses short term, but whole culture of pacific island people have used  it heavily for generations without any liver problems .

Warnings are severe but millions of doses are taken yearly and there are no reports of deaths in the news , but web searches still warn that it is highly liver toxic.

So I really can't make a firm conclusion and any above would be welcome !


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405393 -

Alcohol is worse on the liver.


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Legend]
    #19405410 -

"If you start researching kava, warnings about liver damage are the first you’ll discover. This is a subject with much contention. While some suggest it is toxic to the liver, most research indicates there is little evidence to support this notion. [15] [16] [17] Both Ohio State University and the South Dakota State University College of Pharmacy conducted animal studies and found that not only was kava non-toxic to the liver, but may even protect the liver. [18] [19] One of the primary arguments is that liver damage from kava is unpredictable, dose-independent, and not reproducible; thus individual metabolic differences are more likely. [20]"

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/10-facts-to-know-about-kava/#16


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405425 -

The leaves are toxic to the liver. People were probably taking supplements derived from the whole plant. If you just ingest the roots you won't run into any danger. Just buy whole roots and none of theBS tablet supplements.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405502 -

I recently bought some (https://hyperionherbs.com/shop/kava-extract-4-oz/) and tried it three times and it did next to nothing. It also tasted horrible.


We have studied in animals and man various extracts, extracted chemicals and congeners of piper methysticum (Kava Kava). The main pharmacological action is like that of central relaxants of the mephenesin-type as shown by a specific antagonism to strychnine infusion. Compared to modern synthetic central relaxants all of the Kava congeners are relatively inactive. The most active congener appears to be dihydromethysticin, but this compound when given to man in the dosage range of 800 to 1200 mgm daily produces side effects and allergic skin reactions. The crude root and extract produces a yellowing of the skin similar to that reported in the Kava drinkers of Samoa. From the data now available, further study of Kava as a modern medicinal agent would not appear to be needed.

Ethnopharmacologic Search for Psychoactive Drugs (eds. D. H. Efron, R. Holmstedt, and N. S. Klein) (1967), page 160

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: s240779]
    #19405554 -

Only tried it while in Tonga at a kava ceremony with some locals. And once at home with some kava alcohol type extract. Both times my mouth became numbish but time during the ceremony it seemed alot stronger which lead to a calming like affect with the wousing almost comparable to alcohol but this wasn't so with the kava extract. With extract it was just slightly calming. Sleep well the nite of use both times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: s240779]
    #19405569 -

:watchingyou:There we go this great info, so the relaxing part holds for reason, now I know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #19405583 -

dude, kava grows on irradiated pacific islands. I stopped using it after 2011.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #19405617 -

I know I ate the local fruits and veggies in 2000 but only for 3weeks I wouldnt be surprise if some area has radiation but all S.Pacific being contaminated would have more been from Japan's lasest meltdown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: sololas]
    #19405641 -

Make sure the extract is only made with Kava Kava root.

On the other hand, most kava kava extracts are very weak, or the alkaloids that give ya the good feels have been removed through the process. I say stick to powder :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #19405649 -

Damn I never considered the Fukushima angle. I took 300 mg kavalactones today. So far feeling good. I currently have one bottle of extract capsules and one bottle of tincture. I guess I will finish both but not restock after . I will also buy another bottle of milk thistle to counteract any liver damage that may or may not result , and continue taking my regimen of radiation protection supplements.

I'm going to continue using kava and valerian to substitute for etizolam as I finish tapering off , as kava and valerian have the most benzo like effects of the natural supplements.

Overall though valerian seems like a much safer option than kava.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405656 -

Moonshoe said:
Damn I never considered the Fukushima angle. I took 300 mg kavalactones today. So far feeling good. I currently have one bottle of extract capsules and one bottle of tincture. I guess I will finish both but not restock after . I will also buy another bottle of milk thistle to counteract any liver damage that may or may not result , and continue taking my regimen of radiation protection supplements.

I'm going to continue using kava and valerian to substitute for etizolam as I finish tapering off , as kava and valerian have the most benzo like effects of the natural supplements.

Overall though valerian seems like a much safer option than kava.



Just make sure you're only getting the root and you should be okay. Do your research on whichever vendor you choose, because there are many that don't take the time out to remove harmful plant matter.

Milk Thistle won't be enough to reverse damage or keep your liver unharmed in the long run.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405670 -

definitely use valerian for months after quitting the etizolam. that shit is fucked! it nearly killed me and ruined my life. seizures are very likely. I wouldn't even take a script of Xanax from my doctor when he tried to prescribe it for me a week ago because of my experiences on etizolam... and I used to love benzos.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #19405685 -

Really glad to hear you made it off etiz passiflora! :highfive:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: s240779]
    #19405691 -

I think the relaxed states that these herbs supposedly produce would best be accomplished by microdosing psychedelics. I'm very impressed with what I read about microdosing psychedelics.


subtle increase in visual acuity, focus ability, outlook, sexual energy, social outgoingness, creativity, meditation ability, openness to love in my heart, feeling lighter on my feet, feeling energy flow through me, and a sense of tapping into a larger wisdom of the world,

Microdosing Ayahuasca Analogue (ACRB + SR)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #19405698 -

How much etiz were you using and for how long?
Mi have only been using for a few weeks and not huge doses, I have been tapering off even though I don't think I am dependent at all, I just want to be really safe.

When you say it nearly killed you do you mean from withdrawal?

How much were you using, for how long, and did you cold turkey or taper?


Good idea refusing the Xanax , Xanax is much more dangerous than etiz.

How long did your withdrawal last and how are you doing now ?

Did you have a seizure ?

And I asked my vendor and he assured me the product is made from the root only, for what that is worth.

Im down to only 2 mg etiz a day right now, dropping to 1.5 mg etiz tomorrow. Then 1 mg divided into two .5 mg doses, then finally .5 mg divided into two .25 mg doses, then just kava an valerian root and other calmin supplement after that.

Then I will need to take probably at least a month with zero etiz before using it again, as then I need to use it only 1-2 times a week and max 3 mg a day.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405706 -

Moonshoe said:
Good idea refusing the Xanax , Xanax is much more dangerous than etiz..



It's really not, the two are very similar. Statements like that are dangerously misleading, an etizolam addiction is no joke.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is kava kava extract safe? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19405732 -

Moonshoe said:
How much etiz were you using and for how long?
Mi have only been using for a few weeks and not huge doses, I have been tapering off even though I don't think I am dependent at all, I just want to be really safe.

When you say it nearly killed you do you mean from withdrawal?

How much were you using, for how long, and did you cold turkey or taper?


Good idea refusing the Xanax , Xanax is much more dangerous than etiz.

How long did your withdrawal last and how are you doing now ?

Did you have a seizure ?

And I asked my vendor and he assured me the product is made from the root only, for what that is worth.

Im down to only 2 mg etiz a day right now, dropping to 1.5 mg etiz tomorrow. Then 1 mg divided into two .5 mg doses, then finally .5 mg divided into two .25 mg doses, then just kava an valerian root and other calmin supplement after that.

Then I will need to take probably at least a month with zero etiz before using it again, as then I need to use it only 1-2 times a week and max 3 mg a day.



it started in july of this last year when my daily consumption of etiz dropped by about 20mg due to laziness reordering the stuff. this and massive alcohol consumption ended in 4 grand mal seizure in one day. I fractured two vertebrae in the process somehow. I got off of the etiz with my doctor's help. I got back on the stuff a few months later because I had found a source for some potent and quality pills. I went downhill fast and got into trouble in a bar one night, ran from the cops, and eventually ended up facing the charges. i'm awaiting trial after I get back from Arizona. when I got off of it the last time, I started having small seizures every minute of the day. I heard real voices in every form of white noise and saw/talked to hallucinations of people upon waking. I was still taking valerian, and it eventually all stopped and I feel completely normal again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* kava
( 1 2 all )
Infrared 2,553 20 10/29/04 07:53 PM
by AlmaTron
* legal status of kava in canada... wtf?? LuSiD9 1,423 4 10/31/07 12:17 AM
by LuSiD9
* kava kava extract.. why_not_me 741 3 08/05/07 05:38 PM
by why_not_me
* kava quest Todcasil 893 14 04/27/05 09:02 AM
by Krishna
* What's Kava do? Jadian 941 10 08/14/05 12:16 AM
by CaptainH13
* whos tried kava?
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 1,780 26 03/10/06 02:24 PM
by Jadian
* Kava TODAY 618 12 08/29/07 08:59 PM
by CptnGarden
* Kava Waytoomany 254 1 09/28/07 03:59 AM
by TheFakeSunRa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,456 topic views. 2 members, 26 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.